upgrade

1. G

Gpu passthrough

Hi, I acquired some '' old '' component and I want to swap then in my home lab. I'm actually using a i7 2600k and just found a 2700x. But I'm running a window vm in which I passed a 1070ti. I use the igpu from the i7 for proxmox. But here I don't have any with the 2700x. Can I use a second...
  2. X

PMG 7 to 8 | DBI connect failed

Dear forum, a cluster with two nodes was upgraded according to (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/proxmox-mail-gateway-7-8-upgrade-aynur-yilmaz). After that upgrade DBI connection fails: Mar 11 17:13:17 pmg pmgmirror[633]: starting cluster synchronization Mar 11 17:13:17 pmg pmgmirror[633]: sync...
  3. A

Missing network card after upgrade to PBS 3.1.4

Hello! we upgraded two of our PBS servers from 2.x to the current version 3.1.4 and while doing that we encountered an issue. Both servers are identical except that server 1 uses an additional 10G network card while server 2 got a 40G Intel card (XL710-BM2). The first server upgraded without...
  4. J

LSI MegaRAID 9341-4i controller supported in Proxmox VE 8 ?

Hi I'm currently researching in updating from PVE 7.4-17 to 8. I currently have the LSI MegaRAID 9341-4i Raid card installed and is detected and working in proxmox 7 as you can see from the pictures below : When I upgrade to Proxmox 8 should I be worried that my card will not be detected...
  5. Z

PMG: upgrade from 7.3-8 to 8

Hello! I'm trying to upgrade PMG but it seems there's an issue with some repositories. The source.list and source.list.d/pve.list has the following content: deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm main contrib deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates main contrib # security...
  6. M

syslog error in ceph after upgrade to 8.1

recently i upgraded the server to proxmox version 8.1x from 7.x, and found this error message in syslog, kindly advise if this is some kind of error during upgrade ? 2023-12-07T18:35:26.242453+05:30 pve-3 ceph-crash[2036]: 2023-12-07T18:35:26.236+0530 7f83573ff6c0 -1 auth: unable to find a...
  7. S

Hardware ID's Changing, Causing LXC's to have wrong passthrough configuration

Hi All, I've noticed that every time I upgrade my kernel to the latest prod PVE version the ID's on my NVIDIA cards change. I have to alter the configuration file for the LXC's that use video cards manually every time after a ls /dev/nvidia* and ls /dev/dri* to match the changes. Is there a...
  8. K

upgrade from 7 to 8 hangs while importing rpool

Hello.. I am upgrading a standalone server from proxmox 7.4 to 8. I followed the instructions and pve7to8 reported no issues. I've done multiple upgrades from 7 to 8 at work, but this is for a home system, and it's the first time it failed. After the reboot, the OS failed importing rpool...
  9. Z

.raw does not exist after upgrade to Proxmox VE 8.0.4

Hi guys, I was using Proxmox VE version 7 and decided to upgrade to version 8 and for some reason now 2 of my LXC wont start having the following error root@pve:~# pct start 101 volume 'Backups:104/vm-104-disk-0.raw' does not exist This is my config for LXC 101 root@pve:~# cat...
  10. O

Error Connection error 595: Connection refused after Upgrade from Proxmox 5.3-8 to 5.4-2

Please Kindly Help me Solve the Problem, I've been looking through the forum but still can't solve it. I just mistakenly upgraded Proxmox, I used the wrong repository, it should be 'stretch' but I used 'bookworm', and now my Node is broken, every CT can't be accessed from WEB UI (Error...
  11. helojunkie

[SOLVED] One node in cluster going Grey in GUI after upgrading to 8.0.4

I have a 6-node cluster that I recently (two nights ago) upgraded to 8.0.4. This cluster has been going strong with no issues at all until after the upgrade to 8.0.4. The upgrade went smoothly with zero issues at all. Now, one node in the cluster keeps 'greying out' on the GUI. I rebooted the...
  12. B

v7 to v8 upgrade issue

I did a bit of reading and managed to upgrade v7 to 8 on two devices. For some reason the second device didn't work as expected so I'm trying to work out what went wrong. Any help/suggestion you might have would be greatly appreciated.
  13. T

HA Fencing bei Update einer anderen Node

Guten Morgen zusammen, wir hatten letzte Woche einen sehr seltsamen Fall. Wir betreiben seit mehreren Jahren ein 10 Node PVE Cluster (inkl. CEPH) und hatten bis jetzt noch nie nennenswerte Probleme. Das Cluster läuft extrem stabil und wir sind sehr zufrieden. Aber: Wir haben letzte Woche das...
  14. S

[SOLVED] Bootloop after upgrading to PVE 8

Hello, I just upgraded from PVE 7 to 8 following the doc, the check list has no errors nor warnings. However, when rebooting after the upgrade, I tried to login physically, I didn't have time to finish writing the password and it rebooted by itself. Second boot I wrote the password and it...
  15. K

7.4-16 to 8 migration fails

Hello to all awesome proxmox devs and users! I followed the upgrade guide, and during the upgrade (from GUI Updates >_ Upgrade button) the console window exits with the following error: i have not attempted to reboot this node, i fear it will fail to boot in this state. Processing triggers for...
  16. W

Warning from pve-apt-hook when upgrading Proxmox from 7 to 8

Hello. I am attempting to upgrade my server, which I currently have Proxmox installed, from version 7 to 8. I followed the instructions in the official documentation, rewrote the repository from bullseye to bookworm, ran "apt update" and "apt dist-upgrade". However, when I executed "apt...
  17. R

[SOLVED] After Proxmox VE 7 to 8 upgrade - NFS share enabled but not active.

Hello all, I have a small cluster of 3 machines with iSCSI and NFS storages. After upgrading one of the three (upgrade was successful), the PVE GUI put a question mark next to my NFS export. When I clicked on Summary for the NFS export under the node name, it said it was enabled but not...
  18. K

[SOLVED] Updating 7.4-13 fails: The repository 'http://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/pve bullseye InRelease' is no longer signed.

Hi, I'm in the process of upgtading my home lab Proxmox to 8.X but I'm currently running into a problem not being able to update from 7.4-13 to 7.4-15 as the "pve-no-subscription" repositories update fails with: Reading package lists... E: Failed to fetch...
  19. M

PVE hosts package upgrade - Best practice and tips?

Hello everyone. Have a handful of PVE hosts running in a cluster. I was wondering how everyone approached everyday upgrades? Do you wait for kernel or major PVE upgrades to be available, migrate all the VM's, upgrade and full restart? Or do you upgrade smaller packages for the hosts as they...
  20. G

Upgrading OS of containers

I have some proxmox containers running Debian 10, on a machine with PVE 6.4. Now I need to upgrade those to Debian 11 and then 12 (because I need certain recent packages). Can I do it with PVE 6.4? I ask because I know containers use the host's kernel, so I am not sure how this works. Or...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!