feature request

1. D

Feature Request: OOM Score for VMs

OOM killer is a headache in Proxmox 8.x. Systems that have been running for years under previous versions are now getting OOM killed several times per week. Every site we manage that uses Proxmox has the VMs--their main Windows Server, a remote access server, and a "vendor" machine that we...
  2. M

[Feature request] - Watchdog for standalone hosts - or workaround

I'm on latest update and have a frozen hosts every few hours. My host is standalone and would appreciate when there would be an option to reboot automatically. Thread for such a problem It doesn't replace analysis but I had same issue with some changes a while back and it got solved by an...
  3. M

Feature request: Don't delete volumes onm restore which were excluded from backup

On my old proxmox instance i didn't use zfs but the directory storage (.vmdk / .qcow2 files). I used VMs on which i excluded drives from backup. When i restored a VM, the disk was then marked as unused but still available to remount on that VM (after doing a qm rescan). I also had trouble with...
  4. H

[Feature request] Cloud-Init move drive option

Hello, I saw that the Move disk is unavailable for the cloud-init drive. After doing some reading, I found out that the CI disk is being regenerated at VM startup, so it can be removed and then created to the new storage. The only issue is that if you've got a running VM, in a production env...
  5. C

RETVec (Resilient & Efficient Text Vectorizer)from Google

Hi, will be PMG use this? https://glockapps.com/blog/gmails-biggest-security-update-ai-powered-spam-filter/ https://github.com/google-research/retvec/blob/main/notebooks/train_retvec_model_tf.ipynb
  6. patefoniq

Web UI feature requests

Hi, I've created the ticket on Bugzilla, but I don't know if it will be processed. It's only a small feature: I also have another small request. Could you change the way of declaring the RAM for the VM, from MiB to GiB? No one is using megabytes for VMS' now, the standard is dozens of...
  7. A

Suggestion | Several UI Improvements for Pools

Over the past couple years i have been managing several proxmox clusters (currently 3 quite large ones with 10+ nodes / 150+ vms) and i really have to say there are some things that can become a real pain specially on larger deployments... Currently most of the time i am using the pool view and...
  8. J

[Enhancement Request] Multi-Pool based backup jobs

Hi, Unless I've totally missed it, or there's a trick to do such a thing, I'd have a little wish for a little enhancement on pool based backup: by allowing multiple pools being selected in a job (or excluded for an inverted effect, as you can do with the "include/exclude VM") Today, when we...
  9. M

Feature request: support more customization options for xterm.js

Hi, today I used xterm.js console and was a bit uncomfortable staring at the black background. I searched and found that xterm.js supports using api to change its options, so I tried to change the color by inputing this in web browser's console : (it's Selenized Light theme, I used it on other...
  10. S

IPv6-address on all interfaces

Hi, I have a proxmox-machine with six NICs, each with its vmbr. I have set IPv4/6-addresses only on one vmbr because this is the managing vmbr. The other NICs/vmbrs are only for VMs with different networks. IPv4: Everything worked as expected - none of the other vmbrs got an ipv4-address...
  11. G

[SOLVED] Workaround to use qemu-user-agent without guest-fsfreeze ?

Hi all, I think we're all aware of the the issue with the snapshot backup locking the guest FS with fsfreeze and not being able to thaw the FS, resulting in a completely locked VM. It's been discussed many times in and out of this forum. I don't know if there is any progress in fixing the very...
  12. J

Feature request: Static scaling for graphs

Automatically-scaled graphs are great for specific use-cases, but they can require extra mental processing when doing visual scanning. For example: A VM using 0.2 CPU with regular peaks of 0.3 looks like it's using more CPU than a VM using 0.4 with a single peak of 1.2. Examples: Without...
  13. D

[SOLVED] Feature Request: Show in vm/container is on a backup schedule

Hi All. It would be nice to see if I click on a server the option to see if the container/vm is on a backup schedule and also see if that schedule is enabled or disabled the schedule of the runtime would be nice as well . Example. When clicking on backups it shows the backup schedule 1st with...
  14. M

Memory usage chart vs. ZFS cache

Hi, In a home lab environment, I have a server with 256GB RAM, a dozen VM's on it and a ZFS pool also in the same box. The RAM usage chart on the node summary page shows the total RAM usage, which makes sense. A lot of times though, when I need to weigh how much RAM headroom I have for adding...
  15. J

Enclosure visualization

Managing a Proxmox cluster in the datacenter with multiple nodes and multiple drives (Ceph OSD and ZFS pools) per node, I am missing an easy way to locate the drive in the enclosure. Smart data or Ceph OSD status visualized in a simple row/column fashion. Is is possible to add a simple...
  16. D

[Feature Request] Choose which nodes to backup

Hello, it would be great, if you could choose which nodes to backup. Right now I can only select -- All -- or one specific node. I have one node which has one vm (PBS) on it, which is excluded from the backup. Now I get an empty email from that node every time the backup task runs. Best regards
  17. M

Choose USB drive as destination like tape backup

For offline storage it would be grant to be able to define USB drives as backup destinations, like you can specify tape pools at the moment. Currently we are utilizing QNAPs to do some offline backups, but having this ability inside of Proxmox Backup Server would be grant. I envision it like...
  18. S

Query/feature request Qemu args

Thank you for all your work on Proxmox. It is my view a design/architecture requirement that each line within the VMID.conf should be shown somewhere within the GUI even if it is read only (vmgenid for example). This would help to ensure that all the settings can be checked by admin staff...
  19. S

Feature-Vorschlag "Direct Restore to Server"

Hallo liebe Proxmox-Gemeinde und im speziellen liebe Proxmox-Entwickler, ich habe einen Feature Request. Es geht dabei um folgendes: Meine Server, d.h. VE und Backup-Server sind in einem Rechenzentrum in Frankfurt. Untereinander sind die mit 10 Gbits verbunden. Ich selbst sitze am südlichen...
  20. R

[Suggestion] Comment/Description field to accompany VM disks?

Hi, Wasn't sure whether to post here or create a GitHub issue. Whilst managing VMs it's generally a hassle to cross-reference disk IDs all the time and I can imagine lead to people accidentally deleting the wrong disk - especially when more than one disk is on the VM with same pool/capacity...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!