update

1. A

Proxmox hang when stop/shutdown lxc-container after update host

I have repeatedly come across a situation in which updating the host (kernel and some other components) leads to the fact that when the container is stopped, the host freezes. Is it possible to solve this problem in some way, in addition to the method of first stopping all containers before...
  2. G

Gpu passthrough

Hi, I acquired some '' old '' component and I want to swap then in my home lab. I'm actually using a i7 2600k and just found a 2700x. But I'm running a window vm in which I passed a 1070ti. I use the igpu from the i7 for proxmox. But here I don't have any with the 2700x. Can I use a second...
  3. F

pveproxy keep restarting cause my server to freeze on proxmox

The problem i have with this server is the hardware and the OS is running but after 2 days on 10/02/2023 it just crash already gain more times i could remember and it just freeze and doesn't run. i would have to manually power off the power the server itself for it to work again. (please note...
  4. M

dist-upgrade: Running VMs & CEPH cluster: Can I restart these daemons on my 3-node cluster

...node after node, without that "breaking" running VMs? PVE 8.1.4 CEPH 3-node cluster Any help is much appreciated.
  5. C

I can't access to Proxmox Server

Hi, I updated the entire Proxmox server, and upon restarting it does not allow me to log in from the server. It shows me "incorrect login" message, only entering the user (root). It doesn't allow me to enter the password. How could I get into the server somehow?
  6. L

Update from eg. pve-manager 8.0.4 to 8.0.9, not 8.1.3 (ie. retain PVE 8.0, not 8.1 yet)

Hi there, Just checking the best way to "pin" a Proxmox VE version before running an upgrade, so as to update to the latest "dot" releases of the previous sub-major. Now that v8.1 is released, we'd like to get everything up to latest v8.0 minor/patch - is this easily doable? I'd imagine so via...
  7. S

apt-get update not working.

root@dell:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# apt update After running the above command (Bullseye) the following message is displayed-: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hit:1...
  8. S

[SOLVED] ClamAV update issue

hello everyone I get an error when I want to update the clamav database. When I access the update address via the internet browser, I encounter the cloudflare control. After passing the check (verify that you are not a robot), I can download the relevant update to my computer. pmg cannot...
  9. J

Can not change CIDR param under IPSet through API using HTTP PUT

Hello, I searched for some time and checked docs and API viewer here: API viewer - PUT - /api2/json/cluster/firewall/ipset/{name}/{cidr} But I'm not able to change my CIDR range when already exists using HTTP PUT API call. There is no issue create CIDR range (in already created IPSet...
  10. X

PROXMOX Web Gui nicht erreichbar nach Update

Hallo zusammen. Ich habe mitte letzte Woche meinen PROXMOX Server updaten wollen. Seit dem ist die Web Oberfläche über die IP nicht mehr erreichbar und ich müsste dringend wieder auf diese Zugriff bekommen. Ich bin das ganze Forum durchgegangen und habe selber einiges Probiert doch finde keine...
  11. B

dbus Error After Update

Hello everyone, After rebooting, Proxmox failed to start with the error message "corrupted linked list". I managed to somewhat correct the error using the fsck manually, which brought the web interface back up. However, I am now unable to start any containers or backups. I'm hoping someone can...
  12. X

PROXMOX GUI not starting up after trying to Update

I tried updating my PROXMOX 7.1 to 7.2 after switching to UniFi Network. Now, the GUI is not starting up anymore, but I can still access it via SSH. I attempted to further update it via SSH, but it only outputs the following error messages: "/etc/initramfs/post-update.d//proxmox-boot-sync: 10...
  13. K

Can not use apt update command

root@pve:~# apt update Hit:1 http://security.debian.org bookworm-security InRelease Hit:2 http://ftp.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease Hit:3 http://ftp.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates InRelease Err:4...
  14. T

[SOLVED] dist-upgrade will viele pakete entfernen

root@tay:~# apt-get dist-upgrade Paketlisten werden gelesen… Fertig Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut… Fertig Statusinformationen werden eingelesen… Fertig Paketaktualisierung (Upgrade) wird berechnet… Fertig Die folgenden Pakete wurden automatisch installiert und werden nicht mehr benötigt...
  15. M

PVE hosts package upgrade - Best practice and tips?

Hello everyone. Have a handful of PVE hosts running in a cluster. I was wondering how everyone approached everyday upgrades? Do you wait for kernel or major PVE upgrades to be available, migrate all the VM's, upgrade and full restart? Or do you upgrade smaller packages for the hosts as they...
  16. T

Update-Problem mit Enterprise-Repos trotz valider Subscription

Hallo zusammen, wir haben diverse Proxmox-Instanzen, von denen sich seit kurzem eine weigert, die Updates einzuspielen. Ein apt-update bringt den folgenden Fehler: Hit:1 http://security.debian.org bookworm-security InRelease Hit:2 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease...
  17. J

pve7to8 --full " systemd unit 'pvescheduler.service' "

FAIL: systemd unit 'pvescheduler.service' is in state 'inactive' As per some googling to help myself, see below. (Note: this is NOT part of a cluster) root@proxmox:~# !491 systemctl status pvescheduler.service ● pvescheduler.service - Proxmox VE scheduler Loaded: loaded...
  18. B

Fail to load after a upgrade reboot

My node fails to load after I have performed a reboot after an update that requires it. this is not the first time it has happened. It operates headless so I can't see the screen. But whilst it was 'offline' the system sounds as though its loaded so I power off / on (which I do try to avoid...
  19. H

datastore nicht mehr verfügbar / unable to open chunk store

Hallo zusammen, ich benötige Hilfe bei einem Problem mit dem PBS: Nach einem Update und anschließendem reboot eines nodes (PVE+PBS) ist der einzige datastore "srv2-data-bak" nicht mehr verfügbar. Kurz davor oder danach habe ich auch den Hostnamen geändert. Zunächst fiel auf, dass die backup...
  20. S

Proxmox versions 7.3-6 vs 7.3-4

Hello, I have two separate proxmox and both are up to date. one have version : pve-manager/7.3-6/723bb6ec another one pve-manager/7.3-4/d69b70d4 How it is possible ? Which version is latest ? How to fix it to have same version on both servers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!