firewall

1. S

Feedback for PVE setup for large Nextcloud installation (with other services)

Hi there, Current Situation: We have a Nextcloud install with about 1000 users (but many are inactive). Everything is currently running on a Debian bare metal server, with caddy as a reverse proxy and Nextcloud (and other services) in Docker behind. Our current server (4 cores, 32 GB RAM, no...
  2. T

How to block port nfs from one pve ?

Hi, I'm new, but I thoroughly go through dozens and dozens of threads already on the proxmox forum. I know I know it is a subject which has been asked before many times but without a very good answer. 1/So I've tried to block the 111 and the 2049 ports on each of my node on the pve part of...
  3. A

Hilfe benötigt - Proxmox-Server nach SSD-Umzug ohne Internetverbindung

Hallo Community, ich stehe vor einem Problem und hoffe auf eure Unterstützung. Ich habe kürzlich eine SSD in meinen Laptop eingebaut, auf der ein Proxmox-Server installiert war. Alles funktionierte einwandfrei, bis ich die SSD in einen anderen PC eingebaut habe. Seitdem habe ich keine...
  4. C

NAT masquerading on VLAN interfaces doesn't work

Hello, I am running Proxmox VE 8.1 and I find myself in a really difficult situation regarding NAT. Important to mention: I already searched through Proxmox documentation and similar issues here on the forum but I didn't find anything that matched my specific case, or that, with a few tweaks...
  5. G

Secure up containers with public ip

Hallo, I've a cluster with multiple containers. Two of them are lamp with public ip configured. The host have a public ip also. If i NMAP the proxmox hosts from the VM I get those ports opened: 22/tcp open ssh OpenSSH 8.4p1 Debian 5+deb11u3 (protocol 2.0) 3128/tcp open http Proxmox...
  6. A

configuring ipv4 /28 subnet

General question: I have a /28 subnet and am planning (as i have not many servers and vms) to give each of my vms a subnet ip. I already got this working, to a point, where i had internet, but i had no firwall whatsoever. I already did this before and had a single IP with an OPNsense firewall...
  7. J

SDN Nat-Regeln werden mehrfach angelegt

Hallo zusammen, ich arbeite mich aktuell mit den verschiedenen Optionen der SDN ein. Dabei ist mir aufgefallen, dass wenn ich SNAT anharke oder generell up und down-Regeln in den Interfaces hinzufüge diese mehrfach angelegt aber nie gelöscht werden. auto default0 iface default0...
  8. T

Internet access from unbound Linux Bridge?

Hello. I have recently set up Proxmox VE and Proxmox Backup Server on a dedicated server off-site for backup & redundancy. I have successfully set up backup sync jobs and restored a backup of my VMs to Proxmox VE. I ran into an issue though. After creating my second non-management bridge, I can...
  9. L

Help with Port Forwarding

Hello, can someone help me with port forwarding in Proxmox VE 8.0.3? I want to configure access using my public IP address so that I can still access the virtual environment when I'm outside my network. I have set up port forwarding in my router (see images), but when I try to access it from...
  10. S

Allow entry to VM Ports with SDN

Hello community, I have been trying to get this working for three weeks and I no longer know how to do it, the frustration is such that I am about to install Windows and use its Hypervisor. I have a PVE 8.1.3 instance with a single public IP without DHCP on /30. This is given to me by the...
  11. P

How do I use NAT with the Proxmox Firewall?

Hi, I want to use the Proxmox VE firewall to prevent my VMs on the NAT network (vmbr1) from accessing my local network. My first thought was to use the firewall, but after enabling it, my NAT setup collapsed. I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, but I just can't see it.... I'm not a networking...
  12. S

fail2ban & PVE 8.1 Firewall: f2b logs Ban and puts it into iptables, but its getting overriden by PVE Firewall

Hi, we are trying to use fail2ban on a host and use the Proxmox Firewall feature in order to block / open ports. In my PVE host (datacenter layer), I have these firewall rules configured: Security-Group "default-host" => Accept SSH (TCP port 22) Accept GUI (TCP Port 8006) Now I also have...
  13. M

[SOLVED] Proxmox Ubuntu VM AFP-Protocol gets blocked

Hello, I am trying to access the Ubuntu VM from my Mac using the AFP protocol. If I switch off the VM's firewall, this also works. However, it does not work when I switch it on - although I have enabled the corresponding port 548 (https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT202944). I currently have the...
  14. E

Optimal home Network topology with Proxmox

Dear all, I am trying to build a home server where i want to run few services, such as Nextcloud, as LXC contianers. I am relatively new to networking and before posting here i have read several pieces of documentation. Nevertheless, i still have doubts regarding the best setup for my use case...
  15. M

Firewall randomly drops connections

Hello, I've a container which needs to send mails to a server located in the internet via SMTP. Default outgoing behaviour is reject. I started with an outgoing rule using the SMTPS-Macro and restricted the destination ip address. So far, so good; but it didn't work. So I removed the IP address...
  16. D

Not able to reach internet from LAN with PFsense

Hello guys, I started to install a Proxmox VE on a server as a Home Lab to host some services. Those services needs to be accessed from anywhere. Basically, I've followed this tutorial: https://blog.zwindler.fr/2020/03/02/deploiement-de-proxmox-ve-6-pfsense-sur-un-serveur-dedie/ But I think...
  17. N

No connection NFS on Synology

I am running a synology NAS on 192.168.0.100 with NFS activated. Share "proxmox" has been set on synology with user rights R/W. It is visible to * with NFSv4.1 active. (I have tried 3.0 before, same results) The NFS Share can be found and accessed from local Mac computers. Any help is...
  18. H

No WebGUI or ssh into PVE, but ping works; Everything works from phone though?

Hi there! I'm running into a really wild issue here: I want to access my PVE remotely from a different network, so I'm using a wireguard VPN running in an LXC on my Proxmox node. I can use it and ssh into it and other LXCs just fine, however I can't access the pve itself neither by ssh nor by...
  19. D

Firewall questions

Proxmox 8.1.3 - So we have a firewall at the Datacenter, Node and VM level. I want to add a rule so that all VMs cannot access a computer (not on Proxmox) on a specific IP addresses. Do I need to add the DROP rule on each VM or can I put one DROP rule at the Node level? On a firewall rule, if I...
  20. J

HTTPS macro includes UDP?

Hey everyone! Quick question: Does the HTTPS macro of the PVE Firewall include UDP traffic (to port 443) or is it still just TCP? I am on PVE 7.4-17, but if it is available in PVE 8.x I would also be interested in the answer, since I plan on migrate to it soon. Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!