passthrough

1. F

USB Passthrough works only 1 time - then crash

Hi, I have several proxmox nodes that are working well. I am using a Wifi USB Stick to temorary passthrough to defined VMs for installing updates over the internet. This concept works also quite well for me. However, lately I took an old Fujitsu Siemens Machine, also with Proxmox to be used...
  2. G

[SOLVED] vGPU Nvidia Tesla "pci device 'xxx' has no available instances of 'xxx'"

Hi zusammen, ich versuche meine Tesla P40 (24GB) an mehrer VM's durchzureichen. Kurzer Status Überblick: VMs: VM1: Windows 11 VM2: Debian Bookworm mdev: nvidia-57 (GRID P40-4A) nvidia-49 (GRID P40-4Q) VM1 hat die GPU als mediated device "nvidia-57". VM2 hat als mediated device...
  3. M

LXC GPU Passthrough xorg

Hy Leute Hab jetzt mehrer Tage damit verbracht meine GPU in LXC zu nutzen. Hab mich etwas an dieser Anleitung orientiert: https://jocke.no/2022/02/23/plex-gpu-transcoding-in-docker-on-lxc-on-proxmox/ NVIDIA Treiber im LXC funktioniert soweit. Transcoding auch. Mein Problem ist aber das ich...
  4. S

GPU Passthrough ends up with PCI_NUM_PINS error

I'm running Proxmox on my server and recently added a AMD Raden RX 5700 XT. It is affected by the vendor-reset bug, but I solved that. I can now reboot the VMs without any errors. The GPU has 1 HDMI and 3 DP Ports. I initally connected it via HDMI to my Monitor, which is connected to a smart...
  5. C

[NEED HELP] Windows 10 VM internal error

I created a new windows 10 VM for the game with a 2060 SUPER in EGPU (Connect in thunderbolt 3) in passthrough, I can update the card drivers, I was able to play minecraft for 20 min but now I have the vm that goes into "Internal error" on proxmox IOMMU groups : in an IOMMU group I have both...
  6. B

USB Connection lost

I have a proxmox container running Fhem (to control my thermostat valves). U used this: https://tteck.github.io/Proxmox/ (Fhem) The container is Privileged and the connected usb device is found (to control the thermostats) When i type in this command, i get the following result: ls -l...
  7. W

Passthrough Hardware Transcoding - Visible but not being utilised

Goal - Have hardware transcoding on a virtual machine using a GTX 1070 TI as the GPU. Achieved so far from following https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/PCI_Passthrough#Enable_the_IOMMU. I have gotten so far to the point now where running nvidia-smi will show me Picture 1 in the VM. I can't get this...
  8. L

HDMI error with Nipogi AD08 - Passthrough with Intel Alder Lake

Hello I’ve proxmox 8.1 and I’m using this device from Nipogi AD08 where I've configured Passthrough with Intel Alder Lake. I want to use exclusively the video card “Alder Lake-P GT1 [UHD Graphics]” as PCI, added into proxmox panel, flagged Primary GPC and PCI-Express (All Functions). Display...
  9. N

[SOLVED] Can't identify two identical nvme drives for PCIe passthrough

I've got two identical NVMe drives (same model, same capacity) in my system. One drive I use for PVE storage. The other I'd like to passthrough to a vm. When I go into the settings of the vm, Idk which drive to select, because Idk which one is which. On the disks overview on the node, the...
  10. Q

Ubuntu Camera Passthrough

Hi, Does anyone knows how to passthrough camera from my Windows through RDP to Ubuntu 22.04, I know that this is not that much related to the ProxMox, but my Ubuntu 22.04 is on the ProxMox 7.4-3, and I saw some comments online that people did it through USB being added to the Ubuntu in the...
  11. B

Adding 6600XT GPU causes VM to run one core at 100% and never boot

I've got a Supermicro X11SPA-TF motherboard with an Intel Xeon 6226R running Proxmox 8.1.1, and I've got a Sapphire 6600XT Nitro+ 8GB in CPU Slot 3 (x16, PCIe 3.0) and an NVIDIA 1660 Ti in CPU Slot 7 (x16, PCIe 3.0). When I assign the NVIDIA card to a VM, it boots and works fine (tested with...
  12. D

Windows 11 VM Doesn't Cleanly Shut Down

Hello all, My Hardware: Proxmox 8.1.3 Motherboard - Asrock Rack Rome8d-2t CPU - Epyc 7F72 RAM - 256GB 3200MHZ ECC GPU - RTX-3080ti - passed through to Windows (tried a 2070 Super and a 2080 Super) OS Drive - Samsung 980 Pro 500GB VM OS Drives - ZFS Mirror 2x960GB Samsung P9A3 Windows VM Game...
  13. C

[SOLVED] GPU passthrough - can see but not use

Been bashing away at this for ~4 weeks so hitting up the forum for help.... Objective: Enable GPUpassthrough on server for use in Blender home render farm. Server; R710 24 core 72 GB RAM 2TB SSD total GPU GT 730 2GB (slim) Proxmox 8.1.3 VM of interest: Info: System has been running VMs fine...
  14. J

How to passthrough physical network net1 to lxc OpenWRT in PVE 8.1?

Question: Pass through net1 to OpenWRT in LXC container. Found a post which claimed after PVE 8.1, there is no need to bind and allow as before: According to Char's Arcade's blog post, the way to pass through net1 to lxc is as below: The PVE I installed is 8.1, so what should I do now...
  15. M

iGPU passthrough with Intel Graphics 530

Hi guys. I just wanted to share with you my last lucky shoot which is fully working iGPU passthrough for KODI on Ubuntu VM. Believe me, that was nearly doomed, but the hope dies last Let's get started! Assumptions - working KODI on my TV connected via HDMI cable to "one and only" Proxmox PC, -...
  16. O

Passthrough nvme - issue?

Hey there, I've got a few questions / issues regarding a nvme ssd passed through in a VM. The server has 2 nvmes - one as LVM storage for VM disks, another (Seagate BarraCuda Q5 ZP10000CV30001) passed in a VM. The VM is Windows 11, installed directly onto that nvme as ovmf Q35 ***without*** an...
  17. O

PCIe Passthrough & IOMMU issues

Hi all, first off, I'm a noob and gradually learning this stuff, so thank you ahead of time for your patience and help with getting me through this Secondly, I promise I've spent days researching the answers myself before creating this thread. I've followed the guides, the official docs and I...
  18. G

GPU passthrough to Windows VM problem

Hi all I'm struggling to get a GPU to passthrough to a Windows VM to be used for video out/light gaming. I believe I've done all the bios/kernel/vm config required - hoping there's enough info here for someone to spot what I've missed. I have a Dell PowerEdge r720 with dual Intel E5-2650 CPUs...
  19. C

[SOLVED] NVME Passthrough - Write Protected

My goal is to have a Virtual Gaming machine running in Proxmox with a dedicated GPU and NVME drive to ensure performance. I understand the limitations and view this as a learning project mostly. I currently have my GPU in my VM with passthrough. It seems to be working just fine and even handles...
  20. C

From Unraid to Proxmox for GPU passthrough?

Hello everybody! I have a DeskMeet B660 with intel i3 13100 CPU, 32GB ram and an RX6600 GPU. Right now I am using unraid and it works for making windows VM and passing through the GPU. My only problem was that I had to turn ON CSM and disable rebar and so on to make it work, so my question is...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!