New 2.6.32 Kernel for Proxmox VE 2.1 stable

Thanks. I installed it on both nodes and there are no packet losses when I try to ping between the two nodes.
I see that you use ixgbe version 3.10.16, presumably with a patch.
Do you plan to release it in the stable branch soon?

By the way, I see messages at boot time like
Jul 19 09:43:10 monetbase dlm_controld[2431]: dlm_controld 1324544458 started
Jul 19 09:43:11 monetbase kernel: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
Jul 19 09:43:11 monetbase kernel: dlm: Using TCP for communications
Jul 19 09:43:11 monetbase kernel: dlm: rgmanager: group join failed -1 -1
Jul 19 09:43:11 monetbase dlm_controld[2431]: dlm_join_lockspace no fence domain
Jul 19 09:43:11 monetbase dlm_controld[2431]: process_uevent online@ error -1 er

They also occur with kernel 2.6.32-12-pve. I suspect this is related to fencing which I haven't set up yet. The web interface runs fine and I can properly live-migrate my test client.

I am getting random freezes with pve-kernel-2.6.32-12-pve every couple of hours requiring a reboot. It's a 3 year old MSI MS-9232 1 RU server (e1000 nic Intel 82573L) which I use for testing. I reinstalled with pve-kernel-2.6.32-11-pve and it seems stable again. With the pve-kernel-2.6.32-12-pve kernel it will eventually lock up just sitting there doing nothing. When I do lsmod I don't see the igb.lo loaded.

Finally found out what my problem was:

http://serverfault.com/questions/19...rking-driver-problems-galore-where-do-i-start

Several adapters with the 82573 chipset display "TX unit hang" messages during normal operation with the e1000 driver. The issue appears both with TSO enabled and disabled, and is caused by a power management function that is enabled in the EEPROM. Early releases of the chipsets to vendors had the EEPROM bit that enabled the feature. After the issue was discovered newer adapters were released with the feature disabled in the EEPROM.

The fix is at the bottom of the linked page, and what a difference it made!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!