openvz

1. P

Migrating KVMs and OpenVZ from Proxmox 3 to Proxmox 8

Hello forumers, I am working on the migration from old Proxmox 3 VE to the newest version. As I know one of the simplest ways to move KVM from old environment is using backup and restore options: In case of containers it should be converted from OpenVZ to LXC because OpenVZ isn't available...
  2. S

Convert OpenVZ to LXC

Hello, I need to migrate VM's from the old node running on SoulsVM with OpenVZ to the new node running on Proxmox 6 with LXC. I checked this: Convert_OpenVZ_to_LXC But restore failed with this error: extracting archive '/var/lib/vz/dump/vzdump-118.tar' Total bytes read: 4794101760 (4.5GiB...
  3. R

Migration OpenVZ to LXC problems

I'm trying to migrate a few ancient openvz containers to LXC. After much trial and error I have finally managed to install a working version of vzdump on the old openvz host and dumped the containers, and was able to import them in Proxmox with the --ostype unmanaged, as the containers are...
  4. M

[SOLVED] Container: from Virtuozzo to Proxmox

Hello. I want to move containers from virtuozzo server to proxmox 6. Here things I done: I stop container and try: vzdump 0d6c6bf8-ce7f-4be6-a5e0-0ae102e8f323 and get error: ERROR: strange VPS ID '0d6c6bf8-ce7f-4be6-a5e0-0ae102e8f323' Hmm.. ok, I found that I can change VPS ID and do that by...
  5. C

Proxmox 3. Network borked. Help Fix!

Help. I have proxmox 3 running on a bare metal machine. The 65GB OpenVZ container cannot reach the internet, DNS serves are configured right, During debian upgrade (not sure), something changed the network config of the containers, possibly the bridge, venet, or vmbr0 ?! Whatever happened...
  6. S

Oldies but goldies...

Remember this from 7 years ago... https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/future-of-virtualization.5756/page-2 I just had to regale my prophetic abilities here and say... I told you so :) Sam
  7. P

[SOLVED] OpenVZ container using public IP with different subnet

I am still using Proxmox 3.4 (3.4-16/40ccc11c) with OpenVZ and venet, in various servers in OVH. And in a new dedicated server, I cant ping my only container. The public IP of the HN is 158.69.241.xxx and for the container 149.56.179.xxx Routing table Destination Gateway Genmask...
  8. E

Vorgehensweise: Umstellung von Wheezy Openvz auf Proxmox 5.x

Hallo zusammen, vorhanden: Debian Wheezy Openvz Rootserver 4 VMs online direkt mit eigener IP erreichbar 1 VM über VPN und interner IP erreichbar (VMs sind schon auf Proxmox VM konvertiert (Testserver) Um ein Update des Systems auf Stretch mit Proxmox durchzuführen, fallen mir ein paar Wege...
  9. K

OpenVZ to LXC container service issue.

Kinda doubting where to put this, but chose this subforum seeing this issue only seems to exist with converted containers. I'm currently looking into building a new Proxmox cluster with Proxmox 5 to replace a proxmox 3 cluster, which will thusly also involve converting a bunch of (mainly Centos...
  10. E

Quota broken in OpenVZ+ZFS (Proxmox 3.4-16/40ccc11c)

Hi all, after many hours spent to understand why quota in OpenVZ in Proxmox 3.4 doens't work anymore, I found that it happens when OpenVZ container stays in a ZFS partition; the problem doesn't occur in EXT4 partition. I hope that you'll fix this issue because I believe that Proxmox 3.4 is the...
  11. M

Stuck in v3.2. Need to upgrade/migrate to shared storage.

I currently have a 2 node cluster and 2 stand proxmox servers. I want to move to clustered shared storage and use HA. We only use containers so I don't OpenVZ has been great in the way we can manage backups and move data from one container to another or accross nodes as all the container...
  12. S

Move Large OpenVZ Container to LXC

Hi all, I have server with Proxmox 3.4 with OpenVZ Containers, the large Containers can be 400GB and even 600GB each. now, I have new server with Proxmox 5.0 and LXC support, now I created backup files for the OpenVZ Containers, but I can't move this file to dump directory since it's limit to...
  13. J

Missed pings to openvz containers

Hello all! I have missed pings from local network to openvz containers. I tested the connection between the local network and proxmox host and are not missed packets. I tested the connection between proxmox and the containers and are not missed packets. But when I ping from local network to...
  14. J

[SOLVED] CentOS 6 OpenVZ to LXC migration issues

Hi all. I'd like to share some issues I faced after migration CentOS 6 containers from OpenVZ (Proxmox VE 3.4) to LXC (Proxmox VE 4.1) using https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Convert_OpenVZ_to_LXC. I had a CentOS 6 CT installed from a standard template. After migrating it to LXC there were two...
  15. L

[SOLVED] KSM in mixed OpenVZ/KVM environment on Proxmox VE 3.4

Hi! I have Proxmox VE 3.4-3 with kernel 2.6.32-37-pve. My server runs several OpenVZ containers together with KVM virtual machines. At the moment cat /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/pages_sharing returns 0 and that's fine because my RAM usage is under 80% and KSM_THRES_COEF=20 in /etc/ksmtuned.conf. My...
  16. C

OPENVZ. Use or not to use disk quotas?

Dear sages, what's the difference in using or not using disk quotas in vz containers?. Many Thanks, greetings from Argentina. (translated by Google)
  17. A

Alpine Linux OpenVZ Template

I have made an Alpine Linux OpenVZ Template that still needs networking to be manually started after bootup. http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Alpine_Linux_Minimal http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/OpenVZ_Console#Alpine_Linux Feedback will be useful.
  18. S

find container against pid !!

Hi, We recently moved to proxmox-4.2 which is under high load & we are seeing some processes causing high usage. If we try to find the container associated to that process PID using vzpid it gives "0" CTID in the output. In older versions, it used to provide accurate CTID but not now. Here is...
  19. J

Strange memory issue in openvz CT

Hi. After upgrading to the latest Proxmox VE 3.4 kernel (I believe it's the source), some of our OpenVZ containers suck out all available CT memory: top - 15:35:07 up 3 days, 13:34, 2 users, load average: 0.07, 0.05, 0.01 Tasks: 58 total, 1 running, 57 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie...
  20. Y

Rsnapshot inside an OpenVZ container

Hello, Rsnapshot can't work inside an openvz container ? I have one vps that perform backup for other vps but inside the daily backup i can see all the old files.. May be a problem with hard link ? -------------------------- proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.4-174 (running kernel: 2.6.32-45-pve)...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!