networking

1. G

[SOLVED] Nested hypervisor networking issues - no traffic passing

I'm another vmware admin who's looking at Proxmox as a potential transition option. I'm not doing anything particularly intensive, I just deployed a few hypervisor VMs (under ESXi) to get a feel for the system, deploying VMs, networking, etc. Everything is working fine so far, other than the...
  2. D

Multiple node networking

I have three Proxmox 8.1.4 nodes. I have one VM (VM1) on node 1 and one VM (VM2) on node 2. I need VM1 to talk to VM2. Each VM is using a network bridge called "vmbr5" defined at both node levels. Using the SDN functionality, I know using a "Simple" Zone is not the way to go. I am now trying...
  3. H

PVE und pfSense - Netzwerke

Moin, habe ein Verständnisproblem ... habe Proxmox 8.1.4 auf einer IPU mit 6 NICs laufen ... Auf PVE eine VM mit pfSense, welche meinen Datenverkehr regelt. Das tut diese seit längerem auch verlässlich. cat /etc/network/interfaces auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface enp1s0 inet manual...
  4. T

Issues bridging Wireless Network Adapter

Hey all, I am having an issue getting connectivity to my VMs. I have a USB wireless adapter for Wi-Fi connectivity to my internet. When I try to make a Linux bridge from Wi-FI adapter <--> vmbr0 to have a VM bridge, it changes my default gateway / routes and I can no longer access my server from...
  5. D

No internet in Win7 x32

Please help. I did it like here (Masquerading) https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Configuration. i have only one public IP. Proxmox version 6.4-1. $ cat /etc/network/interfaces auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto ens3 iface ens3 inet static address XXX.XXX.XXX.171/24 gateway...
  6. C

Nginx Proxy Manager is able to connect to my domains on the internet, but I cannot reverse proxy into VMs on the same bridge that tracepath 1 hop away

I'm quite unsure of what is happening. I've been struggling with this for the last two weeks. So I've installed proxmox on my home machines. My gaming PC has a GPU passthrough working well enough, and my Windows VM feels like a natural PC with all my USB ports forwarded and everything. I even...
  7. P

DNS Issue

Hello, I was looking on the forum for a solution but it seems nothing match my problem... I have a DNS issue with my proxmox i can't ping 192.168.1.1 - destination host unreachable 8.8.8.8. - destination host unreachable google.com - there's no response from the shell .. Network: TIM...
  8. R

DNS issue

Hi All, This has probably been asked 100 times but i need help with this. I am running 8.1pve on my setup. I have tried everything from changing the resolv.conf file to point to cloudflare and google dns, turned off the pve firewall, and also been trying to see if i need to make any changes to...
  9. ismokemysocks

Creating VMs and CTs brings down LAN and Internet connectivity

Hello, all. I am experiencing some issues with getting Proxmox to behave. First, some key points: I use a Unifi Dream Machine SE. The network is segmented into different VLANs. My desktop PC and my home server reside on the same subnet/VLAN (192.168.2.0). My home server has only one network...
  10. S

Networking, battlefield for new newbie

Hello there! I was wondering if someone could possibly assist me with a little something. You see, I'm quite new to promox ve and I have this goal of hosting my very own web server and setting it up as a DMZ. Additionally, I have a few other VM's that I need to run on the machine and I would...
  11. F

[GUIDE] Proper networking for a CentOS 7 VM created via cloud-init image in Proxmox 7 & 8 with routed networking at Hetzner

After banging my head for about a day as to why a CentOS 7 VM created via the latest official cloud-init image just wouldn't have networking at all, on both a Proxmox 7 & a Proxmox 8 server with routed networking at Hetzner, here's a short guide that might benefit others... As always, your...
  12. Z

Can't connect to Web Interface via LAN but can through Wifi

Hello, I have an install of Proxmox that I have a few VMs running on. I recently relocated my router and switch and have had trouble connecting to the web GUI all day I was able to ping out from the server but couldn't ping into it, until I unplugged my PC from the switch. Now it connects fine...
  13. E

[SOLVED] Interior Networking: Guests Communicating with Other Guests...

I've created a VMware ESXi guest in PVE and cloned it twice to create a 3-node ESXi cluster on a single PVE host system. (Intel Core i7-7700K [4 cores @ 4.20GHz] with 64 GB of RAM) I've added an Ubuntu "helper" VM to test network connectivity inside of PVE... The ESXi Host Client interface of...
  14. S

Configuring Windows Mapped Network Drive inside VM

Hi all, I have an issue with an hhd physically forwarded to a Windows VM on my node. Previously, I had the drive installed on a non-VM Windows computer and could map it just fine to my other windows machine. However, with the drive in the VM, my other Windows machine cannot map to the drive...
  15. E

Optimal Network Setup for a 13-Node Proxmox Cluster with NFS and 10Gbps/1Gbps NICs

Hello Proxmox Community, I am in the process of setting up a Proxmox VE cluster and am looking for advice on the optimal network configuration. Here are the details of my HW: Cluster Size: 13 Nodes + 1 Backup Server Network Interfaces per Node: 2x10Gbps NICs and 4x1Gbps NICs Storage: Shared...
  16. G

How To Virtual Networking Between VMs

Hi, i'm noob on this platform and not so much knowledgeable in networking, and I'm not sure on the technical terms, or names to type in or search for. I hope someone can help out on this one. The Setup: - I have a mini-pc with 4 physical ports. - Physical Port 4 is bridged with vmbr0 -...
  17. A

USB4NET not recognizing other side. Thunderbolt works

Hi together, i am trying to get USB4NET working between 3 NPB7 from Minisforum. I worked with this guide: https://gist.github.com/scyto/76e94832927a89d977ea989da157e9dc When i plug in my laptop witch has thunderbolt 4 i get events in udevadm monitor and i see the interfaces but when i plug...
  18. D

[SOLVED] New Build - Cannot Get GUI to Show up on X550-T2 - Cannot Ping Gateway or LAN devices

Hello, I just put together a new server with an Epyc ROMED8-2T motherboard, running Proxmox v8.1.3, though I tried and had the same issue with v7 beforehand. This board has a built-in X550-T2. I want to use the bottom port "eno2" for Vmbr0 to access the Proxmox GUI. I have a custom built...
  19. S

Hyper-converged Cluster Networking

What is the best practice for the corosync network? I can't imagine it having much bandwidth requirements, and I'd hate to use a seperate nic just for this. seems to just need low latency. Since I have ceph public and cluster networks separated on separate 10G Nics, Can I put corosync on the...
  20. S

Proxmox node works at 2.5GbE upstream but capped at 1GbE downstream

When running iperf3 between devices on my LAN I am having an issue with my network throughput. I have a Beelink EQ12 with Intel i225v chipest and when connected to a 10GbE switch via SFP+ tranceiver I am able to get 2.5GbE throughput on the upstream to iperf3 servers but when going downstream it...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!