wiki

1. L

[SOLVED] Unable to install PVE from Debian 12 via official tutorial

Hi, I recently tried to reinstall the whole PVE system. After following the tutorial step by step, I always failed after installing the Proxmox VE kernel. Everytime I did systemctl reboot after that, it always stuck on grub command line. And when I ran linux /boot/vmlinuz-6.5.11-7-pve...
  2. L

[SOLVED] Proxmox 6.4 end of life

Hello, I've noticed that Proxmox 6.X has been considered out of support since 2022-07 as described on the official website here : https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/FAQ#faq-support-table But it also says : So why is Proxmox 6.X in End of Life ? Debian buster will be considered oldstable in June...
  3. T

Is there an offline (zim, ...) for the Proxmox Wiki / Forum and of not is one permitted to create one

Hi, I am often at different locations where not every location has Internet access. So I tought it would be awesome to have an offline version of the Wiki and forum. Since I don't want to wget all together I thought maybe it's possible that the Proxmox Team could make ZIM Files. I guess I am...
  4. T

Wiki has an mistake in Container - disable Apparmor

Hi, I wanted to disable Apparmor on one of my Containers, however the wiki sais to use: lxc.aa_profile = unconfined But the container wouldn't start with this option, I had to use the following to get it to work: lxc.apparmor.profile = unconfined Here's the link to the wiki article (under...
  5. A

Question / Documentation improvement: Location to add Proxmox no-subscription repositories

Hi there, in the Wiki it is recommended that the no-subscription repository be added directly to sources.list, whereas for enterprise, it is recommended to create a .list file in the sources.list.d folder. Is there a particular reason why the community repository should not be added in the...
  6. K

Mediawiki registration

Hello, Please tell me - which is official way to register https://pve.proxmox.com/mediawiki/ account to suggest edits and put new tutorial pages? Dmitry
  7. J

A wikipage made my day suck

This post should originally be me asking for help of how to get out out the fucked up mess this wiki page got me into: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Renaming_a_PVE_node Yes, I wanted to rename a node... Fortunately I managed to do it after a while with troubleshooting. So here is the case. Why...
  8. F

the new member ordeal

Enthusiastic new proxmox use here. My experience in the past two hours, discrete problems in bold... Find some holes in the documentation. I get it. Not a huge deal, plus I see there's a wiki! The two wiki articles I'm depending cover the documentation gap, but are are badly outdated. I figure...
  9. grin

[SOLVED] [cpu::cores] pct in v5 diverges from documentation

In proxmox5 cpu setting have diverged from all the documentation. It seems that cores setting is gone, as well as cpusets, and right now only cpulimit prevailed. First, documentation thinks otherwise. Very probably should be updated. Second, this may be a problem if the programs in the...
  10. D

Registering with the Wiki

How is it done? There is no option to create an account on the wiki (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/) or even to leave a question on a discussion page (like the main page's).
  11. C

where to request wikipedi update?

Hi, i would like to request a wikipedi page update. (I got a note I would like to add) Where can I do that? Browsed the wiki but couldn't see any contact email or anything similar.
  12. B

Request for documentation

Hello, I am asking this in behave of a group of regular proxmox users here in Germany: Proxmox 4 introduced web-configurable PVE firewall. It allows for configuration to be done on datacenter level, on host level and on vm level. We wanted to set up default deny based firewalling and also have...
  13. T

Problem on the Wiki

I was going through the Proxmox documentation and noticed an error on the LVM wiki page. I attempted to create an account through Mediawiki and log into the Proxmox wiki to make the correct change. I have been unsuccessful in logging into the wiki after creating my account. For those who have...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!