pxe

1. E

[SOLVED] Windows 10 PXE Boot

Liebe Community ich habe folgendes Problem: Ich möchte in einer VM Windows über PXE Boot installieren. Wenn ich das ganze versuche komme ich immer in den Setup Screen, in welchem die Fehlermeldung: "WdsClient: Fehler beim Abrufen der IP-Adresse vom DHCP-Server...." erscheint. Ich habe schon...
  2. O

Contributors wanted / PBS as an alternative to Clonezilla

I'm going to switch to PBS as an alternative to Clonezilla when storing images. The system is complete (but not finished) and is working fine, even I've to do some tasks by console which is totally fine for me. The setup consists of a Debian Live system (Debian Live Manual) and a handful of...
  3. J

Setting up a PXE Server VM

I want to create a PXE server/service using a VM I'll build on Proxmox (I'm planning to use Ubuntu Server 20.04, but I'm open to any better suggestions.). My home router already provides DHCP for the local LAN, but most of the tutorials I've seen for setting up a PXE server require ensuring the...
  4. A

WDS, VLANs, and PXE Booting A Guest VM

Hi All, I've installed a Windows Server 2019 instance with the WDS role and am wanting to PXE boot some guest VMS. I have WDS already configured, but am unsure how to get things working properly as my WDS server and my guest PXE boot VMs are on different VLANs. Normally, I go into Device...
  5. S

Automated / Unattended install via ISO method?

Hi All - newbie to Proxmox here. My apologies if this has been covered here, but I've spent the last 2 days searching for an answer to this... I'm automating PXE install of Proxmox ISO (6.1) via the Digital Rebar Platform (DRP) solution. I have the install working, after a I "re-master" the...
  6. O

Not enough memory to load specified image (16.01)

Hello, I was trying to install Proxmox 6.1 from network, but eventually load of initrd fails with the error: "Not enough memory to load specified image". On the tftp server the initrd.iso.img file has size of 795M and the kernel file, linux26, has 11M in size. Computer I am trying to install...
  7. S

[SOLVED] iPXE Boot, KVM, Ubuntu 18, USG - Hangs after pxelinux.0

Hello, I have a new VLAN 8. This network supports network boot and tftp settings. Requests that are network booted from a KVM host that is tagged on VLAN 8 get the right IP from DHCP, then goes to fetch the pxelinux.0 from my nas. This works as well as the file is downloaded, but then it just...
  8. V

PXE rom (not iPXE) how to?

I need that VMs boot over network with UNDI PXE boot rom, not iPXE. How do I make this trik ?
  9. J

Ansible proxmox_kvm gettting MAC address for PXE

Anyone successfully used the Ansible module of proxmox_kvm to get a MAC address of a VM for a PXE install? Here is the task code: - name: Get Facts proxmox_kvm: api_user: "root@pam" api_password: test api_host: test node: test name: test validate_certs: no...
  10. N

OpenQRM + Proxmox + PXE/TMPFS

Hi Team, Just wanted to announce that we have deployed Proxmox through openQRM on a pxe/tmpfs boot. Really happy that we don't need physical boot drives any more for our SANs and compute cluster. We have the whole network running from a 2GB tmpfs disk and even use it for KVM nodes for services...
  11. Baader-IT

[SOLVED] VM One-Time-Boot

Hallo, we want to install some VM's automatically. For this we have created a shell script which use the qm create command to create the VM. qm create $ID -name $NAME -bootdisk scsi0 -scsi0 NVME:$DISK1SIZE -scsihw virtio-scsi-pci -scsi1 HDD:$DISK2SIZE -memory 8192 -ostype l26 -sockets $SOCKETS...
  12. K

PXE install

Hello, Does is exist a good tutorial to get files to put in a PXE server ?
  13. P

Adding Proxmox 5 installation via PXE

Hey, I've been looking for a guide and found few that didn't work. I have a TFTP server running ubuntu 12.04. all the boot able ISO's are in /var/lib/tftpboot/ i have tried to extract LINUX26 and INITRD.IMG and configuring the defaults in /var/lib/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/defaults . Can anyone...
  14. M

Change PXE ROM

Is it possible to replace iPXE with PXELinux (or something that works like usual hardware PXE)? I already have PXE server that works perfectly and I don't want to change its configuration. But also I want to boot my VMs as physical machines. Google for an hour but with no luck.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!