installation

1. M

Auf Installation Disks das Filesystem ändern BTRFS nach ZFS

Hallo Zusammen, ich habe das Ganze schonmal ganz kurz in einem anderen Beitrag im Forum angesprochen bei @LnxBil (vielleicht meldet er sich ja auch nochmal :)) aber da es dort thematisch nicht reinpasst mach ich jetzt mal ein eigenes Thema dafür auf. Es geht um folgendes, ich habe meine Proxmox...
  2. J

Black screen @ installation

Hi everyone. I've seen, that some years and versions ago there have already been issues with the installation (version 6.x) on some servers like the one I'm facing today, but as there have been later major releases, I chose to start a new thread, hoping this is ok. On my DELL T140 I've tried to...
  3. S

Boot Probleme mit H220 HBA Karte

Ich habe einen DL380p Gen8 HP Server mit einer H220 HBA Karte verbaut, da ich meine Festplatten direkt ins Betriebssystem durchreichen möchte. Das installieren von Proxmox im zfs RAID 1 funktioniert ohne Probleme. Es werden auch alle Festplatten erkannt, jedoch wenn ich den Server anschließend...
  4. L

Fixing wlan0 Interface doesn't support scanning.

After Proxmox Virtual Environment 8.1.3+pve1 installation on Raspberry Pi5 you may face the wlan0 wifi interface missing. It's really frustrating!:eek: Here I will describe the way to quickly fix this issue. Validated on "Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)" with Raspberry Pi5. After Proxmox...
  5. E

Install Proxmox on HUNSN RJ46 - Micro Firewall Appliance

Hello Community, I have just installed Proxmox 8.1 on a HUNSN RJ46 - Micro Firewall Appliance. The installation was a bit difficult as it always stuck at boot after installing the Proxmox kernel. So I thought I would write some information here for others and the community. Basically I...
  6. L

Nur schwer lesbarer blauer Bildschirm bei Installation

Hallo zusammen! Ich versuche mich gerade zum ersten Mal an Proxmox. Mir ist ein alter Server (2x Xeon E5540, 6GB RAM, zusammengewürfelte Festplatten) in die Hände gefallen, und mit dem wollte ich als Heimserver rumbasteln. Ich habe nen USB-Stick mit Etcher mit der neuesten PVE iso beschrieben...
  7. M

[SOLVED] Proxmox local-lvm stops when 2 servers in a cluster of 3 dies?

I have 3 servers in the cluster, each server has- 1. 2 HDD hard drive and hardware Raid 1 for local storage and os storage 2. 1 SSD for Ceph use for HA. I have 2 VMs in local-lvm(ext4) and 2 in Ceph storage. My Ceph HA is working fine, it only fails when 2 out of 3 servers die. However I...
  8. M

Proxmox dies when i try to install win11

Guys, please help me. When I try to install windows11 on my proxmox which is on virtualbox, I wait couple minutes when it says installing some components and when the installation is done my vm freezes and server crash. I tried bunch of different iso images but none of them work correctly. Does...
  9. N

[SOLVED] Proxmox 8.0.2 Installation Issues

Hi, this is my first time here. I am trying to install Proxmox 8.0 (proxmox-ve_8.0-2.iso) and I have issues. I have verified the GPG signature and checksums before flashing the USB drive. 1. My LCD monitor displays an error message about input timing as soon as I start the installation. I...
  10. Y

Performance Testing

Greetings my friends. I wish you a good ending of the week. I have this particular question on my mind it's been a while now. On my laptop, I run a Python code that takes about 30 seconds to compile and run. My objective is to run the same code on a cluster of 3 nodes and determine how much...
  11. J

Proxmox VE install without secure boot

Hey guys , I was trying to install proxmoxve on my old macbook pro 2010 (ig) but proxmox requires secure boot . and since this is a macbook you cant enable secure boot Pls help me guys see ya !
  12. E

[SOLVED] No hard disk found

Hi, I'm trying to install Proxmox VE 8.0-2 on an old laptop (Dell XPS 15 9560). I can start the installation but then I get a "No hard disk found" error. I know there is no issue with the hard disk as I just booted Windows 10 from it. So the hdd works just fine, but maybe the fact that Windows...
  13. H

Installation nicht möglich: Unable to create data thin-pool

Moin, Ich möchte Proxmox 8.0 installieren und habe mir dafür die ISO auf der Website runtergeladen und einen Boot-Stick mithilfe von Rufus kreiert. Nachdem ich mich durch die Einstellungen geklickt habe, startet die Installation und endet sehr zeitnah mit der Meldung: “Unable to create data...
  14. G

[SOLVED] Cannot access web gui on promox 8, or even access promox thru SSH

Hello I'm new to proxmox, I had installed and could not access the web gui, when trying to fix it could not update, when pinging google got name resolution, but when pinging 1.1.1.1 got results. I also discover that I don't have these files /etc/pve/dhcpd.conf, /etc/dnsmasq.conf...
  15. A

In-Place Upgrading Stand-Alone ProxmoxVE from ISO/CD-ROM

Hello all, I saw this post back when it was version 4.x (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_a_4.x_Installation_using_a_newer_ISO_image) and I followed the steps but in the end I get the CDROM cannot be used in apt-get, to instead use apt-cdrom (which I used previously in the steps). I'm...
  16. P

Local network and public for VM/CTS

Hello, We have a Proxmox server setup in our datacenter with a local network configured for the host (Proxmox GUI) and we have a second VMBR setup named VMBR1 with a Linux BOND for failover to access our public IPS. Now I was wondering, how could we prevent that our CT/VMS can ping our local...
  17. V

Installation GUI startet nicht - Fatal Server Error

Guten Morgen zusammen, ich bin Neu im Forum und absoluter Linux Anfänger. Jetzt habe ich mich von den Videos von "SemperVideo" inspirieren lassen, einen Server mit Proxmox auf zu setzen. Dafür habe ich mir einen Mini-PC von MinisForum geholt. Den UM690, mir einer AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX CPU und...
  18. F

Troublesome installation in Asus Prime X670e-pro // Ryzen 7950x

Hello everyone! I make a premise: it's the first time I've approached Proxmox. I can't get to the installation screen - after clicking "install Proxmox VE 7.4" I get an error and I'm not able to launch the graphical screen to proceed with the actual installation. SPECIFICATIONS: Asus Prime...
  19. I

[SOLVED] Fresh Install of PVE 7.4 - Destination Host Unreachable, no Internet connection

Hi there! Background: I'm very new to all of this (e.g. not familiar with networking or coding, primary environments are Mac/Android, etc), but excited to take the dive. I've accepted that the only way I'll actually fix my problem is by posting my issues, not trying to follow another's...
  20. M

iso has no os cannot boot

I'm having difficulty with the iso installer having gflashed to usb it isn't eve recognised as a bottle drive I'v tried several sick and have used both etcher on a Mac and dusimage writes in linux I've also tried too boot an iso in parallels on my ma and again it isn'y recognised as having a...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!