ceph

1. R

Smartctl Offline_Uncorrectable in SSD

Hello ! I am receiving a lot of email about Offline_Uncorrectable in my SSD, in different servers and multiple devices. The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon: Device: /dev/sdc [SAT], 16 Offline uncorrectable sectors Device info: HFS1T9G32FEH-BA10A...
  2. S

Ceph - 1 subtrees have committed pool target_size_bytes

Hello everyone We have gotten this failure on our 3 nodes cluster and I really don't know how to solve it. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance
  3. I

Ceph configuration - best practices

Long story short... not possible. I'm planning to install and use ceph and HA in my working cluster enviroment. I have 4 nodes with 256GB RAM each and 2x10G NICs dedicated for ceph cluster network traffic. I already know this may be not enough for perfect performance so I'm planning to swap NICs...
  4. D

Command Line - Create a disk on Ceph storage

I need to create a new VM (250+ actually) that uses Ceph storage. To create a disk on non-Ceph storage: echo "----- Creating the disk -----" qemu-img create -f qcow2 $DISK $STORAGE_SIZE How do I create a disk on Ceph storage?
  5. B

[SOLVED] Import KVM Snapshots to Proxmox

Hello, I'm excited to share that I've successfully migrated and imported two virtual machines from an existing KVM ovirt environment to a new hyperconverged Proxmox setup, utilizing an external Ceph cluster, which also operates as a KVM environment. Leveraging the Proxmox migration guidelines...
  6. B

[SOLVED] Thin Provisioning in a Ceph Cluster managed by Proxmox

Hello, I have a system landscape where I have set up a ProxmoxVE instance and an external Ceph cluster in Quorum 3. From there, I migrated two VMs, along with their disks, from an already existing oVirt KVM landscape to ProxmoxVE for testing purposes, using the CLI utilities provided by...
  7. C

Cephs not working and rbd locked problem

Hello! We have recently installed a PVE cluster with three nodes and want to use Cephs. The hosts are (almost) identical. Host 3 has a different network interface. We have a public network channel and an exclusive cluster network channel for Ceph. Each host has four discs for OSDs. Creating...
  8. A

[SOLVED] Ceph OSD adding issues

Greetings community! After few month of using ceph from Proxmox i decided to add new disk and stuck with this issue. ceph version 17.2.7 (2dd3854d5b35a35486e86e2616727168e244f470) quincy (stable) Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-authtool --gen-print-key Running command: /usr/bin/ceph --cluster...
  9. E

[SOLVED] Issues Moving CEPH Traffic to Fiber Cards on Proxmox - RBD Unavailable After Switch

Hi everyone, long time lurker but hey, there's a first time at anything right? So i have posted about a problem i'm facing on the proxmox reddit, and someone PM'd me to post it also here, so here's a copypasta of the original post with added all the things they told me to try over there, hope...
  10. M

[SOLVED] Proxmox mount Cephfs on linux VM

root@pve1:~# sudo cat /etc/ceph/ceph.conf [global] auth_client_required = cephx auth_cluster_required = cephx auth_service_required = cephx cluster_network = 192.168.65.10/24 fsid = 5dcbd126-d511-4e12-a653-fee67d7ec467 mon_allow_pool_delete =...
  11. A

[SOLVED] Proxmox ceph network configuration

Hi, I read this sentence on ceph hardware-recommendations : "Provision at least 10 Gb/s networking in your datacenter, both among Ceph hosts and between clients and your Ceph cluster" This is my ceph configuration: [global] auth_client_required = cephx auth_cluster_required = cephx...
  12. M

[TUTORIAL] What are the steps to create and mount CephFS on a Linux VM?

It will help if it is GUI-based steps to create CephFS. I currently have configured Ceph as shared storage on all 3 nodes. Also, Linux VMs are on local storage. I have to use CephFs to create a shared folder between 2 VMs on different nodes.
  13. S

Migration from RAID to Ceph without outage

OK, so I’m fairly new to Proxmox and Ceph. I need some advice on how to migrate to Ceph. Current Layout: SERVER01: (Same exact hardware as SERVER02) Production - hosting 20-30 VM’s Storage Hardware RAID 2 - SSD’s setup as RAID1 6 - SSD’s setup as RAID5 This storage is hosting the VM’s Needs...
  14. L

New build: storage optimization for variety of workloads

Storage noob here. I am building a new single node proxmox server on a 2U server that has 9 3.5in 4TB HDDs and 6 2.5in 800GB SSDs beyond what is used for Proxmox's boot image. The server will be running a mix of stateful container workloads, databases for stateless containers, and VMs for...
  15. A

Is this an ideal setup for Ceph?

Hi, I'm building a cluster with Proxmox mainly for running LXC CTs. I have 5 identical servers all connected through a 40Gbps switch. I also want to use the same servers for Ceph so they can share their local disks with each other. In PVE Ceph wiki page it recommends 3 NICs for a high...
  16. V

[SOLVED] Proxmox VE + Ceph cluster and two datacenters. Too many objects are misplaced; try again later.

Please help me with your advice. I need to implement fault tolerance at the datacenter level in the Proxmox VE hyperconverged cluster (pve-manager/8.1.4/ec5affc9e41f1d79 (running kernel: 6.5.13-1-pve)) and Ceph Reef 18.2.1. To test future changes, I created a virtual test bench in VirtualBox...
  17. D

[SOLVED] Ceph packages with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE fix?

Having see the Ceph blog post about RocksDB performance today, I was keen to see what packages were available which include the fixes. I the bug ticket I see bug ticket I see comments about applying the fixes to Proxmox Ceph packages, but looking in git repo, I don't see the fixes in the commit...
  18. M

How to use Ceph storage for directory sharing between two VMs on separate node.

Example- **************** Cluster- node 1-> has VM-1(on local storage) node 2-> has VM-2(on local storage) I am already using Ceph and HA. I want to use VM-1 and VM-2 "tmp" directory to be synced. I was thinking of mounting some storage from the Ceph storage pool in VM-1 and VM-2 for...
  19. Y

Edit ceph.conf

I have (had) a Promox 8.1 cluster with 2 nodes and one qDevice as 3rd witness /etc/ceph/ceph.conf [global] auth_client_required = cephx auth_cluster_required = cephx auth_service_required = cephx cluster_network = 10.227.101.33/24 fsid = something...
  20. I

[SOLVED] Ceph hang in Degraded data redundancy

flow: 1 servers had reboot due to power maintenance, 2 (after the reboot) i noticed one server had bad clock sync - fixing the issue and another reboot solved it) the 3. after time sync fixed cluster started to load and rebalance, 4 it hang at error state (data looks ok and everything stable and...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!