iptables

1. J

SDN Nat-Regeln werden mehrfach angelegt

Hallo zusammen, ich arbeite mich aktuell mit den verschiedenen Optionen der SDN ein. Dabei ist mir aufgefallen, dass wenn ich SNAT anharke oder generell up und down-Regeln in den Interfaces hinzufüge diese mehrfach angelegt aber nie gelöscht werden. auto default0 iface default0...
  2. V

Proxmox in Hetzner + NAT

Here's the situation: We have a bare metal server from Hetzner with one IP4 address. We manage to install Proxmox easily, but when we install virtual machines (Ubuntu), we cannot get them online. Here is the current configuration: source /etc/network/interfaces.d/* auto lo iface lo inet...
  3. S

fail2ban & PVE 8.1 Firewall: f2b logs Ban and puts it into iptables, but its getting overriden by PVE Firewall

Hi, we are trying to use fail2ban on a host and use the Proxmox Firewall feature in order to block / open ports. In my PVE host (datacenter layer), I have these firewall rules configured: Security-Group "default-host" => Accept SSH (TCP port 22) Accept GUI (TCP Port 8006) Now I also have...
  4. W

Permanent local firewall configuration

Hi To avoid to loose emails during patches and upgrades we usually closed the SMTP ports via the local firewall in the past at other Linux mail relays. Now I'm missing the functionality of iptables-save / iptables-restore at the PMG. Even after installing the mentioned packages and saving the...
  5. E

iptables netflow module (ipt-netflow) - pve8 kernel 6.x

Hi! There is a Netflow/IPFIX package for iptables in the base Debian12, but not compatible with the pve8 kernel 6.x Is there any way to make it to work? https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/iptables-netflow/+bug/2023306 $> aptitude search netflow p iptables-netflow-dkms...
  6. M

Proxmox VE 8 with Firewall in Routed Configuration. Netfilter POSTROUTING SNAT not working

Hi, since switching to Proxmox VE 8 Postrouting SNAT (Unfortunately I must use NAT) in combination with the Proxmox Firewall is not working anymore even with conntrack zones enabled. In Proxmox VE 7 it worked after adding post-up iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -i fwbr+ -j CT --zone 1...
  7. H

Proxmox hosted on cloud server question...

Hey guys, I just finished setting up Proxmox VE on my hosted cloud server and I was curious if I will absolutely need to have additional IPs for many of my web-facing services\containers? The reason I ask is that my current host doesn't have any available and probably won't for a few months...
  8. T

Gre protocol forwarding to VM not work

Hi everyone, I have a proxmox on a dedicated server that has a public ip on the WAN side and I created a DMZ to a virtual machine inside it, I noticed that everything passes except the gre protocol. Can you give me a hand please? Below I put the configuration of the interfaces: auto lo iface lo...
  9. K

Hetzner 1 IP - proxmox - CT All work but can't NAT to my CT

Hello, I have problems doing a NAT. I have a dedicated Hetzner with only 1 public IP. Install Proxmox and create a vmbr0 with the data of the public ip then create a mvbr1 with the ip 192.168.10.1 Then create my CT, with the ip 192.168.10.100 Install a Web Server in my CT. and on my private...
  10. R

Iptables inside LXC container not blocking anything

I've been hitting my head to the brick wall that is iptables inside a Debian 11.3 container in Proxmox. I cannot seem to get it to block anything and there seems to be some contradicting discussions about if iptables should even work inside LXC. I do use Proxmox firewall as well, and it is...
  11. F

Iptables-Prerouting everything with some exceptions

Hi, I'm trying to achieve following: I want everything, what comes in with TCP protocol, will be natted to 10.10.100.1 except: - Source IP 100.100.100.1 to destination port 22, 8006 - Source IP 100.100.100.2 to destination port 22, 8006 - Source IP 100.100.100.3 to destination port 22, 8006 -...
  12. M

Loading custom iptables rule on startup with post-up fails

Hello everyone I have a custom firewall rule for a few VMs that I can't enter in the GUI. The most elegant way would be to load it directly at startup by "post-up" in the /etc/network/interfaces file. The rule looks like this: ip6tables --insert tap181i0-IN -m mac ! --mac-source...
  13. B

Proxmox FW needed or not with an OPNsense VM?

Hello everyone, I'm trying to make my own router/firewall with OPNsense as a VM in Proxmox. What's not clear to me is if I can let OPNsense connect to the internet directly, or if that put Proxmox at risk and thus I should add the Proxmox Firewall to be safe? In both cases Proxmox will be...
  14. T

Iptables chains and tables traversal

Hi, I'm trying to learn a bit more in-depth about networking in Proxmox in order to diagnose some connection issues I'm having. I thought maybe to just get confirmed how I believe packets are processed when sent to a container or VM. Say I have a host with a single public IP and some guests. I...
  15. L

iptables 1:1 NAT for 2 IPs one NIC

Hello guys, as I'm having a pretty tough time to get one of the services (BigBlueButton) to work I would like to try the deployment with a 1:1 NAT in iptables. Long story short, I have a virtualised opnesense/pfsene, tried really everything in there (1:1Nat), port forwardings, different reverse...
  16. Z

Homelab: can't ping VMs behind Router VM

This is 4th try after getting no responses from Stack Exchange sites [1, 2, 3] and I've been fighting with this issue for ~2 weeks. I really hope someone can help me with this issue. --- I have a setup like this (this diagram is also available here): I'm running a single PVE host in my...
  17. F

Can forward NFS traffic fine, except from Proxmox and its VMs

Hello. I have a NAS directly connected to my Proxmox machine, which forwards all NFS traffic via iptables to the NAS (I can't directly connect the NAS per our system policy). I can connect to the NFS share from every other machine on our network but not from ProxMox or the VMs running on it...
  18. M

[SOLVED] PVEFW Logs with custom rules

Hi, I'm not sure if I asked the question already, checked but cannot find in my posts. Basically I have some custom iptables rules per VM/adapter and I do logging. These logs go into the main node logs instead of the VM Firewall logs. /sbin/iptables -N ... /sbin/iptables -A ... -m limit...
  19. S

How to enable loopback (hairpin) NAT so that a container can reach another container via PVE public IP?

Preface Hi together, this thread is highly connected to the issue I explained here: Connected issue I think it has the same root cause but since I got no answer there I tried to narrow down the problem, reframe it. So now I have a different symptom that is based on a more "common" scenario, that...
  20. S

Use PVE node's external IP address to reach service of a internal network via DNAT

Hi everybody, I am struggeling with a problem where I did not figure out yet if it is a "basic" networking problem or something that has to do with my SDN configuration. The setup is the following: I have two VEs (192.168.2.10 and .11) coupled as a cluster. Within this cluster there is an...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!