proxmox upgrade

1. R

Proxmox ve6to7 Update Error You are trying to remove Proxmox meta package

Hey there while following the documentation one of my server upgraded from ve 6 to 7 smoothly but for another server, i did the same process but in the end its giving me this error of trying to remove the meta package. couldnt find a solution that helps me regarding this. W: (pve-apt-hook) ...
  2. N

From Proxmox 7.4-4 Upgrade to 7.4-13 failed to get now DHCP

Hi, I have some problems with our Proxmox, we got a complex setup but with 3 switch in a stack. and 4 cables on each server with Link-aggregation setup, in previous version we got it working properly but now seems like after then upgrade alle things don't work properly.
  3. B

[SOLVED] Required previous Proxmox VE and apt packages version

Hi All, In early Mar 2023, i updated all my proxmox servers apt packages pve-kernel-5.15.102-1-pve/stable,now 5.15.102-1 amd64 [installed,automatic] proxmox-ve/stable,now 7.3-1 all [installed] pve-manager/stable,now 7.3-6 amd64 [installed] Due to some issues, yesterday, i had to reinstall...
  4. powersupport

Proxmox upgrade error

We are trying to minor upgrade proxmox pve 6.4.4 but getting error as below Starting system upgrade: apt-get dist-upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done The following packages were automatically...
  5. S

[SOLVED] Ceph unresponsive after an upgrade to Proxmox 7 and Ceph Pacific

Hello everyone, We have a proxmox cluster of 4 nodes with Ceph FS installed on all of them. Decided to upgrade all servers one-by-one to Proxmox 7 as well as Ceph Pacific. After upgrading the second one, Ceph became unresponsive (all ceph related commands get timed out on all nodes also not...
  6. R

Proxmox VE Upgrade from Web GUI

I am trying to upgrade the Web GUI and I have the following error. What can I do to avoid damaging something? " ... 55 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/109 MB of archives. After this operation, 75.2 MB of additional disk space will be used. Do you...
  7. A

About Proxmox 5.4-15 full-upgrade

I see a notification Support for Proxmox VE 5.4 ends on 31.07.2020 but I hesitate to do it because I have clustered several nodes at once using ceph storage. How do I do full upgrade on my Proxmox node? whether one by one node? or can be done simultaneously? and what about my VM's security? is...
  8. ssaman

Update instruction for Proxmox/Ceph 4.4(jewel) to 5.x (luminous)

Hello Proxmox Support, we want to safe upgrade our system to the newest version. The challenge ist to upgrade 5 nodes at once with the smallest downtime. We are afraid that something may go wrong. we have over 30 Server that are all running. we also read that there is a new (blue)storage. So...
  9. I

Wechsel von Proxmox 3 zu Proxmox 5 - PROBLEM

Hallo, ich denke nun wird es Zeit zu wechseln, ABER ich dachte nicht daß es SO SCHWER sein würde !!! Mit Proxmox3 funktioniert, seit gut 10 Jahren, alles einwandfrei, mit V5 komme ich gar nicht zurecht !!!?? WAS MACHE ICH FALSCH ??!!! Ich habe bisher nicht mal einen CT geschaft mit dem Netzwerk...
  10. N

Proxmox upgrade causes Kernel panic

We were trying to upgrade Proxmox to the latest version 4.4 from the version 4.2. During the upgrade, suddenly two nodes went down and now they don't boot. We encounter the following error Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0) What could be the problem...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!