nfs

1. L

Issue with qemu-ga/fsfreeze and NFSD running in Guest

Hi, I have a reproduceable Issue with the qemu-guest-agent and the NFS server running inside a guest VM. Each night, when snapshot backups are run, and thus fsfreeze is issues to the Guest VM, I have a nasty Kernel debug stuff in my logs: Mar 26 01:30:00 publikore-data qemu-ga: info...
  2. C

PBS backing up to NFS--backing up the NFS VM

So I have configured my PBS datastore to use an NFS mount. It took a while but, after disabling ALL NFS caching functions from NFS client on the PBS to get around ESTSALE errors, I was finally able to get back ups working. I have successful VM backups on both of my nodes. However, my dilemma...
  3. T

How to block port nfs from one pve ?

Hi, I'm new, but I thoroughly go through dozens and dozens of threads already on the proxmox forum. I know I know it is a subject which has been asked before many times but without a very good answer. 1/So I've tried to block the 111 and the 2049 ports on each of my node on the pve part of...
  4. S

Central storage for mixed workload VMs: NFS?

We currently plan on implementing a new small-scale cluster for mixed VM workloads. The goal is to be able to add compute nodes as needed while maintaining a central ("shared") storage for all VM images. That being said, we want to build some sort if small VDI infrastructure with the ability to...
  5. D

Proxmox VE, PBS and NFS storage

I am planning a medium sized cluster. The VMs will all be stored on NFS storage. The backup files themselves will be stored on dedicated local storage. When PBS backs up a VM stored on NFS storage, does it back up the NFS storage for that VM? Just checking. Thanks. Dave
  6. M

ZFS Filer als VM Store sinnvoll?

Hi Hatte bislang einen ESXi mit einem ZFS Filer für die VM's, welche per NFS zurück an den Host gegeben wurden. War vorteilhaft, dass man VMs komfortabel direkt am Storage rum kopieren konnte. Da ist z.Z. noch napp-it im Einsatz. Erst versuchte ich, eine .ova für ESXi auf Proxmox zum laufen zu...
  7. L

If NFS is not available cant start Container

Hi, I have 2 containers one privileged and another unprivileged both have the same configuration on /etc/fstab They both start if the NFS storage is available. However, when NFS storage is not available, the unprivileged container fails to start and the privileged starts but never connects to...
  8. H

Storage problem

Dear, hello everyone. I have a storage server with truenas, on the other hand I have other servers with proxmox. What I need is for the disks of both the containers and the virtual machines to be stored on the NAS server. But what happens, if the share is nfs I can create containers and not run...
  9. M

Lessons learned about using NFS shared storage in a ProxMox environment (w/ Synology?)

It's possible some of the following is specific to my environment... but having read a ton of threads to solve my issues, I suspect these are more general insights gained. NFS has had serious reliability problems when it comes to rebuilding broken links... until version 4.1 Before that...
  10. A

NFS not showing dimension

I've add my NFS (basaed on OpenZFS) to my PVE and works fine. If I do a df -h i see correct dimension (available and used space) but from UI I see on tree CIFS partition is on same system and I can see dimension.
  11. E

Storage confusion

Hi all, I've been wrangling with how to setup storage on my two node cluster for a while. The main node has two 4tb SSD drives (currently btrfs raid1) that I can't pass through to a VM since they are on the same bus as one of the tow 1tb SSDs (btrfs raid1) used for Proxmox. Secondary node has a...
  12. M

Replicate current setup in Proxmox

Our current backup writes to an NFS share on an isolated storage network. We want to configure PBS to do the same thing. Is there a way to funnel traffic down a particular pipe? Is there any other potential issues with this?
  13. C

Network-related kernel panics in FreeBSD guest after PVE 8 upgrade

I have a PVE setup with a TrueNAS (FreeBSD-based) file server as a KVM guest. It is configured with a separate network interface (virtio) used for an NFS share between it and the Proxmox host, as well as one for the local network. This provides storage for some other containers and as a backup...
  14. I

[SOLVED] group rights for using iso

hi all, i have a group since older versions for users. since v8 group rights are different/new. i have mount a nfs storage with iso´s, how can i add rights to my user group, thats users can only use iso´s, but don´t can remove and edit it and don´t show others on this storage? my user-group is...
  15. B

[SOLVED] FIX the ISSUE NFS mout disk questions

Hello team, The NFS volume has been mounted on PBS 3.1-2. The NFS volume is on TrueNAS. Now, I run backup job and I can see there is backup data under /dump directory on TrueNAS NFS volume, but I don't see hostname in the "Content" tab. Also, the datasize of NFS voume is incorrect. The...
  16. J

Move the NFS that I created on my first disk and move it to my second disk.

Hello, I have two disks on my NUK and I would like to move the NFS that I have on one disk to my other disk in order to free up space. Is there a solution?
  17. G

Proxmox LXC, Docker, NFS, and the beast.

Howdy! I'm sure what I'd like to do is possible, however I'm not having any luck so far. I have a Debian 11 based unprivileged LXC, pretty much everything works fine. Many of my Docker configs however, I'd like to offload to an NFS share. I'd followed this guide...
  18. J

CT on NFS backup freezes and does not start again

I have 3 nodes and all CTs are running of NFS server and backing up (using STOP mode) to another NFS server all over 10Gb link. Everything is running without problem but every lets say 14 days one node during backup of CT freezes, and until I manually stop it it shows just: INFO: starting new...
  19. M

Connecting Azure FileShare in a Proxmox Ubuntu VM

I am having an issue for mounting the NFS fileshare on proxmox ubuntu vm, the local network gateway and vnet gateway between local and azure have been setup. Azure VM successfully mount the nfs, and the ubuntu vm also good to ssh to a private ip Azure VM, so seems the network should be fine...
  20. J

HA disponible sur l'ensemble des noeud

Bonjour à tous. J'ai essayé de trouver un moyen d'implémenter la HA (haute disponibilité) sur tous les nœuds, mais je n'ai pas trouvé comment le faire, sauf sur NFS où j'ai réussi. Cependant, le problème est que lorsque j'éteins ce serveur NFS, mes machines qui dépendent de NFS sont...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!