lxc

1. F

Webserver Offline Issue on Proxmox

Hello, I have Proxmox in the latest version with numerous VMs and LXC containers. Recently, I set up another LXC container (Debian 12 Bookworm, static IP) running a small web server with NGINX (latest version) hosting a static website (only accessible in the home network). Now, I'm facing an...
  2. O

[TUTORIAL] lxc config common hook script for start-host,do not work

proxmox version 7.4.1 execute command: echo "lxc.hook.start-host = /usr/share/lxc/hooks/test" >/usr/share/lxc/config/common.conf.d/03-test.conf under /usr/share/lxc/hooks/ touch test test file content below : #!/bin/bash vmid=$1 output=$(lxc-info -n "$vmid" -iH ) echo "$output " echo "...
  3. G

lxc /dev/kvm

Irgendiwe schaffe ich es nicht die richtige konfiguration für den Container zu setzen dam er zugriff auf /dev/kvm hat. der grund dafür ist das dosemu2 /dev/kvm nutzt um einen ibm computer mit 4mhz zu simulieren .... bin gerade am setup eines BBS mit doorgames aber die kvm zugriff kriege ich...
  4. B

IPv6AcceptRA = False default in LXC for IPv6 DHCP

IPv6AcceptRA seems to be auto-set to False when setting LXC containers to DHCP on network settings for IPv6. Is there a setting I can adjust to change this to True?
  5. H

LXC won't start

Hello, Ran into a problem with my Proxmox VE. My LXC container, which is my go-to NAS, just won’t boot up after a reboot. Here’s the error it’s throwing at me: run_buffer: 322 Script exited with status 32 lxc_init: 844 Failed to run lxc.hook.pre-start for container "100" __lxc_start: 2027...
  6. B

[SOLVED] Access to samba/nfs or any webui of any lxc container always errors with "connection reset"

Hello. I have read lots of posts in this forum and a lot more on the web in regards to my situation but they were not that similar, or when I did the solution to the issue it didn´t work. So I decided to post to get help from more seasoned people. Since last week I have been using lxc containers...
  7. N

Wireguard VPN troubles routing to vmbr0

Let's say I have a Wireguard server in LXC. I can successfully connect and route through to the internet. How can I add vmbr0 to the wireguard server so that I can access all my VMs through wireguard?
  8. S

Feedback for PVE setup for large Nextcloud installation (with other services)

Hi there, Current Situation: We have a Nextcloud install with about 1000 users (but many are inactive). Everything is currently running on a Debian bare metal server, with caddy as a reverse proxy and Nextcloud (and other services) in Docker behind. Our current server (4 cores, 32 GB RAM, no...
  9. A

Is there a way to connect multiple monitors/displays to a LXC container?

I know that with an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS VM, I can use SPICE and have it show multiple monitors/displays with virt-manager and/or virt-viewer. Is there a way for me to do the same (or something very similar) with an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS LXC container? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  10. T

Cannot start "cgroups" service in Alpine LXC

I'm currently running an empty Alpine LXC and attempting to start cgroups so that something like Docker can be run, but I keep running into the same issue. This is on Promox's Alpine 3.19 template, which uses a new version of OpenRC that defaults to cgroupv2. ~: service cgroups start mount...
  11. M

LXC GPU Passthrough xorg

Hy Leute Hab jetzt mehrer Tage damit verbracht meine GPU in LXC zu nutzen. Hab mich etwas an dieser Anleitung orientiert: https://jocke.no/2022/02/23/plex-gpu-transcoding-in-docker-on-lxc-on-proxmox/ NVIDIA Treiber im LXC funktioniert soweit. Transcoding auch. Mein Problem ist aber das ich...
  12. M

[SOLVED] LXC ZFS Nextcloud Storage

Hy Leute kurtze frage Hab einen LXC (unprivilegiert) mit Nextcloud auf auf einem ZFS pool laufen da ist mir letztens aufgefallen das der Proxmox HOST direcken zugriff auf die daten im LXC container hat. (keine mount points vorhanden) Gibt es da eine möglichkeit das zu unterbinden? mfg. Mike
  13. D

[SOLVED] Netzwerkproblem: Kein Internetzugriff auf LXC

Hallo zusammen, auf meinem Proxmox System laufen mehrere Ubuntu-Container (LXC). Die Container sind über vmbr0 mit dem Heimnetz und dem Router verbunden. Darüber wird der Internetzugang bereitgestellt. Ich habe ein zweites Netzwerk auf Proxmox angelegt, vmbr1, das nur dazu dienen soll, die...
  14. H

[TUTORIAL] LXC ID mapping tool

Hi everyone, ran into a problem with ID mapping. And there's pretty little useful information on the web, and especially online tools. I gathered a lot of information, did some testing and made my own online mapper. It makes life very much easier, the tool is completely free! Who needs it, use...
  15. H

read-only bind mount a subvolume from other container prevents container start

I have two containers A and B. Container A #101 has only a rootfs: arch: amd64 cores: 1 hostname: A memory: 2048 nameserver: 127.0.0.1 net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,gw=x.x.x.1,hwaddr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx,ip=x.x.x.7/24,type=veth onboot: 1 ostype: alpine rootfs...
  16. O

Missing .conf files from old installation

Hello all, I've recently (as in 2 days ago) switched motherboards since my last one seems to have been destroying HDDs. I had a perfectly working Proxmox 7 installation with a desktop and everything. Now, that installation won't boot on my new motherboard (it gets stuck at "Loading initial...
  17. T

Issues with AMD GPU setup for use with VAAPI encode/decoding in a LXC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Motherboard: TUF GAMING B550-PLUS GPU: FXF 5700 I've been running into some errors while trying to get drivers setup for a Jellyfin LXC (privileged) I have. There's been a few problems which I cannot find a similar issue online to help me fix this with. Vainfo has been...
  18. T

LXD Project Lost Some Funding From Canonical - Does this affect Proxmox Virtual Environment?

Hi There, Just curious if the loss of LXD Image Server funding from Canonical with the Linux Containers project is going to affect Proxmox Virtual Environment and whether or not we will see a shift to Incus containers (whatever those are ;) ). Also, is there a good up to date explanation /...
  19. M

LXC, ZFS, verschachtelte Datasets, bind mount

Hallo, ich habe einen ZFS Dataset. Genannt "tank/work". Diesen habe ich als Bind Mount in meinen LXC durchgereicht, dann kann ich im LXC unter "/srv/work" auf die Daten zugreifen und auch auf die Snapshots usw. Es wird alle 15min ein Snapshot angelegt mit zfs-auto-snapshot. Super! Nund möchte...
  20. ismokemysocks

Creating VMs and LXC containers makes the host lose Internet connection

As the title states. I don't know why, but the PVE host loses connection to LAN and Internet... I have to physically go down to my home server, manually log in, kill the process and either wait a couple of minutes or reboot it (the latter one is not a must). I've followed some of the steps...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!