device

1. B

[SOLVED] I think someone is trying to connect to my proxmox

Hello there! (Sorry for my bad english) I am really new to proxmox (and linux in general), I'm not even sure if this is the place I'm supposed to write this. So I installed proxmox a week ago, I plan to set up a NAS and other stuff in the future, but now I only have an Ubuntu VM right now. I...
  2. I

Netapp HBA support

Hi, I'm running a single Proxmox server. It's a HP 380 Gen 9 with the latest BIOS. Now I got my hands on a NetApp shelf, with HBA and QSFP cables to hook it up. HOWEVER. Whenever I try to boot the server with the HBA installed, it goes no further then "initialising RAMdisk" The Server does go...
  3. S

USB Device won't be mounted until VM restarts

Hello everyone; I using the proxmox 7.0-11. I created a VM (Windows 10) on my proxmox, and everything works fine. But I have problems using USB devices on my VM. Every time that I connect a new USB device to my machine (Portable Storage, Flash Drive, Wireless NIC and etc...) It won't be mounted...
  4. C

USB sharing problems

This is my first post on this forum. I have a strange problem with the USB2 device. When it is connected to an ARM Raspberry Pi 4B system it is working without problems. I have a DELL 7010 with an i5-3570S computer, when I'm connecting the device to this computer the DVB-S2 USB tuner is not...
  5. T

VirtIO SCSI vs SATA Bus/Device

All the physical disks are connected to a regular SATA port on the motherboard. Which option to is the best to choose when creating a new VM? Thank you,
  6. J

Help adding storage

Just started tinkering with proxmox to set up a home virtualization server. Im having problems adding another disk to my pve for ISO's and other contents. Proxmox recognizes the drive (/dev/sdb) when I do 'fdisk -l' and shows one partition(/dev/sdb1). I created a directory using 'mkdir...
  7. mattlach

[SOLVED] NIC Upgrade and /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Hey all, I have been running a somewhat complex network setup on my server for some time: 2x Copper Gigabit Ethernet on Server Board 4x Copper Gigabit Ethernet (Intel 4x PRO/1000 NIC) 1x 10GBaseT Intel 82598EB I'm not going to go into the details of what they are used for, as it is not...
  8. C

Ceph OSD failure after host reboot

Hi, I have configured a 3-node Ceph cluster. Each node has 2 RAID controllers, 4 SSDs and 48 HDDs. I used this syntax to create an OSD: pveceph osd create /dev/sdd -bluestore -journal_dev /dev/sdv1 pveceph osd create /dev/sde -bluestore -journal_dev /dev/sdw1 pveceph osd create /dev/sdf...
  9. O

Please Provide Advice For Proxmox Beginner

Hello, I am a beginner in Proxmox and I am learning as I go. Wondering if someone is able and willing to guide me to resolve the following issue: I have only one server and two virtual machine in it, Windows clients. The main file system is ZFS – two 931.51 Gib hard drives. Then I have an LVM...
  10. H

Network Card : VirtIO Bug?

Hello there, I have a small problem with DHCP Server + Client in Virtual Machines using VirtIO network device. dhcpd: 5 bad udp checksum in 5 packets I alread read some other forums and mailing list for this problem and it looks like the VirtIO Network Device is not generating correct...
  11. A

VM bash error: innapropiate ioctl for device

I am getting the following issue in a VM container (openVZ), latest 4.1 proxmox with all updates (from enterprise repo). I attached the screenshot of the issue, over VNC console. -bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Innapropiate ioctl for device -bash: no job control in this shell...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!