backup and restore

1. F

Backup and restore cluster and Ceph

Hi, i must restore an old 3 node cluster. Which dirs do i have to backup for the cluster restores exactly like was before (configuration, files...). Which is the correct procedure to recover it? Thank you
  2. S

Host Disk Migration

Id like to swap the disk, that Proxmox runs on, in my installation. I found these two links: 1. https://pbs.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Roadmap 2. https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/how-to-backup-proxmox-configuration-files.67789/ 1. - Indicates that PBS still cant backup PVE config. Is this...
  3. S

Wechsel von Proxmox VE 6.4-13 zur aktuellen 8.1 Stable - Backup restore

Hallo, ich habe eine relativ alte ProxMox Installation und überlege auf die aktuelle Version zu wechseln. Ist es möglich die Backups (mit 6.4-13 erstellt) einfach wieder herzustellen? Ich habe 3 VM (debian-11.1.0-amd64-netinst und ubuntu-22.04.3-live-server-amd64) und 3 LXC...
  4. T

Remove local-lvm and increase local

I wanted to show the steps that I took to accomplish this task. I am a real beginner to Proxmox, and I struggled with the idea of changing the disk partitions using a live disk and GParted, etc. So, I looked for an easier method for me to do this, and I hope this helps someone. I had...
  5. A

CTs migration from 4.x to 8.x with vz restore from backup fails

Hello, I have a customer that has proxmox 4.x that i inherited with 2 CTs on it and I need to migrate those 2 CTs to new proxmox 8.x environment. I am facing some problems I don't know how to get by. I created backups of both CT machines on old proxmox and copied backups to new proxmox...
  6. P

Backup job failed with err -125 - Operation canceled

Hi Everyone, I am in the process of migrating the VMs from one proxmox server to another so I can update the proxmox to 8.1. I am creating the backups of VM, then send the backup to the other proxmox server and then restore that VM. The virtual machines are running critical micro-services due...
  7. S

Backup view role

Hey everyone Is there a role or privilege that allow user to view backup state without permission to run backup jobs or restore? I thought that my solution is PVEAuditor, but this role cant access backups
  8. P

Slow proxmox backups via NFS

I have a NFS server, normally it is fast (~1Gb/s). When I backup a vm it starts at ~800Mb/s and after a while, the speed drops considerably.
  9. E

[Suggestion] Add Tags based selection mode in backup job

It would be nice to add Tags based selection in Backup Job. Right now it does not have tags support and I have to add my VMs which I want to include in backup job to pool and select the pool in selection mode.
  10. B

unable to restore a backup

I have a backup of a server that I am trying to restore. It fails with "ut of space" every time. Source: VM has 3 drives backed up to an SMB share (called "abc" ) I built another proxmox that I installed on a 240gb SSD. I built a 2.1TB zfs pool with nothing on it (name="front"). I pointed to...
  11. D

backups ztd compression single threaded

hi all any reason why the backups are single-threaded rather than a user-configurable value? as from my point of view it would be nice to use 4 threads out of my 64 to speed up the backups.
  12. A

Proxmox 8 - Backup to PBS - High IO Delay - Server gets stuck

Good Day, we have a new Proxmox Node with High Storage KVM Servers. Connected to the PBS Server with 2x10G active-backup Bond Setup is : AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor 512 GB RAM RaidZ2 with 8x 20TB HDD and 2x 3,84 TB SSD Raid1 as a META Devices. The VM's have 30 TB in some cases. If we...
  13. A

moving vm from nodes

Hi, due to a system crash, I was wondering if there's any way to move vm out from proxmox and store in a disk o cloud service. So in future crashes at least of a copy may be available. As and another option to regular backups. Just to try, I have mounted an external device and tried to move the...
  14. B

Recommended OS/Config Backup Strategies

What are some strategies that people use to backup/clone/automate/etc OS disks and configurations? I've read a number of threads on this topic - varying from clonezilla backups, automated config managers, zfs send cron jobs and many more. Many are outdated and I am curious if there are more...
  15. M

Configure amount of parallel VMs in backup job

Hello, in the Datacenter->Backup settings I created a job to backup all VMs in a 3-node cluster. To me it seems the backup job tries to backup all VMs in parallel. Is there a way to process the VMs in the job one by one? I found the wiki page for this here...
  16. T

Manually Restore Backup After Joining Cluster

Hello. I just added a cluster and have two total nodes. One node was a machine with 2 VMs on it before joining the cluster. To prepare to join the cluster, I created a backup (locally) of the two VMs. After joining the cluster, any reference to the two backups is now gone from the web GUI, but...
  17. P

[SOLVED] PVE Backups auf PBS außerhalb des Heimnetzes

Hallo, Ich möchte meinen PBS außerhalb meines Heimnetzwerkes aufstellen, damit ich ein offsite Backup habe. Die Backups sollen natürlich verschlüsselt übertragen werden. Wie kann ich das machen? Hoffentlich kann mir einer Helfen :)
  18. B

Vom alten ZFSPool die Backups wieder reaktivieren

Hallo, nach einem Wechsel zu einem Docker & NAS System wurde vom damaligen Proxmox System die VMs und LXC Dump-Dateien archiviert. Nun solll ein LXC-System wieder aktiviert werden. Die letzten Dump-Dateien stammen von 2022. Die Dump-Dateien müssten alle die letze Proxmox-Konfigurationsdateien...
  19. S

Use pbs-restore command

Hello everyone To restore a specific disk from a backup, is it correct to use the pbs-restore command directly?
  20. G

how to identify PVE type and attach existing backup drive to new PVE installation

Hi, my previous installation looked like that: /dev/nvme0n1 for LVM and LVM-Thin (system and all VM were installed on them) /dev/sda1 was used for backup /dev/nvme0n1 was corrupted and was replaced - I installed PVE on the identical new nvme0n1 - in the attached pdf you find some screenshots...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!