ovh

1. B

ovh scale server network setup

Hi, I'm completely lost configuring proxmox network interfaces. What I would like to achieve is having a pfsense in front of all the vms. But at the moment I can't even get a single vm (pfsense or ubuntu) to have access to internet. I have been trying to use this configuration :OVH Scale server...
  2. M

How to Resolve Vulnerabilities in IPv6 Cluster without Vrack on OVH?

Good afternoon! I am facing a challenge with a cluster hosted on OVH consisting of 5 servers, each with a public IP. The cluster is working fine with IPv6, but I have identified some vulnerabilities, such as public communication between servers, the absence of a private network, and direct...
  3. J

Basic OVH Scale networking config for static IPs

I recently purchased Scale range of dedicated server with OVH, and am on my second day trying to start networking correctly. Originally I followed guide https://support.us.ovhcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408052730387 fully, but to no avail. Host static IP: H.H.H.H Host Gateway: G.G.G.G Bought...
  4. J

Proxmox VMs are not connected to internet

Hi, I have installed proxmox on OVH, I have created a template where I could do a full clone to create VMs, but the problem is, the VMs are not connected to internet. I will give you the conf, maybe you could help me to resolve this issue. the host conf : In order to create VMs I have created...
  5. G

Proxmox VE on OVH Public Cloud

Are there any experiences, if PROXMOX can be installed on OVH Public Cloud and if it works without ptoblems? Currently I use PVE on a bare metal server @ OVH and thinking to switch to public cloud to avoid the risk of HW Failure
  6. D

OVH: Setup with pfSense at OVH

Hello! I'm quite aware that there may be a few threads that detail similar issues like the ones I am facing, however this seems to be slightly special, especially with OVH's strange networking. The following setup is given: Proxmox VE 8 Host on latest Version with all Updates installed. Said...
  7. B

[SOLVED] Update 7 to 8 issue with cloud-init

Hi, I updated a server from v7 to v8 (for now it's only for tests purpose ;) ). Everything seems to goes OK but when I restart the server, no web GUI :( SSH is ok so I dig and it's nearly the same problem as here : https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/127-0-1-1-problem-start-pve-cluster.100642/...
  8. M

Anyone having Problems with Proxmox Backup Server 2 Template on OVH?

Hi All.. Hope someone can point me in the right direction with this, I can't create a store - the last time installed PBS on a OVH box it worked like a dream but can't remember how the hell I did it. The disk layout I have used (disks) and have also included the Storage (PBS_storage) from...
  9. A

OVH & IPv6 only

Hello, Is it possible to configure guests to have entire IPv6 without packet lost like this? I've GAME-1 with /64 and I'd like to have /128 on guests. I tried with NDP, etc. and it works very randomly. More details about configuration: https://github.com/DanielAdolfsson/ndppd/issues/81
  10. M

ovh ip failover and bridge

Hello, I have installed both Lubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server on Proxmox VMs. However, I don't have internet access on either of them. I followed this tutorial, but I still don't have internet access...
  11. L

[SOLVED] Interfaces name

Hi guys Host: OVH I'm trying to create a VM with 8+ failover ips. The problem is only ens18 to ens23 is being accepted. The network is not starting: Apr 12 19:48:07 Router systemd[1]: Starting Raise network interfaces... Apr 12 19:48:07 Router ifup[762]: Cannot find device "ens24" Apr 12...
  12. L

OVH - Proxmox 7 + ipv4 + ipv6 (NAT)

Hello guys I've been facing problems since always related with configuring all LXC's and VM's with ipv4 + ipv6 in OVH. There are 5+ posts in this forum related with that, but not even a completely working tutorial so the community users can finally configure they're machines in the correct way...
  13. E

I have a issue to upgrade grub on ovh dedicated server

Hi, Can you help me to upgrade grub on ovh dedicated server? My server is on buster with raid 1 soft and zfs. I try to update grub, but I cannot stop my raid 1. I have this error message "mdadm --stop /dev/md4 mdadm: Cannot get exclusive access to /dev/md4 perhaps a running process, mounted...
  14. B

NAT + IPv6 for containers on OVH Host with 1 Public IPv4 + IPv6/64

Hi, I have a Proxmox host running a dedicated server from OVH. They provide both a single public IPv4 address, and a IPv6/64 block. I'd like to route all the IPv4 traffic from containers on my host through NAT, but set a proper public IPv6 for direct access. I've succeeded in getting the IPv4...
  15. C

Problem configuring grub-pc on Ovh raid 1 server

Hi, I'm updating Proxmox 6 using ssh, and it asked the following question. What should I choose using raid 1? Thank you in advance for your help.
  16. M

Can I use vzdump in "OVH rescue mode" using chroot and mounting my partitions?

Hello friends, I'll accompany you another day I'm having some software problems that I already mentioned in another post and I wanted to export the backups to a safer place, but I need to create some new ones, is this possible from OVH's "rescue mode"? I currently get an error when using...
  17. M

After updating the system through CPanel and rebooting my system it loses the connection

Hello everyone, I tried to upgrade all the containers and VMs one by one and then upgrade the head node to a newer version of proxmox 6.4 before making the jump to version 7. After upgrading to a newer version of proxmox 6.4 I ran into a connection problem. The update apparently worked fine...
  18. X

Server recommendation

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is having a great day. I am looking for a server specification recommendation and if possible a provider that offer those specifications. Here's the scenario: I need a server capable of running 25 - 30 Windows VM. Each VM will also need a dedicated public IP (IP...
  19. S

Bond doesn't failover to the other slave (OVH / Proxmox 7.1-12)

Hi all, I've configured the following ethernet bond [bond0], which appears to be working when both [eth0] and [eth1] are online, however, when I take down [eth1], IPv6 stops pinging for the node but not in the VMs. When I put [eth1] back online and take down [eth0], IPv6 is up for the node but...
  20. C

Route subnet over gre + lxc

Hi, guys! I have: Server as router on OVH: a.a.a.a Failover ips on OVH: b.b.b.b/29 Unprotected server (node for VMs/cts) on other ISP (or other OVH server): c.c.c.c I need to create containers on an unprotected server, but so that traffic to the containers themselves or VMs goes through a...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!