pve

1. M

VM's open ports not visible from outside of VM

Hi, I just installed a Discourse forum engine on Ubuntu VM. The installation went great, but I am unable to open the Discourse site from my network over 443. When I check open ports of the VM from external I see this: But from inside (of the Ubuntu VM) I see this: So, apparently no ports...
  2. F

PVE with HPE 3PAR 9450

Hello, i'm currently trying to set up our new PVE Cluster with 3 Nodes (DL380 G9 with FC Cards which wont show up in Proxmox?), we want to use an HPE 3PAR 9450 but dont know how to configure it?! (But atleast the 3PAR is working) If someone could give me a little walktrough with the steps we...
  3. E

can 6.4-14 and 8.1-2 be in one cluster ?

Hello! I'm going to add a few servers to my PVE 6.4-14 cluster, can i install 8.1-2 and add it to cluster to move some VMs to 8.1-2 and then upgrade 6.4-14 .. thanks
  4. V

Export from PBS / Import in PVE

Hi, I have a question about exporting backups from PBS to import them into PVE. I need to do this because the backups are too large to transfer over the network (internet), so I want to copy them to an external drive, transport the drive to the other server, and then import the backups. Is this...
  5. T

Add NFS storage in nobody:nogroup

This is my nfs directory permission (NFS server in a privileged container): root@homelab-nas:/data# namei -l /data/nfs/ f: /data/nfs/ drwxr-xr-x root root / drwxrwxr-x root writers data drwxrwxr-x root writers nfs And nfs exports like this: root@homelab-nas:/data# exportfs -v /data/nfs...
  6. K

[SOLVED] Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Auth/PAM.pm

have 3 pve host in 1 cluster, in customer's server room. ( those servers have no internet access, and under insanely restricted access control) was about to send some files to a new vm. ( package libpam-pwquality and it's dependencies). but I execute dpkg -i *.deb before qm terminal to the...
  7. M

no such logical volume pve/data (500)

Hi Everyone, I have a proxmox cluster and today I added a new node to it. However once it was added I'm now getting an error on the new node: no such logical volume pre/data (500). Not sure what I can do to fix it? Is there an easy way to remove the node and re-add it?
  8. T

Soft lockup about once a day

Hello, My Proxmox node has been getting in a bit of a bind the last few days (first happened on March 30). About once or twice a day it has gotten into a soft lockup at different times during the day as can be seen in the picture below and the whole system becomes unresponsive. After a reboot...
  9. 7

Is it possible for PBS to backup Windows VMs running on PVE.

Is it possible for PBS to backup Windows VMs running on PVE? I keep finding threads that imply PBS cannot backup Windows VMs; But then I also see threads saying the qemu agent is essential for backups. Can anyone help me understand when and how I can backup Windows VMs running on PVE? Tas
  10. S

Host Disk Migration

Id like to swap the disk, that Proxmox runs on, in my installation. I found these two links: 1. https://pbs.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Roadmap 2. https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/how-to-backup-proxmox-configuration-files.67789/ 1. - Indicates that PBS still cant backup PVE config. Is this...
  11. R

Proxmox Offline Mirror - Debian Repository needed?

Hi, I set um the Proxmox Offline Mirror successfully, and connected my nodes with it. My question is fairly simple: To keep my nodes updated (and most importantly all security holes patched), do I need a snapshot of the Debian repository, too? Right now I only snapshotted (meaning syncd and...
  12. E

Unknown interface detected on SuperMicro H12DSi-NT6 - new build

Hello! Recently deployed pve on H12DSi-NT6 which comes with dual 10g base and separate ipmi. I've noticed additional interface that I have no idea what is it coming from "enxbe3af2b6059f" There is actual mac address assigned to it. Wondering if this is in some shape IPMI interface and...
  13. E

pve crashed after "VM migration with success message"

hello, I'm migrating some VMs via "qm remote-migrate" from one pve to another. I shut down the VM and did the migration without the --online option. Everything went well according to the messages, but when I started the vm on the other pve, everything crashed. I can access the console directly...
  14. J

Can not start any VM - Interface activation failed

Starting a VM without a network device works, the problem is that as soon as I add one (doesn't matter what kind), the system throws following error: interface activation failed kvm: -netdev...
  15. Z

VM disk space allocation on ZFS pool

Hi, I'm new to Proxmox but not new to virtualization and I'm having a bit of trouble in setting up my first (test)VM and allocating disk space when creating the VM. I have created a new simple ZFS mirror pool consisting of two disks. The Proxmox webui shows a total disk space of 7.54TB. The...
  16. E

Copy VM to another pve

Hey guys, i want know how can i copy a virtual machine from a pve (172.16.0.221) to another pve (172.16.0.250). This VM can't stop running (if possible) because is a server.
  17. L

logging into the web gui via a second bridge and vpn

The problem with logging into the web interface via vmbr2 ip via a vpn located on a virtual machine hosted on proxmox itself it hangs for a long time and then somehow opens. it feels like there is a problem with routing and the return packets are not reaching. adding a static route on the pve...
  18. H

PVE und pfSense - Netzwerke

Moin, habe ein Verständnisproblem ... habe Proxmox 8.1.4 auf einer IPU mit 6 NICs laufen ... Auf PVE eine VM mit pfSense, welche meinen Datenverkehr regelt. Das tut diese seit längerem auch verlässlich. cat /etc/network/interfaces auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface enp1s0 inet manual...
  19. A

Interacting with API…

I know you can curl your host, to get a CSRFPreventionToken and Ticket for auth. Is that the *only* way to authentication for API stuff? or can you use an API token for it instead? (specifically for interacting with the API, not just regular usage) Thank you in advance!
  20. M

API get storage with content images

Hi. I'm trying to write a script to calculate the sizes of the VM's disks in order to create an automated report of vm consumption (with cpu/ram/disk). With /api2/json/cluster/resources I only get the boot disk size which is not enough. The idea is to get the data from API and insert it into a...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!