cpu

1. D

How to differentiate between KVM CPU models and select appropiately?

We've recently discovered the performance improvements for choosing a CPU model which most closely matches our cluster. I want to work out the best way to determine the correct 'lowest' cpu model for the cluster. We have both: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6140 CPU and Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6330N CPU...
  2. Y

CPU Performance issue

Hello, I have multiple Proxmox instances all are running on hp del360 gen8 Today I added 2x RAM and 2x SSD to one of my servers. I haven't yet started to use new hard drvies(level 1 RAID at hardware level). My VMs became too slow. I think my RAM performance is okay but CPU usage jumps to sky...
  3. I

Proxmox VE 8.1.4 - watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#X stuck for Xs

Hello there. Since I connected my nodes to cluster I noticed on some Linux VMs I'm getting this error: I couldn't find any working solution for this. I suppose this has something to do with ZFS as one of my nodes where ZFS is not operating these VMs work without any issues. Do you have any...
  4. G

Как настроить под windows? Низкая скорость cpu и ram. Высокая задержка.

Can you tell me how I should set up proxmox? for a good windows vm to work? Very low performance at the moment, the tests show very strange indicators.
  5. L

Container - CPU Cores on an Intel i5

Hi, My CPU is an 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz. I created a container and selected 8 CPU cores, however, I can only see 25% max on CPU usage. On Proxmox I can see 8xIntel core i5 sockets. Also feels it never surpasses 25% on max CPU usage too. The output of the command...
  6. M

ASAP please, how can i downgrade proxmox 8 to 7

Hello can you guys please help me? When I start vm(debian) and try to install it, my cpu suddenly goes to 105% and my server crash. I am quite new to the proxmox and i don't understand it fully but i tried some things and none of it worked. last thing i wanted to try is to downgrade proxmox 8 to...
  7. K

Intel i9 13900k bad multicore perfomance

Hello there everybody, i am running an Windows 11 VM on my proxmox server (newest BIOS and all settings double checked on the BIOS side). I use a i9 13900k and 64 GB 3200 mhz DDR4 RAM. Somehow no matter what i am doing i get disappoting multicore benchmark results in the Windows 11 VM. I tried...
  8. F

PVE 100%CPU on all kvm while vms are idle at 0-5% cpu

Not sure what is happening, did a quick upgrade and restarted my proxmox nodes. After that i noticed that they randomly spiked to 100% Can see all kvm's are trying to get as much juice as possible for some reason, but when logging to the vms and seeing whats up, they do nothing and dont use any...
  9. C

Bester CPU Typ für Windows VMs in Proxmox

Guten Nachmittag zusammen, ich habe einen Dell T20 mit Xeon 1225 V3 auf diesem ich Proxmox installiert habe. Soweit funktioniert auch alles gut. Mein Hauptverwendungszweck sind virtuelle Maschinen mit Windows 10 und 11. Ich hatte jetzt ein bisschen getestet bezüglich der Einstellungen für die...
  10. C

NUMA questions again

I've read the NUMA wiki here: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/NUMA and the admin guide regarding NUMA here: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#qm_virtual_machines_settings however I still have some questions. * Is NUMA only useful if your PVE *host* has more than 1 physical...
  11. P

Hardware Kaufberatung für GPU Passthrough mit Proxmox 8

Hallo zusammen, Ich stehe grad auf dem Schlauch. Benötige Hilfe bei Anschaffung der Hardware. Im Moment habe ich ein 550W Netzteil, Mainboard: Asrock B460M Pro 4 mit Intel i5 10400 (IGPU) sowie 16GB Kingston DDR4 im Dual Channel und drei SSD Speichermedien. Zwei von Crucial MX 500 (250GB) und...
  12. M

Core, cpu and ram allocation

Hi I am new to proxmox.. Need some help.. I have the following processor Ryzen™ 5 5600G Desktop Processor (6-core/12-thread, 19MB Cache, up to 4.4 GHz max Boost) 16gb 3200ghz ram Already have a 8tb HDD in which windows 11 pro running. I don't want to sidturb this until full set to vm as it...
  13. K

what are the possible ways to allocate specific resources to the users?

Hello! I'm looking for guidance on how to efficiently manage and allocate resources for different users within our Proxmox environment. What are the possible solutions within Proxmox to allocate specific storage, CPU, and RAM resources to individual users, with the goal of limiting their...
  14. E

Problems with upgrade. The CPU reaches critical temperature during boot

Hi, I updated to the latest version of proxmox on the following HW: Supermicro X10DRW-i + 2x 2686v4 + 128GB RAM The problem is the following: Boot freezes as shown. The temperature of the processors reaches the critical level. If I boot without OS, the server remains active for a long time. I...
  15. T

things seem to use "more" cpu after upgrading to proxmox 8

Been running proxmox on various servers for a couple of years now. I recently just tried to upgrade my main server (Dell R320 with Intel E5-2440 0, 96gb) from proxmox 7 to 8, Upgrade when catastrophically wrong but that's not the proble here. However, because of this, I decided to do a...
  16. T

Windows 10 VM randomly rebooting with error BSOD 0x00000113

Hi, I have proxmox Windows 10 VM with GPU passed. I am constantly getting windows crashed with Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error when on gaming (randomly) or during shutdown or like running 2-3 Passmark stress test. My GPU - GTX 1080 MO - X570 AORUS PRO (Latest BIOS) CPU- Ryzen 5900X RAM: 32GB...
  17. T

Proxmox Hang & Needed to reboot after waiting for 1 hour of it not coming back

Hi, I am running proxmox with 2 1080 GPU and storage via NFS for vm disk and os via zfs My details of setup pve-manager/7.4-13/46c37d9c (running kernel: 5.15.74-1-pve) 24 x AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor (1 Socket) 48 GB DDR4 (NON-ECC) + 1TB NVME SAMSUNG SSD 2 x 1080 GPU ZFS for VM OS &...
  18. M

CPU usage in Proxmox

I'm getting CPU data of vm using Resource api link- https://ipport/api2/json/cluster/resources but it is coming in decimal and it not matching with one in proxmox. For example cpu usage is 0.0554961042304042 through resource API link while in proxmox cpu usage is 8.55% at 8.57 pm can you please...
  19. K

Asus P12R-M Motherboard and Intel Xeon E-2336

Hi all, hope you can help - I am considering the following configurtion (hardware) for Proxmox VM/KVM latest server (debian or ubuntu installation) Has anyone tried the config / has found any problems with it? Asus P12R-M Motherboard Intel Xeon E-2336, 6 Core, 2.9GHz, 12MB Cache, 65Watts. 2 x...
  20. T

Custom VM CPU Name

Moin, Ist es möglich, das z.b. in den Windows Taskmanger in einer VM z.b. "Heck-h1-920T" als CPU Name steht? LG Annabell

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!