lvm

1. K

Please, help me understand my disk usage

Hello all, I have a small ITX host with only one SSD in it, for proxmox installation and the VM storage. But I don't understand how my local-lvm is almost full while it should have plenty space left. Here is the physical disk : If I understand correctly, Proxmox create a "root" LV of...
  2. Z

Extending SSD after Cloning

I recently had an SSD fail on writes, and luckily, I could clone it using dd without much issue. Had to run fsck /dev/mapper/pve-root, and all was good. However, the new drive is 500GB; the previous was 120GB. I'm trying to claim that space and not quite following the instructions in another...
  3. M

Error activating LV 'pve/data'

After a restart of my server I get the following error: TASK ERROR: activating LV 'pve/data' failed: Check of pool pve/data failed (status:1). Manual repair required! I tried lvconvert --repair pve/data and got this output: truncating metadata device to 4161600 4k blocks Child 3798 exited...
  4. T

Remove local-lvm and increase local

I wanted to show the steps that I took to accomplish this task. I am a real beginner to Proxmox, and I struggled with the idea of changing the disk partitions using a live disk and GParted, etc. So, I looked for an easier method for me to do this, and I hope this helps someone. I had...
  5. V

Shared Storage with FC-SAN

Hello, I'm trying to get the best storage possible using fiber-channel SAN. With Multipath, I'm able to get the SAN appear as disk on my nodes, and I'm able to create a PV/VG on it. So I have now a Shared storage based on LVM, on my SAN, available on all my nodes. The only issue I get, is...
  6. D

Virtuelle Festplatte für mehrere Container

Hallo zusammen, vielen Dank für die Aufnahme hier im Forum. Ich bin seit einigen Wochen damit beschäftigt, meinen ersten Homeserver mit Proxmox aufzubauen. Nun möchte ich folgendes Design realisieren: Auf bestimmte Daten sollen mehrere Container Zugriff erhalten. Ich möchte die Daten daher...
  7. L

Ubuntu vm wont start when cloned to lvm iscsi shared storage, local storage ok

Hi Got issues when trying to deploy vm's from template to lvm shared storage(iscsi), I'm sure this worked ok some weeks ago. When cloning the same template to local storage theres no problems. This is a 4 node cluster created as POC and so far a no-sub license. Hopefully this could be resolved...
  8. B

Can I and *should* I mirror an existing LVM root partition on an SSD with another SSD?

Background: I have a 'server' running Proxmox that I used for self-hosting a number of low-intensity services mainly for myself. This 'server' is my old repurposed HEDT desktop machine. It is also used for storage, and has raidz2 running across 6 spinning rust disks. The system (root, etc) runs...
  9. M

[SOLVED] Proxmox local-lvm stops when 2 servers in a cluster of 3 dies?

I have 3 servers in the cluster, each server has- 1. 2 HDD hard drive and hardware Raid 1 for local storage and os storage 2. 1 SSD for Ceph use for HA. I have 2 VMs in local-lvm(ext4) and 2 in Ceph storage. My Ceph HA is working fine, it only fails when 2 out of 3 servers die. However I...
  10. J

lvm-thin, lvm or dir?

Hello, I have a Proxmox server with a 64GB SSD for the Proxmox system and a 30TB HDD hardware RAID for all virtual machines, containers, ISO images, etc. What should I use for this 30TB RAID? LVM-Thin, LVM, or Directory?
  11. R

Can I change size of CT Volumes with Proxmox ?

Is it possible from Proxmox to modify the size of a CT Volume knowing that the volume would to took take some space from another. I have three CT Volumes : VM-100-Disk - 2TB VM-101-Disk - 1TB VM-102-Disk - ~1TB My CT n°1 has been mostly retired and now is only used at 5% of its capacity at...
  12. H

When I start my windows and linux vms at the same time I get corruption

Hi!, I am not really sure it's data corruption but it just seems like it. So, I have 2 vms that have separate GPUs assigned to them. When I start both of them, the one vm freezes for a bit and then it starts working again, but after I turn off the pc and boot it up again I get fsck on the screen...
  13. D

lvm in 2 LXC mounten?

Hi, Ich habe einen LXC sambaserver der meine Fotos hostet. Diesen würde ich gerne einem anderen Container immich zugänglich machen. sambaserver besteht aus zwei LVM's, einmal root und dann die Daten/Photos: Da sich samba-shares in einem LXC mounten als nicht wirklich einfach darstellt habe...
  14. C

Anfängerfragen - LVM/ZFS, Template, Balloontreiber, Konsole

Hallo zusammen :) ich bin noch ganz neu in der Proxmox Welt unterwegs und habe ein paar Fragen und würde mich sehr über euren Rat sowie Erfahrungswerte freuen :) 1. Meine Erste Frage dreht sich um den Storage. Macht es für den Heimanwender einen großen Unterschied ob man ZFS oder LVM-Thin...
  15. C

Disk space usage query

Hi all, I'm fairly new here, I've been using Proxmox for a while now and pretty much got it running as I'd like with multiple VMS over 2 nodes. I have one query which I can't seem to get an answer too. When I setup a VM, I may allocate it say, 500GB, it will only actually be using 100GB...
  16. J

[TUTORIAL] Adding Full Disk Encryption to Proxmox

If you want to encrypt your data, the best way is usually to start at the lowest layer possible to get as much data encrypted as possible. If you run all your VMs on top of Proxmox, then adding encryption to all disks in Proxmox is the natural solution, but there doesn't seem to be an official...
  17. S

[SOLVED] local-lvm getting full.

Hi, my local-lvm is almost full and I don't know what to do to fix this. I still don't fully understand what local-lvm is or how it works, compared to "local" (which is cleared with no issues). I tried fstrim on all my VMs and Containers. That only freed about 10 GB out of what's being used -...
  18. A

LVM volume mounts fine after startup, but not before

Hi I recently replaced the USB drive I'm running proxmox from with a much larger one. So I set aside a bit of space on the new one for ISO files by adding a new lvm thin volume inside the main lvm volume. However when i try to mount this during boot it fails. Since everything, including my...
  19. A

Superblock LVM problem container boot

Hi all, New proxmox user here (few months of use, love it) I think I broke something due to my little knowledge of how storage works. I had a container running linux with a docker setup and it was running out of space (vm-101-disk-0) Based on .bash_history this are the commands I used...
  20. R

New to Proxmox - Issues with ZFS & local-lvm

Hello Forum, I have recently started to experiment with VM's and Proxmox. I set up my first node on an old gaming system. I had 3 different drives (1 x 240gb SSD, 1 x 2tb HDD and 1 x 1tb HDD) and I managed to set up multiple VM's perfectly fine). I began to investigate what Proxmox could do...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!