install

1. R

Proxmox install - ZFS on NVME, RAID1 does it make sense ?

Hello everyone I been testing ZFS on NVME Drives. Installed proxmox on 2 NVME drives: They are SN: 7VQ09JY9 7VQ09H02 Filesystem: ZFS Raid 1 (mirroring) Reboot to installed proxmox and check: zpool status -L pool: rpool state: ONLINE config: NAME STATE READ WRITE...
  2. N

Proxmox Storage

Hello, I am new to this forum today, and I already have a question. I switched from ESXI to Proxmox, and the first experiences are already great (I regret not switching sooner). Now I see that 2 partitions are created by default: Local Local-lvm Now I also see that this can be combined into...
  3. S

unable to create zfs root pool

I have a dl380p gen8 with a p420i controller in hba mode. 2 SSDs (OS) and 6 HDDs (DATA) are installed. I tried to install Proxmox on the two SSDs in RAID 1 (ZFS). I was able to select the two hard drives and started the installation, but I got the following error message: unable to create zfs...
  4. I

Proxmox on VirtualBox: No Support for hardware-accelerated KVM virtualization detected.

Hi guys, I managed to get Proxmox set up on my VirtualBox, but when I get to the second screen of the installer, I am greeted with this error message. I am not sure what to do, as I would not be able to launch Proxmox in VirtualBox if I did not have SVM enabled in bios, so I am at a complete...
  5. M

Raid setup

Hi, I have 3 dell servers and while purchasing I mentioned that we need RAID 1 on all 3 drives. While installing Proxmox it also asks for types of drive and raid levels. Do I need to mention raid level here?
  6. S

[SOLVED] Problems installing 8.1 and iscsi/multipath on root filesystem on HPE BL660c blade with HPE 650FLB hba/nic

Hello, I'm working on a poc to install proxmox on an HPE BL660c blade connected to an iSCSI san using be2iscsi based controller/nics. I have it mostly installed and working, though I've run into a problem with iscsi. I've been reading through the forums and googling for both proxmox and debian...
  7. N

Problems with Proxmox VE 8.1-1

I'm not really looking for support here because I have everything working now with 8.0 and that's enough. I'm more writing as a 'bug report' of sorts. I have purchased a new box intended for use as a router/firewall/etc with Proxmox VE at the top level. i7-1265u, 64Gb DDR4-3200 RAM, 1Tb main...
  8. A

How do I get the serial number of the disks during installation?

When I install Proxmox 8.0.2, I get: I have four absolutely same disks I have data on two disks, but I do not know which disks, I only know the serial numbers of these disks. How can i get serials some as: /dev/sda --- 2332E86834B7 /dev/sdb --- 2332E86834BA /dev/sdc --- 2332E86834BC /dev/sdd...
  9. D

[SOLVED] PVE ISO vs Debian PVE via APT install

I have followed both the standard ISO install (8.0.4) and tried to install another node manually (with custom partitioning) on top of Debian network install with very much nothing else than wget (even skipped system tools in tasksel) and ZFS. The resulting size of the ISO-sourced install (ZFS)...
  10. E

[ASK] Mount SSD with already installed RouterOS in proxmox ve?

Sorry I have an SSD with RouterOS already installed and I want to install it on a PC that has Proxmox installed. How can I directly use this SSD as an OS for a VM in Proxmox without deleting its contents and run it straight away?
  11. S

Manual installation on Debian 12

If Debian 12 has been installed with minimal network boot CD/ISO/USB then it probably does not include bridge-utils which is mandatory component to get vmbr bridges to work. Make sure you install it with apt install bridge-utils first then fix these files /etc/hosts and /etc/network/interfaces...
  12. L

Install Proxmox from Grub

Hello all, This is my first thread I discovered proxmox, I'd like to take the plunge and discover the world of homelab with it. I'm trying to install it on a 2016 Mac that has an Ubuntu OS. I made a Proxmox bootable key, but I have trouble booting on it. When I start my computer with the...
  13. I

Proxmox install

I am trying to migrate my Proxmox install to a 1L mini pc, so that I can convert my current much underused server into a second backup NAS. I have a 120GB SATA SSD that I intend to use as a OS drive. I also have a 1TB NVMe drive that I want to use as VM/CT storage and also for PBS backups. The...
  14. P

pveceph install kept switching to enterprise repo

On a Proxmox 8.0.4 node, I have the following in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ceph.list: deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/ceph-quincy bookworm no-subscription I executed apt update, then run pveceph install But I always received the following message: WARN: Enterprise repository selected...
  15. J

Install Zabbix Agent on Proxmox Nodes

Hello, I want to install Zabbix Agent in my Proxmox Nodes but I have issues. Version: Virtual Environment 7.4-3 When I am trying the installation failed due lib requirements The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies...
  16. J

[SOLVED] New installation PMG 8.0.7

Good morning, I have just installed the latest version of Promox Mail Gateway on a VM (installation via apt). I configured a part but I get an error when I receive an email: 2023-09-08T14:06:40.111115+00:00 localhost postfix/smtpd[49238]: error: open /etc/postfix/clientaccess: No such file or...
  17. S

Kernel Panic Immediately During Install

I am experiencing a kernel panic with Proxmox 8.0.2 installer. Splash screen pops up allowing you to select what type of install to perform. After picking Graphical, etc.. As it is booting up, this kernel panic happens. System Specs: AsrockRack x470d4u / BIOS 4.20 / BCU 03.02.00 All firmware up...
  18. B

[SOLVED] During install froz ot 70%

So i am installing proxmox 8 and it is frozen at 70% (extracting pve-kernel-6.2.16-3-pve6.216-3_amd64.deb) its been stuck for over 30 minutes.
  19. T

[SOLVED] Installation is in hung status and can't move to next stage

Greetings, I am trying to install proxmox on my home desktop as a home lab. I downloaded the latest ISO from proxmox website and made a bootable USB using Etcher. When I tried to install, i have the following situation. The process gets suspended but there's no any error messages. It says SGX...
  20. J

Proxmox preinstallation to HDD

Hello Everyone! Maybe I find a solution here. I have a bunch of servers where many of them I cannot access to their bios nor boot order (please no questions why, bios is just hidden on purpose). I am investigating Proxmox and how to utilize these servers in a cluster. So far it seems very...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!