vlan

1. C

How do I create a VLAN in proxmox?

I am attempting to run two proxmox backup servers on two different vlans. My current network is on a 192.168.1.* subnet. I need one of the backup servers to be on the 192.168.100.* subnet, and the second to be on the 192.168.200.* subnet with a vm tag of 100 and 200 respectivly.
  2. A

VLAN (802.1Q) with Proxmox VE, OPNsense (as a VM in Proxmox), and UniFi systems

tl;dr: I want to pipe VLANs around my networks, both the physical and virtual sections, to separate things like IoT out. Some more detail: I have a network consisting of Proxmox VE containers and VMs (one being OPNsense firewall router), and physical network components such as UniFi switches...
  3. P

Only some VLANs work

Hi there I've migrated from VMWare to Proxmox and so far it's been going pretty well. However, when configuring VLANs I've run into an issue with one of my game servers. My server is directly connected to my Fortigate firewall and I've configured the NIC on the fortigate to communicate on...
  4. I

ProxMox, Vlan's and ACL Rules

Background: I am a relative networking novice and what I have learned has been mostly by accident and preceded the advent of useful AI's so is quite cobbled together. I have somehow managed to set up what I believe to be a relatively secure network and am trying to be prudent about how I add...
  5. S

Proxmox nested within ESXI

Hi All, Firstly I will apologize for any rookie questions as I am quite new to Proxmox. I also have a bit of a complicated scenario, namely: I am currently running a number of workloads/VMs under ESXI 7. Given the recent VMWare licensing change I am looking to migrate to Proxmox Since I have a...
  6. A

SDN/vxlan with VLAN aware PFSense

Hello everyone, I'm trying to setup this kind of setup (with more VM, but this is the simplified version) : 2 proxmox servers (px1 and px2) 1 pfsense firewall (fw1) on px1 2 virtual machines (vm11 and vm21) on px1 2 virtual machines (vm12 and vm22) on px2 My contraints are : I want vm11 and...
  7. N

Where VLAN tagging of the Ethernet Frames take place?

Hey, Where does the VLAN tagging of the Ethernet frames take place? When I set the VLAN tag on the VM, the VLAN tagging is performed on the VM's network interface. So outgoing packets from the VM receive the VLAN tag. But what if I use “Linux VLAN”? Or just use SDN? At what level is VLAN...
  8. J

How to scale Proxmox Bridge Groups (1000+)

Dear All We are evaluating Proxmox as a solution coming from VMware however we have 1000 VMs all running on different VLANs using different VDS ports. Adding 100 bridge groups to a Proxmox hosts makes a very long list that is not searchable when binding a virtual nic interface of a VM to a...
  9. ismokemysocks

Creating VMs and CTs brings down LAN and Internet connectivity

Hello, all. I am experiencing some issues with getting Proxmox to behave. First, some key points: I use a Unifi Dream Machine SE. The network is segmented into different VLANs. My desktop PC and my home server reside on the same subnet/VLAN (192.168.2.0). My home server has only one network...
  10. A

[SOLVED] VMs not communicating accross nodes on cluster with SDN VXLAN configuration

Hello. I'm trying to set up a Proxmox cluster and have VM on multiple nodes communicate with each other but it doesn't seem to work (cannot ping across multiple nodes) I tried to follow the example https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvesdn.html#pvesdn_setup_example_vxlan Here is the...
  11. T

Setting VLAN for iSCSI Specific Traffic - Error Encountered

Hey All - Brand new to Proxmox but am familiar with eSXI and perhaps that's what's confusing me. Here's a quick overview of the network: 2 Network Cards - 4 ports. One card is specific to Proxmox and VMs with eno1 and eno2, both configured as a LACP bond with the 192.168.0.0/24 network and...
  12. S

Two physical proxmox servers and interconect all vms

Good evening, I am interested in being able to connect two Proxmox servers to each other and that the VMs of both can be seen no matter where they are. The idea is that they work as if they were connected under the same switch, but the problem is that they are connected P2P. Both nodes are seen...
  13. P

pfSense VLAN Setup - Help!

So i found this online: and wanted to replicate it in order to host my own webservers and stuff. so i spent a VERY long time setting up my pfSense VLANS and then spent very long time figuring out how to get console access to my procurve 2510g (i didnt know i had to press enter twice)...
  14. F

[SOLVED] Multiple VLAN's in Proxmox

Hello. I spended all day for search information about multiple VLAN's on Proxmox, but nothing found. So, what I want. I have router with configured VLAN's. Let name this: VLAN2 - For management. (Web interface Proxmox, ipmi, web interface network devices etc) 10.172.2.x VLAN3 - For...
  15. M

LXC (VPN) unreachable over a different VLAN

I'm not an experienced user, I managed to install, configure and maintain my server thanks to this forum and hundreds of hours of videos on YouTube. Thanks for that! But now there's a wall in front of my knowledge and none of the research I've done in the last few days has helped me... probably...
  16. Z

LXC Container, VLAN und SYN/ACK packages

Hallo allerseits, ich betreibe Proxmox auf einem Mini-PC und OPNsense auf einem weiteren. Beide sind über einen Zyxel managed Switch miteinander verbunden. Es gibt ein Management VLAN5 und 2 weitere (VLAN10 und VLAN20). Auf Proxmox sind 4 VMs konfiguriert. Jeweils 2 in einem der beiden VLANs...
  17. G

Two bonds and two VLANS - no network on VMs

Hi, I've installed Proxmox VE 8 on Dell R740 that is eqipped with 4 NIC (2x1GB and 2x10GB) NIC's are bonded in pairs and I have two VLANs VLAN 39 on bond with two 10GB NIC - Address 10.20.22.0 - planned to be internal network for future proxmox cluster VLAN 91 on bond with two 1GB NIC -...
  18. B

Migrate entire cluster to a new VLAN

Hello Support, I have a cluster made up of two nodes and I would need to migrate the cluster nodes to a new VLAN (changing the IP addressing) How can I do? Do you have a guided/recommended procedure to follow? Is there a service interruption? Thanks
  19. N

[SOLVED] SDN | DHCP Plugin für VLAN Zonen

Hallo zusammen, da ich aktuell eine Netzwerkumstrukturierung plane, würde ich gerne das DHCP Plugin für eine VLAN Zone verwenden. Gibt es einen abschätzbaren Zeitraum in welchem wir eine Implementation des DHCP Plugins für VLAN Zonen erwarten können? Danke im voraus :) VG
  20. S

Networking, battlefield for new newbie

Hello there! I was wondering if someone could possibly assist me with a little something. You see, I'm quite new to promox ve and I have this goal of hosting my very own web server and setting it up as a DMZ. Additionally, I have a few other VM's that I need to run on the machine and I would...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!