bond

1. T

[SOLVED] Need help creating LACP Bond

I need assistance in creating an LACP LAG Bond. I am unable to find anything to help with this error: Here are the interfaces. The red is covering-up my MAC addresses. My switch is setup to do a LACP LAG for these 2 ports. I am able to create the bons with 1 interface though, but unable to add...
  2. H

Network Configuration Advice

Physical Hardware: 3 nodes with same Hardware 1 -1GB nic 2 - 2.5GB nic 1 - 10GB nic Network hardware: 1 - 8 port 10GBe switch 1 - 24 port 1GBe switch 1 - 8 port 1GBe Switch All LACP LAG capable I am trying to figure out what would be the best configuration for a clustered, HA, and CEPH...
  3. I

ovs made bond with vlan and custom mtu

Hi! I apologize to open up another lot-discussed-topic, at the moment everything looks to me working well but still i would like to get confirmation if my thinking is good and specific configuration is good. My effort is computer has four physical interfaces and two of them are 10g and...
  4. aasami

Bond setup

Hi! I have some troubles setting up bond on BCM57504 via S5224F-ON. Network configuration: auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto enp129s0f0np0 iface enp129s0f0np0 inet manual auto enp129s0f1np1 iface enp129s0f1np1 inet manual auto enp129s0f2np2 iface enp129s0f2np2 inet manual auto...
  5. L

Where to actually put a VLAN interface

I've tried asking on ServerFault (https://serverfault.com/questions/1134269/where-to-put-vlan-interface) because it's not strictly a proxmox question. But I received no answers, only a suggestion to post on this forum, so I'm reposting here. I have 2 x 1 Gbps network interfaces. On top of them...
  6. P

802.3ad, no partner PDU

Hi all, I have a cluster with 6 members, linked to a Ubiquiti Edgeswitch. On each members, I have setup two links, and whilst round-tobin works just great; I wanted to go to 8023.ad. I give the configuration on the Proxmox side below. On the switch side, I do have 3 non-proxmox members doing...
  7. J

Strange VM Boot Issue

I have the following VM: balloon: 0 bios: seabios boot: order=scsi0 cores: 4 hotplug: 0 kvm: 1 memory: 4096 meta: creation-qemu=7.1.0,ctime=1677543000 name: OpenMPTCProuter net0: virtio=86:10:91:5B:07:DB,bridge=vmbr4 net1: virtio=82:10:91:EE:9F:43,bridge=vmbr60 net2...
  8. M

vmbr0 Loosing Inbound Traffic

Hello! New to Proxmox and forums (experienced in other HA hypervisors). I just setup a 2-node cluster and I've been having some networking issues. I have two interfaces (enp1s0f1 primary & enp1s0f0 backup) in an active-passive bond (bond0). I then setup vmbr0 on bond0 and vlan2 onto vmbr0...
  9. Z

Setting network bond for VMs only

Hi, I'm testing some network settings on a proxmox server (pve 7.3-3) and I'm having trouble setting up a network bond to work. On this server, I have a network card with 4 ports: eno1, eno2, eno3 and eno4 I added another network card that would be used for the management console only...
  10. onlime

ifupdown2 advanced bond config options for LACP

Hi there. I have my Proxmox VE (latest 7.3) pre-configured for LAGGs with LACP, currently only with a single interface assigned to bond0 slaves, so I can go live by adding the second interface once I (physically) migrate to new switches (Aruba 6300 Series). All works fine so far and «Apply...
  11. A

VMs on Management VLAN

Hey there, I am hosting my Proxmox instance on a Zotac All in One PC with two 1Gbit NICs. In the past I had one Nic dedicated for the Proxmox Management and VMs which are located in the same network, which runs on VLAN 40. It was just a basic Bridge where the VLAN 40 tagging was on the switch...
  12. D

Proxmox mit LAG-Trunk und VLANs

Hallo, ich habe mein home-Netz auf VLANs umgestellt und dafür vom Proxmox-Server ein LAG als Trunk zum Switch eingerichtet. Die Vor- Nachteile der unterschiedlichen Konfiguration der VLANs auf Proxmox ist mir nicht klar. 1. Bridge mit VLAN aware an das bond-Interface binden und die VLANs auf der...
  13. B

Proxmox Linux Bond scheint nicht richtig genutzt zu werden

Hallo zusammen, ich habe meine beiden Proxmox Hosts mit lokalem Storage, mit jeweils 4x 1 Gigabit Ethernet an einen Switch (Gigabit Switch) angebunden. Die Ports sind auf beiden Seiten als LACP 2+3 konfiguriert. Genutzt werden Linux Bridges sowie ein Linux Bond, OVS ist nicht im Einsatz. Über...
  14. B

PVE Host with Two Physical Bond NICs and Switch Port-Channel

Hi All, 1. Can i create bond with 2 NICs? 2. Can i create Port-Channel on Cisco/Dell switch where the 2 bond NICs connect? 3. What is the best practice configuration should i set on Cisco/Dell switch for bond interfaces? Look for your reply.
  15. S

Need help with broadcast bonded LAN setup

I want to use multiple NICs on my Proxmox machine as a switch with routing across the multiple LAN NICs and to the single WAN NIC. I have them set up as a broadcast bond (see details below), with enp2s0 through enp6s0 all bonded. I can see all the Proxmox VMs and the WAN from LAN devices, but...
  16. G

Bonded vmbr but only 1 port works at a time

Hi, Hope you can help me solve why only one ports is active at a time in a bonded virtual bridged port. I have PVE on a bare metal unit with 6 intel I211 ports. In a bonded pair, it seems like only one port is active at a time. The config in the interfaces file is for LACP mode which, from...
  17. A

BOND LACP 6xNIC

Greetings friends, im here for some help with my ProxmoxVe installation. I had my server DL360E G8, and this had a 4 NIC (1gb each) and i installed another PCI with 2x1GB. Im trying to get more bandwith with LACP. so my configuration is here I already installed iperf to check bandwith...
  18. T

VLAN interface - attach to vmbr0 or bond0?

Hello, So I've got a few servers where they are connected to our ethernet switch via an LACP bond. It's basically like: vmbr0 (vlan aware) -> bond0 -> eno1, eno2 We need to add a vlan interface in order to access our storage network VLAN on the bond. My question is, do I attach the vlan...
  19. S

Bond doesn't failover to the other slave (OVH / Proxmox 7.1-12)

Hi all, I've configured the following ethernet bond [bond0], which appears to be working when both [eth0] and [eth1] are online, however, when I take down [eth1], IPv6 stops pinging for the node but not in the VMs. When I put [eth1] back online and take down [eth0], IPv6 is up for the node but...
  20. V

Loss of network connection when trying to install Proxmox on a debian server configured with a vlan aware bridge on a bond

Hi, We tried to install Proxmox VE 7.1-10 on a bare-metal server running Debian 11 Bullseye on which we configured a VLAN aware bridge with both 10G Ethernet interfaces by replacing the network configuration file with our configuration file. We tried this before and after installing Proxmox...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!