pve

1. L

logging into the web gui via a second bridge and vpn

The problem with logging into the web interface via vmbr2 ip via a vpn located on a virtual machine hosted on proxmox itself it hangs for a long time and then somehow opens. it feels like there is a problem with routing and the return packets are not reaching. adding a static route on the pve...
  2. H

PVE und pfSense - Netzwerke

Moin, habe ein Verständnisproblem ... habe Proxmox 8.1.4 auf einer IPU mit 6 NICs laufen ... Auf PVE eine VM mit pfSense, welche meinen Datenverkehr regelt. Das tut diese seit längerem auch verlässlich. cat /etc/network/interfaces auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface enp1s0 inet manual...
  3. A

Interacting with API…

I know you can curl your host, to get a CSRFPreventionToken and Ticket for auth. Is that the *only* way to authentication for API stuff? or can you use an API token for it instead? (specifically for interacting with the API, not just regular usage) Thank you in advance!
  4. M

API get storage with content images

Hi. I'm trying to write a script to calculate the sizes of the VM's disks in order to create an automated report of vm consumption (with cpu/ram/disk). With /api2/json/cluster/resources I only get the boot disk size which is not enough. The idea is to get the data from API and insert it into a...
  5. T

new disks in zfs - is it possible?

I'm new to ZFS on Proxmox. one of nodes have: - 250 Gb boot ssd (with /boot, local / local-lvm on it) - 1 Tb SSD with ZFS (added post-install), with one Can I add another disk to just extend available space on pool (without any extra redudancy, I have PBS-based backups)? I'm correct that I...
  6. D

[SOLVED] All Backups Started Failing

Link To Solution Hey, I've recently started to experience failure in all of my backups. Shortly after I've realized that this has nothing to do with my backup servers because other people can still backup to them, so it's clearly something at my end. I've narrowed this down to an issue with...
  7. N

PVE & PBS Hardware erwartet....

Guten Tag zusammen, ist eine Tastatur, Maus und Bildschirm erforderlich, damit die oben genannten Server ordnungsgemäß booten und funktionieren? Beim PBS war nur Netzwerkkabel angeschlossen.... der Backup Server wollte nicht booten war immer nur am beheben....?! mfg
  8. M

Split VM backup to multiple datastores for different disks

Hello, I'm cureently in need of a very particular backup configuration. I need to backup different disks of the same VM to different backup targets. Is there a way to either: - modify the target datastore for a specific disk - exclude a disk from a specific backup job only - modify the target...
  9. D

lm-sensors not detecting anything

Hello guys so i had proxmox 7.X before was working fine but i reinstalled it on the same machine because i added an m.2 and i installed 8.1.4 but i cannot seem to get sensors to work, my kernel version is 6.2.16-3-pve and i have an AMD k10temp sensors-detect is detecting k10temp and adding it to...
  10. X

Loading initial ramdisk hängt

Hallo, auf einem Debian 12 wurde laut der Anleitung (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_12_Bookworm) der PVE-Kernel mit 'apt install proxmox-default-kernel' installiert. Nach dem Booten bleibt der Server bei 'Loading initial ramdisk' hängen. Der Server lässt sich mit dem...
  11. E

VMs FS error after backup destination storage is full

Can it be so - NFS backup storage became full and VMs that was in this backup become with RO root partitions ?
  12. I

Proxmox VE 8.1.4 - watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#X stuck for Xs

Hello there. Since I connected my nodes to cluster I noticed on some Linux VMs I'm getting this error: I couldn't find any working solution for this. I suppose this has something to do with ZFS as one of my nodes where ZFS is not operating these VMs work without any issues. Do you have any...
  13. P

[SOLVED] Cannot access Proxmox machine from macbook

Hello there, I have successfully installed Proxmox VE, version 8.1.0. on Odroid H3. I set static IP to 10.0.0.98 and gateway to 10.0.0.1 during the installation. All worked fine until out of nowhere I can no longer connect to server from other local hosts on the same network. I can't see web...
  14. C

A container always fails to backup to PBS

PBS 2.4.6 and PVE 7.4.17 are all uptodate. Out of all the containers, only 1 always fails to backup to PBS. Once a day backup, and it would fail continuously for 9 days, and then it might be successful for 1-2 days, and fails again. Here is the output from email: 104 confluence FAILED...
  15. F

pveproxy keep restarting cause my server to freeze on proxmox

The problem i have with this server is the hardware and the OS is running but after 2 days on 10/02/2023 it just crash already gain more times i could remember and it just freeze and doesn't run. i would have to manually power off the power the server itself for it to work again. (please note...
  16. S

[SOLVED] VM (Win11) frozen (post boot) on some... PVE Hosts

Hi All, I have 4 new cluster nodes (Blade chassis) that I recently added to my proxmox cluster... They are not yet in production though in the testing phase I have run into a very strange issue. A new VM I just created (Win 11 Pro for WS) will boot and run just fine on my older nodes (2x Epyc...
  17. J

To cluster PVEs that have VM.

Hello,I have 2 Proxmox VE servers, and on each of them, I have 2 virtual machines. The first one is called PVE1 and the second one is called PVE2. I want to put these 2 PVEs (PVE1 and PVE2) under the same cluster. How can I do this, and what are the solutions that could make it work?
  18. J

Reinstalling a Proxmox 7.4 node using backed-up files vs deleting and adding it back

Hey everyone! So I have a 7-node cluster of PVE 7.4 and I need to reinstall one of the nodes because I did not REDACTED when installing it. I would like to keep the same IP address and hostname. The node is already empty (i.e., all LXCs and VMs have already been migrated to another node) and HA...
  19. N

[SOLVED] Ceph unable to find a keyring

Hello all, i just noticed, that one of my Cluster Nodes shows following log every 1-2 minutes: FYI: The Cluster works and Ceph is showing all OK Feb 08 01:18:52 pve-2 pvedaemon[3570]: <root@pam> successful auth for user 'monitoring@pve' Feb 08 01:18:54 pve-2 ceph-crash[2062]...
  20. C

Issues with VZDump on LXC containers

Hey Everyone. First I hope whoever sees this has a good day :) We're having an issue with our PVE cluster (v8.1.2) and backing up LXC containers that are run on a ceph pool It seems that sporadically and without cause, the snapshot stage of our backup job just fails, leaving the container...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!