scsi

1. bbgeek17

[TUTORIAL] Storage Controller Efficiency Data for Bandwidth-Constrained Workloads on Shared iSCSI Storage

Greetings everyone, Good news! We've managed to carve out some time to compile the latest data set for our ongoing exploration of Windows 2022 server on Proxmox. Part 3: Computational Efficiency of Storage Controller Configurations under Constrained Bandwidth Workloads Expanding upon the...
  2. S

Converted from Hyperv wont start

Hi I have convert Windows 11 from HyperV to ProxMox. Windows wont start. What is wrong ? I have: SCSI Controller: VirtIO SCSI Single Disk: SCSI Disk Format: RAW please help Sokoban3
  3. S

VirtIO Block Disk zu SCSI Disk Konvertieren?

Moin zusammen, ich habe aktuell folgendes Problem: ich hatte vor einiger Zeit eine VM erstellt mit einer VirtIO Block Disk, ich möchte nun SSD Emulation aktivieren und dementsprechend die Disk auf SCSI ändern. Doch die VM Startet dann nicht mehr, ich lande im Windows Boot Manager und soll die...
  4. H

Default setting of SCSI controller is now VirtIO SCSI-Single

I saw in the release notes of PVE 7.3 that the default setting for new VMs now provides that IO threads is enabled and thus VirtIO SCSI-Single is selected as controller instead of VirtIO SCSI before. I have three questions about this: a) What is the advantage or reason for changing the default...
  5. P

No such logical volume pve/vm-998-disk-2 at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/LvmThinPlugin.pm line 219.

Hi Everyone, I created a VM1 with two scsi hard disks (scsi0 and scsi1). It crashed for some reason then I created another vm2 and assigned the vm1-scsi1 disk to vm 2. After that I was able to access all the data present in vm1-scsi1 through vm2. But then I deleted the VM1 and now when I try to...
  6. J

Tape job failing with SCSI transport error

Hello! We are running into an issue when trying to run a Tape backup job of about 9.5TB to our tape library and it fails shortly after starting with the following error: TASK ERROR: write chunk failed - write failed - scsi command failed: transport error Other smaller jobs (~400GB) have...
  7. H

How to do a SCSI passthrough

Hi, In Unraid, SCSI passthrough for an internal BluRay drive is possible (see https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/bluray-guest-os-support.45930). I have tested this myself. My drive is passed to my VM (Windows10) with its correct SERIAL_ID and works without problems even with programmes like...
  8. R

[SOLVED] How to add a virtual disk to VM via command line qm set?

Hi, maybe a very simple question but reading https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/qm.1.html I didn't understand how to use the qm set command for adding a second virtual disk to an existing VM. What I'm looking for is the equivalent to VM Management -> Add -> Hard Disk -> (default settings: SCSI...
  9. B

VM and maximum number of block devices

Hello. unfortunately I can't find information about the maximum number of block devices that can be configured for a virtual machine in PROXMOX 7.x. So, what is the maximum amount of block devices - mainly SCSI that can be added to a virtual machine? Best Daniel
  10. B

Is it possible to pass through a SATA DVD drive connected over a USB interface?

I have an ASUS BR/DVD/CD reader/writer which I'd like to pass to a Windows 10 guest for use with Exact Audio Copy. However, the drive is connected using a SATA to USB adaptor. So at first, I tried passing through the USB, but it would only let me read files with Windows Explorer, EAC didn't read...
  11. K

[SOLVED] Help with LSI Card

Hey everyone, Been running Proxmox for a little bit now and have a ZFS pool with 10 hard drives in it. My old LSI card died and I replaced it with an LSI 9206-16e and something strange is going on. When I reboot the server I get an error stating "Allocation Failure during SCSI Scanning". The...
  12. F

Emulex HBA Fiber Channel Tape Drive Issue

Hi! My problem is that i don't get my Tape Drives & Library show up under Proxmox over Fiber Channel. Under Windows i installed OCManager from Emulex and everything showed up in Device Manager, easy, but under Linux i don't know. My HBA(emulex lpe11002) is recognized and show up...
  13. S

[SOLVED] Mehrere virtuelle SCSI-Controller

Hallo alle miteinander, Ich bin relativ neu in Proxmox und habe jetzt ein Problem. Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir dabei helfen. ich habe nun schon einige virtuelle Hyper-V VMs erfolgreich auf ProxMox migrieren. Sowohl Windows als auch Linux VMs, diese waren alle Standard Gen2 VMs ohne spezielle...
  14. Y

Is it possible to manually edit PVE->Disks->SMART settings

I am hit by this problem: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3270 The disks are detected as `/dev/sd*` however SMART works through `/dev/sg*` Is there a way to tell proxmox to use `/dev/sg*` even by manually setting the mapping between devices?
  15. A

NTFS passthrough vm ubuntu - slow speeds

Hello, hope everyone is having a good day! Running Proxmox 6.3-3 As of now successfully passthrough 2 of my ntfs formatted physical drives to ubuntu vm using scsi virtio. From there in ubuntu vm got smb network share working. My clients are only getting 40-50MB write/read speeds. I've read...
  16. S

Problems accessing a SCSI Tape in a container

Hello, my intention is to use a HP Ultrium tape in a Ubuntu 18.04 container, running on a Proxmox VE 6.0.4. During the boot process the system recognizes the scsi controller and the tape, here is the output of dmesg: [ 3.680072] scsi target5:0:3: asynchronous [ 3.680720] scsi 5:0:3:0...
  17. T

VirtIO SCSI vs SATA Bus/Device

All the physical disks are connected to a regular SATA port on the motherboard. Which option to is the best to choose when creating a new VM? Thank you,
  18. T

[SOLVED] Virtalisieren eines Dell Windows Servers

Hallo zusammen, ich habe vor einen Windows Small Buissines Server zur virtuallisieren. Selbiger läuft auf einem echten Blech, als genauer ein Dell Server. Im Gerätemanager werden die Laufwerke so angezeigt: Meine Frage: Kann man den Server via...
  19. W

VM not loading drive

I've created a new VM with SCSI controller drive as know SCSI is faster and better then IDE and SATA and selected the 2nd drive attached the server /dev/sdb instead of /dev/sda then loaded the server to install Windows server 2016 however on initial setup the windows can't locate and load the...
  20. DerDanilo

SSD/NVME passthrough, support ssd/flash flag, rotation_rate=1/0

It should be possible to set a virtual disk drive to be backed by an SSD/Flash device. Virtio SCSI with SCSI, VirtIO and SATA drives should support this. Virtual box supports this since 2014, when can we expect this to happen in PVE? According to the upstream sources this should be possible...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!