bridge

1. G

[SOLVED] Nested hypervisor networking issues - no traffic passing

I'm another vmware admin who's looking at Proxmox as a potential transition option. I'm not doing anything particularly intensive, I just deployed a few hypervisor VMs (under ESXi) to get a feel for the system, deploying VMs, networking, etc. Everything is working fine so far, other than the...
  2. A

VLAN (802.1Q) with Proxmox VE, OPNsense (as a VM in Proxmox), and UniFi systems

tl;dr: I want to pipe VLANs around my networks, both the physical and virtual sections, to separate things like IoT out. Some more detail: I have a network consisting of Proxmox VE containers and VMs (one being OPNsense firewall router), and physical network components such as UniFi switches...
  3. D

[SOLVED] Netzwerkproblem: Kein Internetzugriff auf LXC

Hallo zusammen, auf meinem Proxmox System laufen mehrere Ubuntu-Container (LXC). Die Container sind über vmbr0 mit dem Heimnetz und dem Router verbunden. Darüber wird der Internetzugang bereitgestellt. Ich habe ein zweites Netzwerk auf Proxmox angelegt, vmbr1, das nur dazu dienen soll, die...
  4. A

One nic to multiple bridges

Hi all, I am trying to configure my proxmox server network so that I can split VM and CT. Unfortunately with poor results. This is my configuration. If anyone can help me out, I would be very grateful. PS: I only have one NIC. Please, can someone help me? auto lo iface lo inet loopback...
  5. J

SDN Nat-Regeln werden mehrfach angelegt

Hallo zusammen, ich arbeite mich aktuell mit den verschiedenen Optionen der SDN ein. Dabei ist mir aufgefallen, dass wenn ich SNAT anharke oder generell up und down-Regeln in den Interfaces hinzufüge diese mehrfach angelegt aber nie gelöscht werden. auto default0 iface default0...
  6. S

Networking, battlefield for new newbie

Hello there! I was wondering if someone could possibly assist me with a little something. You see, I'm quite new to promox ve and I have this goal of hosting my very own web server and setting it up as a DMZ. Additionally, I have a few other VM's that I need to run on the machine and I would...
  7. B

ovh scale server network setup

Hi, I'm completely lost configuring proxmox network interfaces. What I would like to achieve is having a pfsense in front of all the vms. But at the moment I can't even get a single vm (pfsense or ubuntu) to have access to internet. I have been trying to use this configuration :OVH Scale server...
  8. F

Adding 2.5" SATA SSD via PCIe adapter kills ethernet connection

I am trying to add a 2.5" SSD to my system using the Accelsior S PCIe adapter card. When I add the card to the system and boot, I can see the disk drive in fdisk as well as format, add/remove partitions etc. But then my ethernet connection is broken: Jan 13 14:26:08 pve-1 networking[887]...
  9. S

Add vmbr1 bridge, same subnet vmbr0, why could not access internet?

When I installed Proxmox 8.04, the vmbr0 was created automatically. Now I added a new network card and created a new bridge vmbr1 After applying the config, the /etc/network/interfaces is updated accordingly auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface enp4s0 inet manual iface enp5s0 inet manual...
  10. L

Bridge - host trunk and access ports

Hi, I have network bridge consisting of 2 hardware nic's (ports). I would like to set one port as trunk (this works on enp2s0) and the other as access port (for selected vlan on iface enp3s0). Currently both ports/nic work as trunk ports and I can't find solution for above. Traffic reaching this...
  11. K

sending out vlan conns

hello im new to proxmox and I have this program running and trying to send multiple connections using vlans. my problem is it only allow me to use 1 vlan connection this means that if I use or add 2 or more vlan ids all vlan connection won't go through.
  12. S

PVE bridge does not transmit arp reply

I have the following problem. Two pve's are connected to each other with 10Gbit cards. MYRICOM Inc. Myri-10G Dual-Protocol NIC (rev 01). Each card has two ports, these two ports are located in the same vmbr0 bridge on each host. One of the PVEs has a Debian virtual machine on it, which is...
  13. E

Make Two different Proxmox Lan's VMs to communicate with each other.

I currently have two proxmox Metals in Scaleway Cloud. Yesterday I bought my second one but with the first one I didn't have any issue. So my setup in the first one is a pfsense firewall with a WAN and a LAN in 192.168.1.0/24. Now I introduced the second Metal and created another pfsense (I know...
  14. S

Manual installation on Debian 12

If Debian 12 has been installed with minimal network boot CD/ISO/USB then it probably does not include bridge-utils which is mandatory component to get vmbr bridges to work. Make sure you install it with apt install bridge-utils first then fix these files /etc/hosts and /etc/network/interfaces...
  15. M

IS IT POSSIBLE TO MODIFY vmbr0 BRIGED ON eth0 TO wlan0?

Hey folks and hope you are all doing great, After enormous try and fail attempts; previous post; I have managed to make my 3 Raspberry CM4 boards orchestrating together in a Cluster via Proxmox 7. The issue that I am trying to tackle now, is how to modify the default bridge network (vmbr0)...
  16. J

DHCPOFFER from pfSense but proxmox VM does not get IPv4

Hello, I have an issue with a VLAN I created in pfSense (bare metal) and I just can't figure out what is wrong in Proxmox. I have a freshly created Ubuntu VM (with only docker installed), I have created a new vmbr1 bridge that is VLAN aware and assigned it the VLAN subnet (not sure if current...
  17. C

Configure multiple subnets on single NIC

I have a 1x4 sfp+ 10Gbe NIC in my host machine and 2 subnets, 192.168.2.0 and 10.0.0.0, configured on my Cisco Nexus 5596UP switch. I have created 2 bridges in Proxmox, vmbr0 (IPv4: 10.0.0.3/24 Gateway: 10.0.0.1) on enp20s0f0 and vmbr1 (IPv4: 192.168.2.4/24 Gateway: not set) on enp20s0f1. The...
  18. M

no traffic between LXC containers

Dear all, i am running Proxmox VE 8.0.4 on an Intel NUC NUC6CAYH and have a strange problem: there are two LXC containers (created from debian-11-standard_11.7_1) they are on the same subnet, same network assigned to them: vmbr0 they can be accessed from everywhere as expected and can reach...
  19. G

[SOLVED] Create and Setup vLan with Tag in PVE behind pfSense Firewall

Hello, I´m really having trouble setting up a vLAN in/on PVE and make it available to the firewall and give access to WAN. Setup: pfSense Firewall with public IP and 2 physical interfaces (WAN and LAN) WAN provides Internet LAN Network 10.27.126.0/24 (Intern IP: 10.27.126.1) An PVE Instance...
  20. E

[SOLVED] Networking issue, (Proxmox on a hyper-v guest)

Hello, As a new user of Proxmox, I've installed it on a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V server (with the goal of exploring Proxmox and potentially migrating my server fleet to Proxmox in the future). I'm having difficulty setting up VMs (tested with Windows 11 and Debian 12) because I...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!