ssd

1. D

Clone the boot SSD in cluster mode

Hi, I've seen few threads about cloning the boot disks to another disk/SSD, some used clonezilla (which, as of this moment, still having problems cloning the Proxmox boot SSD), some use dd. My problem is a bit different: I have a cluster of 3 nodes (prox,prox2,prox3, I've created the cluster...
  2. G

Any easy way to spindown ?

Hi, i'd like to know if there i any way to use spindown easily in proxmox ? I'm running a vm with TrueNAS and i gave him basically all my disk and the whole server at best consume 80w wich is quite a lot and i really want to try my best to drop down the consumption. But after seeing some article...
  3. G

Proxmox with WD Blue SN570 1TB NVMe SSD randomly causes I/O errors

I'm a little bit lost again, I've set up a ThinkCentre Tiny M900 with a WD SN570 NVMe SSD and installed Proxmox. It uses to run without any problems for days, sometimes for weeks and suddenly the LXCs are malfunctioning, the host system as well. SSH access is not possible anymore, nor is the...
  4. A

Proxmox unable detect NVMe drive

Hey all, I repurposed one of my windows machines into a proxmox box, but it never recognized the 512GB NVMe drive. And it doesn't seem to even be aware of the fact that the NVMe drive exists. lspci and lsblk return no mentions of any NVMe slot/drive, but the UEFI can see the NVMe, and I can even...
  5. A

Hilfe benötigt - Proxmox-Server nach SSD-Umzug ohne Internetverbindung

Hallo Community, ich stehe vor einem Problem und hoffe auf eure Unterstützung. Ich habe kürzlich eine SSD in meinen Laptop eingebaut, auf der ein Proxmox-Server installiert war. Alles funktionierte einwandfrei, bis ich die SSD in einen anderen PC eingebaut habe. Seitdem habe ich keine...
  6. N

Keine Netzwerkverbindung mehr nach Umzug auf größere SSD

Hallo, ich habe Proxmox aktuell auf einem Intel NUC laufen, allerdings ist die interne SSD nur 128 GB groß und wird bereits fast komplett ausgereizt. Deswegen möchte ich stattdessen eine SSD mit 256 GB, die ich noch herumliegen habe, benutzen. Dazu klone ich die 128-SSD mittels Clonezilla...
  7. B

How to install Proxmox to SSD and mirror?

I have some used server hardware I'm looking to acquire for new homelab Proxmox hosts. The only issue is that there are no hardware raid controllers in these machines. The servers however have room for two SSD's internally. I would like to install Promxox onto an SSD on Sata I and then mirror...
  8. P

SSD wear

Hi, I've been reading about others facing a similar issue but I wanted to share mine and see if there is any solution to it. I could not find a solution that I would understand or implement so far... Sorry if it's obvious but please help! I run proxmox for a while now. In Aug 2022 I bought two...
  9. I

2U 4 nodes 24 drives suggestions

Hello guys, I got this new server and each node has 6 Drives, and I will have one NVME for the OS installation. Should I use ceph or ZFS? What raid do you guys suggest in case of ZFS. Each drive is 1TB SAS enterprise SSD.
  10. O

Enterprise M.2 VM storage options

As I have watched how my Firecuda 530 drives get burned through (7% wear currently, accumulated in 18 months) I have started the process of finding alternatives. It is easy to find U.3 and U.2 drives for my needs, but I'd rather stay with M.2 (reasoning below). E1.S would also be an option if...
  11. A

[SOLVED] zfs pool problems

for my VMs and CTs I use a zfs pool of Samsung Evo SSDs. I've been running this one for a few years now. but today I found out that I can't create new VMs or CTs on this pool. Moving to this pool is also no longer possible. I get the following message: cannot share...
  12. W

100 times write amplification using ZFS

Sorry for reposting as last one got "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly." I'm running proxmox on 2 NVME 512GB sticks with zfs raid1 pool (ashift=12). I have written a small script that will measure number of writes per hour (in MB) using smartctl command (src: Github). I have a...
  13. T

Proxmox - install second ssd

Hello, I have a quick question. My Proxmox is running on an Intel NUC11 with an internal 1TB SSD. Now I would like to add an additional external SSD (via USB) that is available for data VM/LXC overlapping. Data from Frigate, Nextcloud, Ovm, etc. What is the right way to integrate this new SSD?
  14. A

[SOLVED] mount: /mnt/sda: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'.

Hallo, ich habe mir leider meinen Proxmox Server beim rumprobieren zerschossen. Daher musste ich Proxmox leider neu installieren. Glücklicherweise, waren alle wichtigen Daten auf einer zweiten Festplatte die in das System ein gebunden war. Auf der SSD hatten drei VMs einen zusätzlichen...
  15. U

SATA SSD is not recognized lsblk

Hi, i have a test server with 2 M.2 256GB. The proxmox is installed on these SSDs. There are also 4x 1TB SSD SATA disks which i can't access by proxmox v8. lsblk gives me the following output: sda 8:0 0 223.6G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:1 0 1007K 0 part ├─sda2 8:2 0 1G 0...
  16. K

decent hardware(enterprise), but vm windows still feels a bit slugish? - how to verify proper performance?

Hi all, i'm all to new proxmox so bare with me with my very limited knowlegde. I have recently installed proxmox 8 on my server dell r730 cpu: 2x 2680v4 xeon (14 core/28 threads each) 320gb ecc ram root disk, 1 disk zfs - Intel D3-S4610 Series - model: SSDSC2KG480G8 ( purely for proxmox ) 1x...
  17. J

[SOLVED] Really High SSD Wearout - Samsung 990 PRO

Hello everyone, Some months ago I set up a Intel NUC 13 (i5 13th gen, 64 GB) as homelab to run 9 little VMs. The SSD i mounted is a 2TB Samsung 990 PRO. Space used on the SSD is 107 GB out of 1.84TB and the vms are 8 Debian and 1 Ubuntu doing really little things (web servers which are used...
  18. P

[SOLVED] Disk Error?

Hello, I use a MiniPC as a proxmox backup server. I have a 2.5 inch 128GB SSD connected via a USB3.0 adapter. The operating system is installed on it. And I have an 8TB USB hard drive connected for the backups. I know this is not the best solution, but it has worked for me for over a year...
  19. P

[SOLVED] Disk Problem?

Hello, I use a MiniPC as a proxmox backup server. I have a 2.5 inch 128GB SSD connected via a USB3.0 adapter. The operating system is installed on it. And I have an 8TB USB hard drive connected for the backups. I know this is not the best solution, but it has worked for me for over a year...
  20. M

Vm error for truenas

Hi This is my first experience with proxmox.. I intend to install truenas and win 11 as vm inside proxmox.. I installed truenas and then searched for ssd drive.. But it wasn't available. So I tried option Add - > pci device and selected samsung Evo 980 ssd... I got some error so by...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!