debian

1. J

Clearing DNS cache in Debian 11/12 LXC

Hey everyone! So I have a number of LXC in my Proxmox cluster, some of them Debian 11 and some others Debian 12 (templates provided by Proxmox), and I am trying to find a way to clear the local DNS cache as I need to force querying again the internal DNS server despite the TTL of the record. I...
  2. J

SSH Rredirection

Hi, I have a K8S cluser installed on proxmox host. To access VMs created in Proxmox, I obliged to connect to the Proxmox server and then make another SSH connection to the desired VM . This is not very practical in addition to posing obvious security problems. is there a way please to do a...
  3. K

unable to create VM

I try to install Debian with debian-12.4.0-amd64-netinst.iso in pve 8.1.3. The installation failed. When I try to do it again, An error message occurred: Formatting '/mnt/sda1/images/102/vm-102-disk-1.qcow2', fmt=qcow2 cluster_size=65536 extended_l2=off preallocation=metadata...
  4. D

[SOLVED] PVE ISO vs Debian PVE via APT install

I have followed both the standard ISO install (8.0.4) and tried to install another node manually (with custom partitioning) on top of Debian network install with very much nothing else than wget (even skipped system tools in tasksel) and ZFS. The resulting size of the ISO-sourced install (ZFS)...
  5. M

Automatische Installation Proxmox auf Debian mit preseed und Automatische Gitlab Installation

Hi Community, Ich habe mal mir mal die Mühe gemacht und ein bissel gebastelt. Dabei herausgekommen ist ein Git Repository, mit dem man Debian mit einem USB-Stick per preseed Datei automatisch installieren kann und danach per Ansible Proxmox installiert...
  6. L

Schrift hat sich automatisch verändert

War auf dem Debian Server am Arbeiten und plötzlich hat sich die Schrift verändert, als ich wieder aus einer Datei herausging. Nichts wurde angepasst oder verändert. Ich habe keinen Schimmer, wie das passiert ist und wie man dies wieder zurückstellen kann. Ist dies ein Proxmox Problem?
  7. B

Growpart on Debian VM with LVM fails

Hi, so I am building a Debian 12 VM template with cloud-init. I basically have everything working already, except the automatic resizing for the disk. When trying to run sudo growpart /dev/vda 5, it fails because of No space left on device.. Here is the full command output: ciuser@debian:~$...
  8. T

PVE on Laptop - Kernel Won't boot

Hi there, I have to stay offline a while and want to work offline on my LXC Containers. I have a relativlely low end (4 thread) Laptop. I installed Debian on it, as IP Address I chose 127.0.0.1 (I will add a bridge later). I tried to setup it as a part of a dev station and added the sources...
  9. G

Upgrading OS of containers

I have some proxmox containers running Debian 10, on a machine with PVE 6.4. Now I need to upgrade those to Debian 11 and then 12 (because I need certain recent packages). Can I do it with PVE 6.4? I ask because I know containers use the host's kernel, so I am not sure how this works. Or...
  10. M

Create LVM partition on proxmox installed on debian

I have just installed proxmox on top of debian bookworm not because I want a custom partition layout, but because the proxmox ISO wouldn't install of my machine due to driver issues (when booting the ISO, it halted on the loading drivers part). Here is my current partition layout how would...
  11. X

[SOLVED] Proxmox on interserver unidentified network

I installed windows 10 . install most of the driversand now my problem is that it says i really don't know how to fix i read all about the other solutions here on the forum but nothing helped please help
  12. M

Fail to boot Proxmox 8 installed from Debian

I have hit yet another puzzle. If I install upon Debian 12 prepared with encrypted root, what would happen to the encryption after Proxmox formats one of the drives? When I updated from Debian 11, nothing changed, and, of course, I didn't format anything new. But if Proxmox formats a disk, I...
  13. P

Upgrading PVE 7.4 from Debian 11 (Bullseye) to 12 (Bookworm) possible?

Hi there, I am currently running PVE 7.4 (Manager version pve-manager/7.4-13/46c37d9c) with Kernel Linux 6.2.11-2-pve on two boxes, one big and one small, in an advanced homelab type of setup. Everything is running great and smoothly, with lots of VM and some LXC containers. I would like to...
  14. Dunuin

Offtopic: Rootless docker storage driver for Debian 11/12 VM?

Hi, A bit offtopic but I've read several threads here discussing storage drivers when using LXCs and a lot of people here know more about docker than I do, so maybe some can answer me a question. At first I was running a few Debian 10 LXCs with portainer and root docker with fuse-overlayfs...
  15. P

OMV or Debian LXC - Which is best for installing Docker on Proxmox?

I am a proxmox beginner suffering from information overload. I have read of 2 different ways of installing docker on proxmox: 1. Using omv-extras on openmediavault 2. Creating a Debian container and installing Docker on top of it. I already have omv installed in a container, which I believe...
  16. F

Debian Bookworm questions

Hi, I had two questions regarding the upcoming Debian 12 Bookworm release: Is it possible that Bookworm containers crash for some incompatibility with the current Proxmox setup ? I tested upgrading a simple Debian container to Bookworm to see what would happen and it gave some errors. I...
  17. S

How to pass through a GPU on a VM from Proxmox

I've been trying to find a tutorial or something to help me make my Quardo P4000 work on a Debian VM running on Proxmox. It worked fine on a Windows Server VM but I wanted to install Jellyfin on Debian and use it with my Quadro P4000. Can someone please help me make this work? I don't know what...
  18. T

docker-compose: command not found

Why cant run docker-compose with my Container in Proxmox? debian-11-turnkey-core_17.1-1_amd64.tar.gz
  19. D

Debian cloud-init image trunk vlan config with and `qm create --net[n] trunks=x;y`

Hi! First post here. I did a lot of research before asking. I have a single node Proxmox host using a vlan aware bridge. The switches are properly configured. I can install Debian using the ISO and configure a single virtual interface linked to vmbr0 on the host and manage multiple vlan on...
  20. B

Container loosing network connection daily

Hi, using ProxMox now for one year without any issues. From one day to another one of my containers is loosing network connectivity one a day. It's not always loosing the connectivity at the same time. The container runs Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) (Openhabian distro). The container ran...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!