lsi

1. O

PCIe Passthrough & IOMMU issues

Hi all, first off, I'm a noob and gradually learning this stuff, so thank you ahead of time for your patience and help with getting me through this Secondly, I promise I've spent days researching the answers myself before creating this thread. I've followed the guides, the official docs and I...
  2. E

Best way to monitor MegaRAID controller

Hi there. I have a raid controller LSI MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i 6G in Raid 6 (Installed 4x SATA HDD). What do you recommend for monitoring this raid card. Thanks for help.
  3. G

Slow performance Dell R720 on VMs Windows/Linux

Hi, I have a problem with virtual machines running on pve 7.3.6, namely we migrated from esxi server 6.7 standard, both systems were running on a Dell R720 with E5-2690v2 processors, 512GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz Samsung, 24 Pilant LB 406S 400GB drives and a MegaRAID controller L9460-16i. 22 drives are...
  4. K

[SOLVED] Help with LSI Card

Hey everyone, Been running Proxmox for a little bit now and have a ZFS pool with 10 hard drives in it. My old LSI card died and I replaced it with an LSI 9206-16e and something strange is going on. When I reboot the server I get an error stating "Allocation Failure during SCSI Scanning". The...
  5. C

[SOLVED] proxmox 7 / linux 5.11.22 issue with LSI 2008 controllers?

EDIT: if you are using external enclosures with LSI 2008 based sas cards, you need to add mpt3sas.max_queue_depth=10000 To your kernel boot line in /etc/default/grub or /etc/kernel/cmdline if you are on an efi platform and aren't using efi-grub Hi, I believe I may have found an issue with...
  6. M

spezielles PCIe Passthrough Problem (LSI Controller)

Hi, ich bin vor einigen Jahren von ESX zu Proxmox gewechselt. Das ZFS Feature und die eingebaute Oberfläche haben mich damals zum wechseln gebracht. Bis auf LACP hab ich auch alles zum laufen bekommen. Ich finde auch meinen Fehler nicht, Switch ist richtig eingestellt, weil es bei Freenas auch...
  7. W

HP MicroServer Gen8 LSI 9211 HBA Passthrough (Proxmox 6.2)

Hello all, I’m new around here and new to Proxmox. Fantastic work by all those involved, keep it up! I have been scouring the Internet and in particular this forum and the Proxmox subreddit, but cannot find a definitive answer on how or if PCIe passthrough works on the HP Gen8 MicroServer. I...
  8. A

Install Proxmox on LSI MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i

Hello everyone, I have a Chinese server brand INSPUR model NF5170M4. The factory comes with a LSI MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i adapter. I have tried insanely to install several versions of the proxmox, 5.2, 5.4 and 4.4, and I always have the same error. I have created RAID type 6 and 5 and always with...
  9. O

Proxmox Install - HDDs not Detected

Hi everyone, I have a Dell Power Edge T610 server that I want to install PROXMOX using ZFS. I have four 1TB hard drives that I want to use, I flashed an H310 card I found to IT mode LSI using this guide Everything went well, no errors, no issues. I used this guide as the H310 card came from...
  10. C

[SOLVED] Dell H200 IT Mode - No disks

Hello Forum! I bought a Dell Perc H200 flashed into IT mode (LSI 9211-8I IT-MODE) from ebay. I thought it would be a plug and play in my Dell T610. But unfortunately no drives show up in lsblk nor fdisk -l. He said he used it before in a Fujutsu RX300. lspci -vmmnn gives me amongst others...
  11. A

SSDs: volume with h/w RAID or ZFS?

Keep at my hands nice modern server with 4 SSDs on board, I still can't find the better way to utilize it. I can use built-in h/w RAID controller (LSI card, with cache and BBU, not sure for model) and build, say, RAID10 out of these disks. Or I can export these disks as 4 independent volumes...
  12. G

Cannot boot Proxmox after Single Drive Chosen ZFS Raid 0

So the story goes, I have been using Proxmox on my IBM X3200 M3 with LSI ServeRAID M5014 and a single 1tb hard drive plus 32gb ram. It has been running amazing for the past year(Hats off to Proxmox!), so I decided to muster my courage and grabbed another server (IBM X3400 M3 also with LSI...
  13. C

Trouble with new install on HW raid

I'm setting up a new server with proxmox 5, I ran some tests on a older machine and finally got my new one today. I'm using an IBM Thinksystem SR550 It has 2 raid controllers, 1. M.2 riser kit on motherboard (2x 32Gb Raid 1) 2. Thinksystem raid 930-8i 2Gb cache (shows up in lspci as: LSI...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!