freeze

1. U

MSSQL Instanzen frieren ein

Hallo, wir haben mehrere MSSQL-Instanzen, die sporadisch und nicht reproduzierbar immer mal wieder einfrieren. Per VNC kann dann noch die Maus bewegt werden. - Die Serverzeit bleibt stehen - Kein Login (STRG+ALT+ENT) möglich - Keine Logs in der VM werden geschrieben - Egal ob lokaler ZFS oder...
  2. V

ProxMox host freezes, needs hard reboot

Hi all, I'm reinstalling proxMox on a PC, and simply put it freezes after a few hours staying idle. The machine I've installed it has been my desktop Windows PC for a couple of years, during which I've never seen anything like this happening. Here are the hardware specs: Motherboard Gigabyte...
  3. N

VM Hight Usage RAM, CPU and Freeeze After that

I have a VM for a database, I checked the summary for CPU usage of 90% and above. But when I checked from within the OS with free -h the RAM usage was only 25GB out of the total 128GB. Then suddenly my VM froze 100% and couldn't be accessed. I restarted the VM and it was running again, but I...
  4. F

pveproxy keep restarting cause my server to freeze on proxmox

The problem i have with this server is the hardware and the OS is running but after 2 days on 10/02/2023 it just crash already gain more times i could remember and it just freeze and doesn't run. i would have to manually power off the power the server itself for it to work again. (please note...
  5. M

[Feature request] - Watchdog for standalone hosts - or workaround

I'm on latest update and have a frozen hosts every few hours. My host is standalone and would appreciate when there would be an option to reboot automatically. Thread for such a problem It doesn't replace analysis but I had same issue with some changes a while back and it got solved by an...
  6. B

Host freezt komplett

Liebe alle, ich habe zwei NUC 12 Pro als Cluster mit identischer Ausstattung: i3-1220P, 64GB DDR4, 2TB Kingston DC600M, ZFS, Proxmox 8.1.4 Es laufen einige alte Virtuelle Maschinen und Container, die ich bereits auf den neuen Cluster umgezogen habe -- problemlos. Seit ich aber einen...
  7. W

Proxmox "crashing"/hanging randomly

Hi, I have this issue that Proxmox crashes/hangs randomly, the weird thing is that the machine is physically running but is unavailable. I'm attaching the log (hopefully the correct way) of the last run (I omitted first few seconds after start so it isn't too log) that only lasted a few hours...
  8. S

After 100% read while restoring it gets stuck/freeze, any version, vm, proxmox.

Hi, I have problem with restoring my vms into new proxmox 8 and now I am on 7.4 version, but there is no problem with versions, because even when I wanted to try restore on original proxmox, where backup was done, it never finish. I start restore option, than it reads to 100%, than all qm get...
  9. G

Workaround for fsfreeze/fsthaw ZFS 2.2 freezing drives with iothread

Proxmox 8.1.3 (proxmox 8.0.x is working properly in this case) ZFS 2.2.x Snapshot VM with enabled qemu-gest -> frozen drive(s) inside VM (both win and lin) Workarounds: 1. Disable iothread option on the SCSI drives (worse performance) OR 2. "Pause" the VM for the snapshot moment (this will...
  10. R

[SOLVED] Windows VM freezes in the backup process

We're having a problem with the VM freezing when the backup process is running. The VM in question is Windows Server 2016 with IIS. We have more than 500 VMs running, with different types of OS, and none of them have this symptom. Below is the VM configuration and PVE host version agent: 1...
  11. D

[SOLVED] PVE 8.0.3 freezes on NUC11, two identical nodes, problem follows only one installation

So I have currently two identical Intel NUC11PAHi3 running as nodes for testing, no VMs, LXCs only. This is my first Proxmox experience and also with this forum, I am afraid this will be a lonely post that no one replies to from what I found (similar to my situation): >...
  12. E

Problems with upgrade. The CPU reaches critical temperature during boot

Hi, I updated to the latest version of proxmox on the following HW: Supermicro X10DRW-i + 2x 2686v4 + 128GB RAM The problem is the following: Boot freezes as shown. The temperature of the processors reaches the critical level. If I boot without OS, the server remains active for a long time. I...
  13. E

[SOLVED] Win11 VM freezes - (lapic timer period limited)

Hello there, I'm new here and I start off with something that I haven't managed to find, but maybe I just can't search good enough. For a few weeks, I've been haunted by strange Win11 VM freezes, what happens is the most awkward OS freeze I've ever seen. The sound just stops to silence, no...
  14. R

Systemctl and docker running slow on the lxc container

Hello, there is a problem with LXC containers on my setup. When trying to use docker or use systemctl, the executables are just freezing for a couple minutes without cmd output. lscpu Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Address sizes: 48 bits...
  15. N

Storage replication hangs regulary

Hey together :-) ! We have a setup of 23 hosts and a bunch of LXCs running on them. We are using the replication feature to replicate all ZFS resources. Everything beautiful! But regularly we face the problem, that something freezes. When this happens, we find the following state: - LXC doing...
  16. S

Proxmox keeps freezing, out of options

HI Guys, My Proxmox is freezing and need a reboot every 4 / 5 hours, even with low cpu load. What i've tried so far: - Switched the NVME's (they are in raid1 2x 2TB, also tried without raid, same issue) - Switched the RAM modules - Reinstalled proxmox with 7.4 - Reinstalled proxmox with 8.0 -...
  17. R

[SOLVED] Live migration causes freeze on VM

I have a cluster with 6 nodes running on version 7.4, all nodes are Dell PowerEdge R630 and now I needed to add the seventh node which is Dell PowerEdge R640. Live migration from a VM residing on a R630 host to R640 goes fine, but when migrating from the new R640 host to R630 the VM...
  18. G

Proxmox 8 freeze and error message

Hi all, I have a strange behavior on my Proxmox VE. The whole system freeze after some time of "idle", meaning I do not interact with it, but my VMs are still running. Sometimes after 1 hour sometimes after 24 hours. I am not really able to find the issue in the logs most probably because I...
  19. N

One of my Proxmox Nodes suddenly keeps randomly freezing (Pre and Post PVE8 Upgrade)

Hello guys, I've been trying to find the cause of random freezing of one of my Proxmox Nodes for a week now, but I cant find anything, as I havent done something like this up until now. Here is the output of journalctl -b -1 and the general Syslog before the failure attached. Also here as a...
  20. P

PVE 7.4 Host Freeze randomly

CPU: AMD R9 5900HX MEM: 32G it just freeze randomly, might be in couple of hours or miniutes after boots. couple days ago, i found it would got 100% freeze, if i move vm disk from one physical disk to another. but i think i fixed it by changing dirty* options in /etc/sysctl.conf still get...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!