fail

1. S

fstab mount fails on boot but works with mount -a [workaround provided]

Hi everyone. Very noob here, first time linux. On my proxmox host , in fstab i'm having this line "/dev/vg_4tb/lv_4tb /mnt/4tb_data ext4 defaults 0 0" I was testing this with 'mount -a', and it mounts properly, BUT on reboot my system doesn't boot with these error messages: 1 LOGICAL V. IN VG...
  2. J

[SOLVED] [how-to-fix] OPNSense with Suricata IPS service failure crash

This how-to-fix post to inform people on how Suricata crashes with OPNSense on Proxmox (any version) can be remediated. The advisories here may not be suitable for production environments, I trust you know this already. Context VM-hardware has Q35 chipset and uses virtio network interfaces...
  3. S

[SOLVED] Backup for VMs and Containers only works if I power them off first.

Backup for VMs and Containers only works if I power them off first. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions? Proxmox version: 8.1.3 error I'm getting when trying to backup with powered-on VM/Containers: NFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 598 --node auriga --compress zstd --mode...
  4. S

Backup failing.

Hi guys, I keep getting backup fail on all of my containers/vms. INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 597 --node auriga --storage ftp-newton --remove 0 --compress zstd --mode snapshot --notes-template '{{guestname}}' --notification-mode auto INFO: filesystem type on dumpdir is 'cifs' -using...
  5. K

upgrade from 7 to 8 hangs while importing rpool

Hello.. I am upgrading a standalone server from proxmox 7.4 to 8. I followed the instructions and pve7to8 reported no issues. I've done multiple upgrades from 7 to 8 at work, but this is for a home system, and it's the first time it failed. After the reboot, the OS failed importing rpool...
  6. V

7.3 - Kernel error

The server go down Nov 27 12:29:31 nodo1 kernel: DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 102 Nov 27 12:29:31 nodo1 kernel: DMAR: [INTR-REMAP] Request device [01:00.0] fault index 0x5f [fault reason 0x26] Blocked an interrupt request due to source-id verification failure Nov 27 12:28:16 nodo1...
  7. P

Proxmox on R820

Hello, I recently bought a server (R820) and when it was time to install the proxmox operating system it gave me an error, in the end I realized that I had used the rufus program and tried BalenaEtcher and after using it I I let open the installer and install it. But now it won't let me start...
  8. S

Strange network problem with Proxmox 7.1-6 and Debian 11

Just received a Dell R520, and did a fresh install of Proxmox. Added Debian 10 (buster) guest. No issues with networking. Installed Debian 11 (bullseye). When I run a "/etc/init.d/networking restart" the networking bits stop working. This is the "Before" running /etc/init.d/networking...
  9. P

resolv.conf Einträge fügen sich automatisch hinzu

Hallo, ich habe einige VMs auf Proxmox und würde gern den nameserver ändern. Dazu habe ich resolf.conf installiert, weil meine Einträge sonst immer überschrieben wurden. Ich habe auch die original Datei in /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d geändert aber folgende Einträge fügen sich automatisch...
  10. P

alte Backups auf neuem Server restoren?

Hallo, ich habe heute eine weitere Festplatte in meinen Proxmox Server eingebaut. Dannach kam aber die Fehlermeldung: "No Operating System found". Weil ich zu keiner Lösung gekommen bin und das Internet mir nicht helfen wollte habe ich dann einfach Proxmox auf der neuen Festplatte installiert...
  11. I

LXC reboot fehler (Autostart funktioniert)

Moin Zusammen, meine Linux Erfahrung ist eher erweiterter Anfänger, daher schlagt mich bitte nicht, wenn ich etwas falsch ausdrücke oder etwas nicht kenne. Ich wollte schon einige Zeit lang von Docker Containern auf meiner alten DS412+ weg. Diese sollen als VMs / Container auf einem NUC und...
  12. D

[SOLVED] Kernel 5.4.98-1 & Kernel 5.4.124-1 fail to boot

Hi Having updated through the GUI one of my cluster servers now fails to boot, stuck at this prompt. "Found vol group 'pve' using meta data lvm2". Does not progress from this prompt, I have left it for over an hour. Haven't tried the other server. Regressing to 5.4.78-2 works. I have...
  13. S

spfquery show fail for exists flags

Hi, Our pmg installation says mailserver is not a designated for addresses which spf record has exists flag. External online test tool say it must pass. https://www.spf-record.com/spf-lookup/unicredit.eu?ip=207.54.76.27 The following commandalso show the fail on our server: # spfquery -s...
  14. Z

iSCSI: storage '<name>' is not online, VM working, no possibility to backup and/or migrate

Hello! I'm running a PVE 5.2 cluster with 4 nodes. The cluster is attached to a SAN, an HP P2000 G3 iSCSI. VMs are hosted on the SAN. The first controller of the SAN failed. Everything is running on the second controller, but I can't manage PVE anymore. Although VMs are running, it seems that...
  15. L

Certain VM's Failing to Backup: I/O Error 5

Hello all, I have four nodes backing up to PBS on a regular basis. One of the nodes has five VM's, only one of which is backing up. The other four fail. All other VM's on all other nodes back up without issue. I really have no idea what could be causing it, but it's important that I fix this...
  16. G

proxmox unstable when performing restore

Dear Community, I tried to restore a backup (container) and it always fails and the whole proxmox interface gets unresponsive. Could you please suggest which logs should I check? thanks Gergo
  17. G

[Solved] Dell T40 with Raid1 is destroyed at Proxmox 6.2 install

Hi to everyone!! I'm installing on a brand new Dell T40 with 2x1TB disks a Proxmox 6.2. Before install Proxmox for a USB stick i go to the Dell configuration Utility and create a Raid1 then reboot and put the USB and run proxmox. The first problem is the installer detect both disks and not...
  18. J

with multiple PCI devices the .conf file gets "rewritten" and the VM no longer boots

While struggeling with PCI passthrouhg (it does work, eventually) i found something peculiar. Sometimes the VM would not boot because the PCI.id for a device was alread in use. This was because the pci-id for the vga and the audio were written as the same. So instead of 0000:17:0.0 and...
  19. I

[SOLVED] lxc container faild to start

i noticed one of my lxc containers was down, and it failed to start with he following error: /usr/bin/lxc-start -F -n 143 lxc-start: 143: conf.c: run_buffer: 352 Script exited with status 13 lxc-start: 143: start.c: lxc_init: 897 Failed to run lxc.hook.pre-start for container "143" lxc-start...
  20. K

Can't start VMs after a system reboot

Versions: proxmox-ve: 6.1-2 (running kernel: 5.3.18-2-pve) pve-manager: 6.1-8 (running version: 6.1-8/806edfe1) pve-kernel-helper: 6.1-7 pve-kernel-5.3: 6.1-5 pve-kernel-5.3.18-2-pve: 5.3.18-2 pve-kernel-5.3.13-1-pve: 5.3.13-1 pve-kernel-5.3.10-1-pve: 5.3.10-1 ceph-fuse: 12.2.11+dfsg1-2.1+b1...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!