intel

1. C

DMAR: IOMMU enabled / Error: cannot prepare PCI pass-through, IOMMU not present

Hi, i am trying to understund why the system behave this way to find out where the issue lays, system specifications and and steps taken in attempt to fix it bellow: CPU: G4400T / I5 6500 (tried both) RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Motherboard: ASRock H110M-DGS R3.0 (BIOS: P7.4) NetworkPVE: RTL8111 GbE...
  2. R

No IOMMU detected in a IOMMU-capable system

Hello I have installed Proxmox VE on an HP EliteDesk 800 G3 CPU: Intel i5-6500 65W Chipset: Intel Q270 As per intel specs (available at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/88184/intel-core-i56500-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz/specifications.html ) the CPU supports all this...
  3. V

AMD SEV and Intel SGX in Proxmox?

Hello! I have a requirement to offer a few more secure VMs, where infrastructure managers/technicians can't get access to them via Proxmox and what I see is that AMD SEV and Intel SGX seems to be the right way to go. What do I need to think about when I buy hardware when it comes to CPU...
  4. T

NETDEV WATCHDOG: enp4s0 (igc): transmit queue 0 timed out [Intel I226-V]

Following closely on from Another kernel BUG at lib/dynamic_queue_limits.c:27!, which was recently resolved, this closely related issue remains. This issue has no outwardly noticeable symptoms, but NETDEV WATCHDOG: enp4s0 (igc): transmit queue 0 timed out is regularly being logged in PVE's...
  5. R

NUC12WSKi3 for proxmox

Hey, I need a bit of advice here for my home server. Currently I'm running Proxmox on a 2014 PC with a Intel Pentium G3240 on a Asrock B85M PRO4 mainboard. This does the job fine, but I want something new. Also, the hardware is almost 10 years old now, so it's time for something new. I found the...
  6. V

[SOLVED] Intel D3-S4520/S4510 vs consumer SSD's like the WD SA500 MX500 Samsung 870 EVO for ZFS VM drives

Hi guys, So with SSD prices at an al time low. I am planning to upgrade my Proxmox server so I can build more VM's and learn more about databases and monitoring. Current setup: 2x Kingston SA400 120GB ZFS Mirror just for Proxmox. No VM's, LXC etc. 2x Samsung 850 evo 500 GB ZFS mirror for...
  7. M

Upgraded CPU, Windows 11 VM starts into repair when using "host"

Went from an i5 10500 to an i5 13400. New motherboard and RAM as well. Virtualization activated from the bios. Proxmox boots fine. However, my Windows 11 VM is seen as running by Proxmox but Windows fails to start, and I end up in the repair page every time. The VM boots fine when I choose...
  8. G

Proxmox VE 7.4 - Intel i3-10100, nVidia GT 1030 - How to use both gpus?

Good Day! Excite bike! My rig is finally all put together and ready to go. Hardware Configuration: Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard Intel Core i3-10100 CPU nVidia GT 1030 GPU Here is the plan (well, the bits that pertain to my question): - Proxmox HV - - VM or container (TBD depending on which...
  9. yboujraf

hp dl360 - proxmox 8 installation failed using iso

Dear all, I am trying to install the latest version of proxmox (iso image) on my hp dl360 using xeon intel 2x cpu. As soon I am selection graphical or cli installation, the screen switch to black with wrong resolution. Thanks if you could highlight my path. Best Regards
  10. G

Detected Hardware Unit Hang

Hello, After a fresh install, Proxmox is loosing his connectivity and showing this on console: If hit the return key it ask me to login so the host is not frozen. The NIC is an Intel one. The issue wasn't happening before in previous versions of Proxmox VE. Thanks, Guillaume
  11. T

Unable to forward Onboard NIC to OPNSense

Hello there! I just started using Proxmox VE 7.4 (6.2) as of last week with a Lenovo ThinkCentre M900 Tiny I got off Amazon Renewed, mainly for the purpose of running it as an OPNSense router and as a host for Home Assistant OS, plus a few Docker containers. So far, I've been able to install...
  12. N

[SOLVED] Change vendor_id into /proc/cpuinfo for VM

Hello. I created post on reddit, but... I have some application, it binds license to cpu and other parametrs of PC. Recently I added new server to Proxmox cluster with AMD Epyc cpu. Other hosts have Intel cpus. Now, when VM migrate from AMD to Intel, after reboot VM it loses app license. I...
  13. P

i9 13900k & Performance Cores nur 3GHz in VM

Hallo zusammen, ich habe einen 13900k im Einsatz und aktuell das Problem, dass ich die Geschwindigkeit der Performance Cores nicht erreiche. Auf dem PVE Host passt das mit den Geschwindigkeiten & das sieht da wie folgt aus: PVE Host Infos: PVE Version: 7.3-4 Kernel Version: 6.1.0-1-pve Wenn...
  14. X

Proxmox friert nach 4 Tagen uptime ein

Guten Morgen, Proxmox 7.3 läuft auf einen Intel NUC8BEB, leider friert der mini PC nach einer uptime von genau 4 Tagen nachts um 2:00uhr ein. (HDD LED und LAN ist aus, nur Power LED ist an) Leider zeigt die Log (jedenfalls mir) nichts an. Den PC habe ich im Dezember 2022 eingerichtet und seit...
  15. P

i9 13900k Performance Cores (p-cores) fest einer VM zuweisen

Hallo zusammen, ich möchte gerne die 8 Performance Cores vom 13900k einer VM fest zuweisen. Ich würde das ganze mit taskset umsetzen. (https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/cpu-pinning.67805/) Das Problem was ich jetzt habe, woher weiß ich welche der Kerne die Performance Cores sind? Soweit ich...
  16. E

Intel i7 1165G7 passthrough GPU to LXC not working (solved)

Proxmox Virtual Environment 7.2-3 CPU: 1165G7 passthrough GPU to LXC in linux not working i7-1165G7 https://ark.intel.com/content/www/es/es/ark/products/208662/intel-core-i71165g7-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz.html First question: Should the GPU passthrough work to LXC at all? I...
  17. N

CPU frequency

Hi I dont understand how work turbo bust in Proxmox. I installed windows on my i5 10400 and had all 6 cores on 4Ggz Now I have proxmox and there 2.7Ggz on all cores. I tried tuned-adm profile throughput-performance and cpupower frequency-set -g performance but cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep "cpu MH"...
  18. R

Doubt about i5 12400 and transcoding

Good to all, I am new to this forum and also using proxmox, in a few weeks or 1 month I will buy a new pc that I will use it as a server to install proxmox, I plan to host services like pihole, openvpn, jellyfin and more .... The hardware I'm going to buy is an intel i5 12400 with iGPU UHD 730...
  19. D

One and only Intel iGPU passthrough to Windows VM with HDMI/Displayport output

Hello! I have a mini PC (Zotac ZBOX CI642 nano) with a 10th gen Intel Core i5-10210U processor and integrated Intel UHD Graphics. I would like to use this machine as a HomeAssisstant server, a NAS, etc... and running and using Windows virtual machine for work and home usage. I use a 4K monitor...
  20. T

Intel iGPU passthrough problems

I am running into a problem where I am trying to pass the Intel IGD to any virtual machine (Windows, macOS, Ubuntu) , but vfio runs into FLR problems where the IGPU appears unresponsive. As of right now, I've tried to make it work on Proxmox VE 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2, but to no avail. I am running...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!