proxmox

1. P

Server Unable to Reach Network Post PVE 7.4 Install

Hi all, apologies for my ignorance on this topic, pretty new to Linux / Proxmox. Just recently got my hands on an old Nutanix server and wanted to mess around with some virtual machines. I installed PVE 7.4 as version 8 would not boot (assuming incompatible with the older hardware) After the...
  2. S

Ceph - 1 subtrees have committed pool target_size_bytes

Hello everyone We have gotten this failure on our 3 nodes cluster and I really don't know how to solve it. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance
  3. B

[SOLVED] Import KVM Snapshots to Proxmox

Hello, I'm excited to share that I've successfully migrated and imported two virtual machines from an existing KVM ovirt environment to a new hyperconverged Proxmox setup, utilizing an external Ceph cluster, which also operates as a KVM environment. Leveraging the Proxmox migration guidelines...
  4. A

Default Partitioning Question

When Proxmox is installed via the installer (UEFI with GRUB / secure boot) it creates three partitions by default. sda1 1007K Bios Parition sda2 512M EFI Parition sda3 Parition for the main data Is there a particular reason that proxmox only has a single joined EFI/Boot partition instead of...
  5. B

[SOLVED] Thin Provisioning in a Ceph Cluster managed by Proxmox

Hello, I have a system landscape where I have set up a ProxmoxVE instance and an external Ceph cluster in Quorum 3. From there, I migrated two VMs, along with their disks, from an already existing oVirt KVM landscape to ProxmoxVE for testing purposes, using the CLI utilities provided by...
  6. N

BlackScreen after importing VM in Proxmox

Hello, I recently imported some VMs into my proxmox cluster, everything works fine except when I start the VM, the VM starts fine but I don't have a GUI and I have no idea (maybe drivers or something..) do you have any idea? Thanks by advance
  7. D

Clone the boot SSD in cluster mode

Hi, I've seen few threads about cloning the boot disks to another disk/SSD, some used clonezilla (which, as of this moment, still having problems cloning the Proxmox boot SSD), some use dd. My problem is a bit different: I have a cluster of 3 nodes (prox,prox2,prox3, I've created the cluster...
  8. A

[SOLVED] Ceph OSD adding issues

Greetings community! After few month of using ceph from Proxmox i decided to add new disk and stuck with this issue. ceph version 17.2.7 (2dd3854d5b35a35486e86e2616727168e244f470) quincy (stable) Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-authtool --gen-print-key Running command: /usr/bin/ceph --cluster...
  9. A

after migration to proxmox , error shows in guest OS

Hi Team , We have 3 node cluster , we recently migrate a vm from our KVM based environment to proxmox. But after migration to proxmox we face issue with guest vm. Our guest vm gives following errors . x_tables autofs4 hid_generic usbhid hid psmouse virtio_net virtio_scsi i2c_piix4 pata_acpi...
  10. D

Jellyfin as an LXC containers can't see subdirectories

I'm running a Proxmox VE with TrueNas Scale VM and Jellyfin as an unprivileged LXC container (installed through tteck's Helper Scripts). I followed this tutorial, minus the docker-compose part, to add media libraries in Truenas to Jellyfin. I mounted the sharename to /mnt/lxc_shares/nas_rwx on...
  11. S

centralized management tools

Hello, I would like to have a centralization tool to be able to manage my servers, compatible with proxmox servers. then I would like to have a procedure for configuring the centralized management tools. THANKS
  12. D

is it possible running hackintosh on proxmox but the client boot the os like in diskless server?

So I was thinking about running mac OS on proxmox virtual, but booting in like diskless mode, so the proxmox server just keeping the image, the client PC load the image in by booting into LAN. in topology kinda looked like this: as you can see above.. is it do-able? anyone done this kind of...
  13. N

Proxmox Storage

Hello, I am new to this forum today, and I already have a question. I switched from ESXI to Proxmox, and the first experiences are already great (I regret not switching sooner). Now I see that 2 partitions are created by default: Local Local-lvm Now I also see that this can be combined into...
  14. A

Hetzner IPv6 /64 Subnetz routing zu pfSense

Hallo zusammen, kurz vorab, habt bitte ein wenig Nachsicht mit mir und Netzwerk :) Ich habe einen Dedicated Server bei Hetzner und möchte das ganze IPv6 Subnetz auf meine pfSense routen, damit ich das dann entsprechend an VMs weiterverteilen kann. Ich nutze das Routed-Setup und habe es auch...
  15. H

Discussion: Proxmox + Ansible = Awesomeness

Hey guys, i am an ansible enthusisast and would like to start a discussion on your usecase and my usecase regarding ansible. I am not an ansible expert but I love utilizing ansible as much as possible. Maybe I can get some ideas and you can get some ideas from me. So here it is: I have a vm...
  16. A

launch vm in prox while it image is not on proxmox

Hello Team , If I setup NFS and copy all vm to it, Can I directly lauch vm in Promox from NFS ?
  17. V

[SOLVED] Proxmox VE + Ceph cluster and two datacenters. Too many objects are misplaced; try again later.

Please help me with your advice. I need to implement fault tolerance at the datacenter level in the Proxmox VE hyperconverged cluster (pve-manager/8.1.4/ec5affc9e41f1d79 (running kernel: 6.5.13-1-pve)) and Ceph Reef 18.2.1. To test future changes, I created a virtual test bench in VirtualBox...
  18. D

Docker to PVE-LXC conversion steps/tool?

Wondering if anyone has a script/directions/etc to convert docker images into Proxmox Compatible LXC containers? Several projects I use are only available as docker containers, and I'd rather run it in an LXC than run docker JUST for them. I've found a few resources online that deal with...
  19. A

Ceph not enter to re-build or rebalance

Hello Team, I have 3 node cluster with pve 8.1.4 and ceph quency 17.2 as shared storage . I shutdown one node and I am expecting that ceph should start rebuilding and re-balancing ceph cluster. But it didn't start. Ceph shows only warning of ods down. When the node boot up it shows...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!