usb install

1. M

Hardkernal H2 hardware - installation failed (usb)

Hello all! I have read a lot of good stuff of proxmox and I am willing to give it a try. Hardware from hardkernal is perfect fit for the task. I am using there H2 bird with intel celeron cpu. Specs! Intel® Quad-Core Processor J4105( REV-B+(H2+) J4115 ) up to 2.5Ghz(Single Thread) or...
  2. R

USB install halts at a black screen with 'GRUB'

I am installing proxmox via USB key following the instructions at https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_from_USB_Stick/. The target devices were Dell r710 and Lenevo Thinkpad dd if=proxmox-ve_*.iso of=/dev/XYZ bs=1M After changing BIOS to boot from USB , the USB device is detected but install...
  3. M

[SOLVED] Install Proxmox 5.1 on USB Flash Drive?

Hello Everyone, According to this older thread installing Proxmox on a USB flash drive was discouraged. Is that still the case with Proxmox 5.1? FreeNAS, for example, encourages installing onto a USB flash drive for their ZFS setup. That's why I was wondering if this has changed for the...
  4. C

[SOLVED] Failed Installation From USB

I'm having an issue trying to install both Proxmox 5.0 and 4.4 (testing 4.4 to see if it would work) using a USB drive. Using the dd command (dd if=proxmox... of=/dev/sdX) and I'm not having any luck. Select to boot from USB and I get a gray screen then it boots into the already installed OS on...
  5. J

Proxmox ZFS raid-1 setup using UUID not /sdX

as the subj. says, is it possible to install Proxmox using ZFS raid-1 setup so it would use disk UUID rather than /sdX name? I am playing with different setup right now so I can reconfigure my current server with Proxmox and ZFS. all setups are using Proxmox ISO. it all looks good and all. but...
  6. 2

Erster Homeserver: Passthrough, ZFS, SSD Cache, Partionierung - Hilfe gesucht

Hi zusammen, der Titel verrät es: Ich baue meinen ersten Homeserver zusammen, der vor allem als schneller Fileserver für die Foto- und Videobearbeitung und für eine Ubuntu und Windows VM mit entsprechenden Diensten (Plex, Nextcloud, Docker, Time Machine, etc.) dienen soll. Nun bin ich am...
  7. J

"Video mode not supported" when trying to install Proxmox on an HP Microserver

I have an HP Proliant Gen7 Microserver with 8GB of RAM. I'm trying to install Proxmox from a 8GB USB 2.0 flash drive plugged into the internal USB port. The first time I tried to install Proxmox on it, the installer worked perfectly, but I changed my mind halfway through the installation...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!