bug

1. B

Linux Completely hung on Proxmox VM Backup to NAS

Feb 29 22:00 Backup of a VM to NFS share (hosted by FreeNAS Scale VM on a different Proxmox host) caused the whole computer (BeeLink GTR7Pro AMD Ryzen 9 7940 HS) running the latest promox to hang up. I was on vacation when this occurred. Came back home on Mar 03, the computer was powered on...
  2. V

Cloning VM Template With Cloud Init Fails

Hi all, I've been trying to deploy machines via the Proxmox VE API by cloning an existing template and configuring it with cloud-init. Sometimes this works, however most times my VMs either get stuck in a bootloop or get stuck in initramfs: Bootloop: Initramfs: ALERT! UUID=<UUID> does not...
  3. I

Proxmox VE 8.1.4 - watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#X stuck for Xs

Hello there. Since I connected my nodes to cluster I noticed on some Linux VMs I'm getting this error: I couldn't find any working solution for this. I suppose this has something to do with ZFS as one of my nodes where ZFS is not operating these VMs work without any issues. Do you have any...
  4. C

Bug fix for infinite spinner on system summary

I installed proxmox recently and noticed a minor bug in the javascript for loading the system summary in the latest version. /usr/share/pve-manager/js/pvemanagerlib.js line 43269 let buildDate = kernel.version.match(/\((.+)\)\s*$/)[1] ?? 'unknown'; should read something like: let buildDate =...
  5. T

Live migration failed - There's a migration process in progress

Currently we are trying to live migrate a VM to another server within the same cluster. The first migration successfully migrated all the attached disks and got a hangup at the "VM-state" migration step. After 15 minutes of no progress I pressed the "Stop" button to abort the migration. Now...
  6. Q

Windows Server 2019 KVM Credentials Guard Bug

Hello everyone, For a month and a half I have been looking for a bug that does not allow the September, October (KB5031361) and subsequent updates to be installed on Windows Server 2019, the updates are installed during operation, the machine is restarted so that the Windows update progress...
  7. P

ZFS silent data corruption question

Dear, I just read about the silent data corruption bug in OpenZFS here: https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/15526 I was wondering since this is an ancient bug in ZFS if we need to take immidiate action on Proxmox Nodes that have OpenZFS version below 2.2.0? Since I read on the internet that...
  8. E

[TUTORIAL] SSH Host Key Certificates - How to bypass SSH known_hosts bug(s)

DISCLAIMER: As became apparent over some troubleshooting under this post, please take note there are also genuine cases where networking or SSH itself has been misconfigured and the error message you have encountered is genuine, i.e. you are connecting to the wrong host. If you properly follow...
  9. T

LXC - pct remote-migrate fails

I'm trying to remote-migrate my LXC containers between 2 separate clusters but it keeps failing. Remote VM migrations do succeed (both online/offline). At this point I can't seem to find the exact point the migration fails at. Things I have searched for: The error "failed: Insecure dependency...
  10. N

Problems with Proxmox VE 8.1-1

I'm not really looking for support here because I have everything working now with 8.0 and that's enough. I'm more writing as a 'bug report' of sorts. I have purchased a new box intended for use as a router/firewall/etc with Proxmox VE at the top level. i7-1265u, 64Gb DDR4-3200 RAM, 1Tb main...
  11. A

[SOLVED] Backup owner check failed. But I was checked..

Hello. I researched this issue a lot. There are pages and pages of articles in different languages. However, I still haven't found a solution. I wanted to open a new topic as a solution. I'm getting the same error like everyone else. However, there is no backup for this VM or even one with the...
  12. G

[SOLVED] My VM Templates can`t be excluded

I create 2 templates and i can`t exclude
  13. G

[SOLVED] I can acess Web GUI

I can acess web GUI of my proxmox server. I have try many of many ways and i have reinstall system many time. Anyway, don`t work. Anyone can help me?
  14. N

Kernel Bug? -kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:611!

I have had problems with Linux crashing, and I have enabled crashdump. Especially one line in the logged dmesg I found interesting: [ 8906.236858] kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:611! Does this mean a kernel bug, or can it be something else? I also have a full dump, but I don't really know how to use...
  15. G

BUG: unable to handle page fault for address

Hallo allerseits, ich versuche seit einigen Tagen eine Windows-VM unter der aktuellen Proxmox VE 8 zum Laufen zu bringen. ich habe bereits diverse Versuche mit unterschiedlichen VM-Konfigurationen getestet aber das ganze crasht meist schon kurz nach dem Boot. Vor dem "Bug"-Eintrag waren (fast...
  16. J

[SOLVED] Proxmox 8 - Network failure right after installation

Hello everyone, I have some interesting times lately. We had no problems with Proxmox 7 and everything was working and so we wanted to try new version 8. Installation went ok, both network ports were working during installation and data were flowing, but right after the restart after successful...
  17. E

Inconsistent and random kernel panics

I'm recently new to learning Proxmox and followed a couple YouTube guides to get a Plex (+arr) VM and an Open Media Vault VM up and running. I'm passing a ZFS into OMV, sharing a CIFS, then accessing that share in the Plex VM. My specs are Ryzen 5 3600, Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming mobo...
  18. O

Screen shows: "Not Optimum Mode Recommended Mode 1920x1080 60Hz during installation

I have been having a hard time getting PMVE to install on my HP DL380P 16 bay Server for a few weeks now. It shows my monitors recommended screen res just after I click on "Install Proxmox VE" in the installation menu then it goes black and then shows the following: Not Optimum mode Recommended...
  19. J

possible bug causing white / blank page for the webui @ port 8006

After hours of messing with this situation it , most likely and probably, comes down to some awkward stuff going on This situation defies explanation as "the problem" seems to not only happen by itself but also by some unknown parameters. The end result is the Proxmox Web Interface loading then...
  20. L

[SOLVED] unable to create vm with qm

So I'm unable to create a vm with qm or pvesh. I can create them with the webui no problem. The commands I use are bellow plus their output. root@proxmox:~# pvesm alloc VM-OS-Drives 106 vm-106-disk-0 1M --format raw successfully created 'VM-OS-Drives:vm-106-disk-0' root@proxmox:~# pvesm alloc...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!