proxmox

1. R

I am getting slow speed on proxmox server

Good afternoon, I am a little desperate and need some help, I need to know why when I do a speedtest-cli on the host I have so little speed, "only" I get 450Mbit/s and I should get 920Mbit/s as I have contracted 1gbit and if I do the test in windows I get 920/930Mbits, I have another mini pc...
  2. A

wrong display on ceph space utilization

Hello Team, I have 3 node cluster with Ceph as shared storage and I have only 2 pool in that node cluster. When I see things on GUI "Ceph" it show that Ceph storage is 8.96 TB while when I ran command for different pools I see that total ceph utilisation is about 4.3 TB. So my question is...
  3. V

LXC container backup ends with error

I have a backup for all my containers running against an external s3fs bucket (hosted in iDrive). I also have this script running that, once the backup finishes, it deletes the backup files from the local disk I recently created a new container where I mapped two drives which I use to put the...
  4. T

[SOLVED] I’ve question about grub zfs between upgrade to 8 “bug grub”

Hello, In subject “ GRUB Might Fail To Boot From LVM in UEFI Mode“ https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_7_to_8 If i’ve use ZFS on EFI mode should be not affect boot right ? Could you please suggest. Best Regard.
  5. P

6. W

[SOLVED] Keine IOMMU Groups für PCI Geräte

Guten Tag, zu erst ein paar Infos: Zum System: ASrock b450m pro 4 R2.0 AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 32 GB RAM Proxmox 8.1.10 root@pve-02:~# dmesg | grep -e DMAR -e IOMMU [ 0.379933] pci 0000:00:00.2: AMD-Vi: IOMMU performance counters supported [ 0.381426] pci 0000:00:00.2: AMD-Vi: Found IOMMU cap...
  7. D

Game Servers hosted in ProxMox VM Having Issues

Hello, First time poster, long time frustrationer here. Brief history, I recently encountered a dual HDD failure in my desktop media server machine that was running a RAID5 on an MegaRAID storage controller. I have had a beefy dad center discard server laying in the office for quite some time...
  8. B

[SOLVED] Frage: Proxmox Netzwerk Aufbau

Hallo, ich bin neu in Proxmox und hätte eine Frage zur Netzwerkkonfiguration. Ich möchte einen Proxmox Host wie folgt am Netzwerk anbinden: Der Host verfügt über 4x1Gb Netzwerkanschlüsse. Diese würde ich auf zwei Switches aufteilen (Switch 1 & 2). Diese haben die selbe LACP Konfiguration. Am...
  9. I

AMD Epyc based Single Node or Cluster

I am having a dilemma with my server configuration, namely I have 2 servers running at Home. Problem Statement: I am considering to setup 3 node Proxmox HA Cluster with CEPH considering all 3 nodes with same specs as Server 1 (given below). If I were to do this, what kind of performance gains...
  10. S

Proxmox whit 3 cluster Not possible to use SPICE anymore.

After last cluster add SPICE wont work anymore. i have no idea whats going on it was working whit out any problem. I am not even close to be any pro in this, i maybe just have been lucky to get this setup and working whit out any problem until now. VNC works fine but SPICE never works anymore...
  11. N

Since recent update proxmox keeps crashing

Hi I have been running my bmax pro mini PC for over a year now mainly as a media server for TV/Movies After updating to the latest version of proxmox the system keeps crashing, the error is shown below System specs BMAX B8 Pro mini PC CPU gen12 Intel Core i7-1265U Iris Xe Graphic RAM 24GB...
  12. N

Vlans Networking for Whonix gateway VM

I have installed the whonix gateway as a new VM in proxmox, I was following a YouTube guide but the creator does not seem very responsive. I have Pfsense setup with a WAN 192.168.1 and LAN 10.0.0 which is running fine for my home lab setup, following the Video I have created two VLAN's one for...
  13. J

Proxmox Cluster Terraform

Hello, I am running a couple 20+ node cluster today and we are deploying VMs using terraform (bgp/proxmox) Since as far as we know in the API you have to specify which one of the nodes you want to deploy the VM to we have created a javascript in between Proxmox and terraform that translates...
  14. C

Proxmox Cluster Firewall Minecraft

I've set up a cluster of 3 machines, and have added 5 LXC's for a Minecraft server that I plan to initially expose limited number of users online, those in school Minecraft club. Proxmox has the Firewall at the datacenter level, server level and VM, LXC level. For Minecraft the servers are set...
  15. N

Update/upgrade Proxmox LXC containers

Hello, I have a "Docker LXC" container running on my Proxmox host. I just don't know how, or if it is necessary to update/upgrade it. if so, can anyone tell me how best to update/upgrade it? thanks for the help!
  16. P

Server Unable to Reach Network Post PVE 7.4 Install

Hi all, apologies for my ignorance on this topic, pretty new to Linux / Proxmox. Just recently got my hands on an old Nutanix server and wanted to mess around with some virtual machines. I installed PVE 7.4 as version 8 would not boot (assuming incompatible with the older hardware) After the...
  17. S

Ceph - 1 subtrees have committed pool target_size_bytes

Hello everyone We have gotten this failure on our 3 nodes cluster and I really don't know how to solve it. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance
  18. B

[SOLVED] Import KVM Snapshots to Proxmox

Hello, I'm excited to share that I've successfully migrated and imported two virtual machines from an existing KVM ovirt environment to a new hyperconverged Proxmox setup, utilizing an external Ceph cluster, which also operates as a KVM environment. Leveraging the Proxmox migration guidelines...
  19. A

Default Partitioning Question

When Proxmox is installed via the installer (UEFI with GRUB / secure boot) it creates three partitions by default. sda1 1007K Bios Parition sda2 512M EFI Parition sda3 Parition for the main data Is there a particular reason that proxmox only has a single joined EFI/Boot partition instead of...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!