spice

1. G

SPICE EDD for Ultrawide resolution via Nomachine

Hi, I gave set up the latest Mint Cinnamon VM in proxmox. My monitor is an LG Ultrawide 2560x1080 (21:9 ratio) Constraint: I have to use the SPICE display and audio driver because audio doesn't work in nomachine without SPICE. With that out of the way... Nomachine works great. But.... When...
  2. Q

Configure SPICE in vm.conf to avoid GUI/WEB to generate connection file

Hi, I can generate a file via WEB/GUI without any problems and connect to my Ubuntu VM, but as you know the file that is downloaded on my PC is not usable after 30 seconds. I want to configure VM to always be available for ma Remote Viewer by simply typing "spice://172.19.0.20:6005", without...
  3. R

[SOLVED] Spice Connections unresponsive to input after a few minutes idle

I'm using virt-viewer to access VM's on proxmox via spice from Windows 11. It works great for about 2 minutes, but as soon as it is left idle for a few minutes the vm becomes completely unresponsive to input via spice - however the output still appears to be getting refreshed. The vm is...
  4. Y

[SOLVED] dynamic resolution not working on windows

Hi, I found a number of threads about this but no suggested solution seems to work for me. I installed the spice-guest-tools and all windows 11 updates but the resolution of the vm does not automatically adjust its resolution when I change the window size. I also tried changing the biostype...
  5. K

can remote-viewer connect to the headless pve host

I'm using spice remote-viewer to open vms on a proxmox 8.1 host. I can't seem to find a way to access the headless host. The only graphics card is passed through to the windows guest along with the keyboard and mouse. Is there a way and if not what is recommended for running a graphical host...
  6. M

SPICE connection error

Hi, could anyone help me? VirtViewer can't start spice session using the .vv file downloaded from pve webui, saying "can't connect to graphic server". Maybe the certification caused the problem. Before the SPICE problem occured, I have some trouble setting the custom certificate, because i...
  7. Z

Windows VM freezes with no issues with CPU or Memory usage.

I am baffled by the issues I am having. I have a Windows VM using a .raw as the boot. Display is spice, it has 12 cores allocated to it and 24GB of RAM (Ballooning enabled min 6GB). Not always, but it does happen more and more frequently, the host will just stop and slow down, I can click stuff...
  8. R

Disable TLS for spice connections?

Is it possible to completely disable TLS / certificates with spice connections? I'm using tailscale to "open up" my proxmox server, so I don't need tls for spice connections. Is there a way to disable tls?
  9. F

Trouble with graphics acceleration after reinstalling onto pve8

I recently rebuilt my Proxmox host onto PVE 8 after an issue with an update broke my boot and/or corrupted my root. Related to said problems, I chose to install from a Debian 12 ISO and install the Proxmox packages only after configuring my boot and ZFS root. GRUB does not play nice with...
  10. M

Add clipboard support to the VNC console in the GUI

Hello, In "Changelog Overview" of Proxmox VE 8.1 (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_8.1) under "Virtual machines (KVM/QEMU)" there is a new feature called Add clipboard support to the VNC console in the GUI. For now the feature cannot be enabled in the GUI and has to be manually...
  11. C

iOS SPICE Proxmox App Verbindungsprobleme

Guten Abend zusammen, ich versuche leider vergeblich, dass ich mit der App "aSPICE Pro - oVirt Proxmox" https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/aspice-pro-ovirt-proxmox/id1560593107?platform=ipad Eine Verbindung zu meiner VM bekomme. Das Video Ist sehr nichtssagend für mich. Ich bin mir nicht sicher...
  12. B

[SOLVED] SPICE configuration with outdated certs

Hello, I'm trying to set up SPICE for my guest OS Ubuntu 22.X on Proxmox 8.0.4. I followed the instructions from the given web sites: Proxmox SPICE Guide OSTechNix SPICE Guide In summary, I added the SPICE display with 32 Mb and disabled the proxmox and client firewalls. So far, SPICE would...
  13. E

[SOLVED] SPICE on pve 7.4.16 (Intel X5670 ) and 8.0.4 (AMD 6376)

Hi, I hope i'am in the good place to post :) I'am trying Proxmox since 2 months before migrating my existing VMs from ESXI to Pve. I have 2 servers: one Intel on Pve 7.4.16 -> 24 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz (2 Sockets) and one AMD on Pve 8.0.4 -> 64 x AMD Opteron(tm)...
  14. taich

Spice virt-viewer

I recently installed proxmox 8 with a windows 10 VM where I installed the https://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/spice-guest-tools/spice-guest-tools-latest.exe Now I want to connect to this Windows 10 VM from my local Windows 10 via Spice. Therefore I was looking for something like a...
  15. T

Direct USB passthrough is slow, but using SPICE is fast

Hello, I want to pass a USB device to a VM (namely a USB TV tuner for a TV server). When I do it directly by adding a USB device to the VM with the vendor/device ID, it seems as if the device is sometimes slow to respond. However, when I add a SPICE USB channel, change the display to SPICE...
  16. O

[SOLVED] Can't get copy paste between Windows 11 host & VM to work even in SPICE

Hello! I created a VM and installed the Win11 ISO on it, connected from a Win11 computer and used SPICE to connect. Preferences for SPICE window show Shared Clipboard as being enabled, yet still zero copy paste functionality in either direction Is there some other things I must do elsewhere...
  17. V

Best resolution configurability AND performance options for Windows 10+ guests?

Is there a guide to getting the "best" graphical performance along with highly customizable resolutions from a non-passthrough virtual machine guest of Windows 10 and higher in Proxmox? It seems like the gist is to install the SPICE latest drivers from...
  18. K

Audio delay when making a call

Hello, I am looking for some advice, we are a small-ish call center using promox to allow users to connect externally using spice and access our telephony server which is completely closed off from external connection. When connecting and making a call from our LAN there is virtually no delay...
  19. L

Aktuelle Version mit WinXP

Hallo zusammen, ich baue gerade ein Proxmox Testsystem zusammen, um ggfs. von meinem Ubuntu-Server mit Virtualbox auf Proxmox umzusteigen. Im Prinzip sollen ein paar Linux-Systeme laufen, sowie eine ganze Reihe von abgekapselten Windows-Systemen mit Programmen, die für sich alleine laufen...
  20. N

Windows doesn't load after going to sleep

I would like to setup my geust machine (Windoes 11) to sleep after some time. It helps to save energy. However, after going to sleep, it doesn't log in anymore via consoles or RDP. I use SPICE on Proxmox 7.3-4

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!