New 2.6.32 Kernel for Proxmox VE 2.1 stable

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
We just moved our latest kernel to the stable repository. This one is based on the latest stable OpenVZ kernel.

Release notes

- pve-kernel-2.6.32-12-pve: 2.6.32-68

• update to vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab055.10.src.rpm
  • increase API version to 12-pve
  • remove megaraid_sas-mask-off-flags-in-ioctl-path.patch (now upstream)
  • update e1000e to 1.11.3
  • update igb to 3.4.7
  • update ixgbe to 3.9.15

no. 1.9 is outdated, plan the upgrade.

We just moved our latest kernel to the stable repository. This one is based on the latest stable OpenVZ kernel.

Release notes

• update igb to 3.4.7
  • update ixgbe to 3.9.15

Thanks very much, but where can I find the sources?
The repository @ https://git.proxmox.com/?o=age seems to be outdated...

Best regards,
Soal

1. How to update? I have run apt-get update and upgrade but still 2.6.32-11-pve listed
2. Do you provide this Update in Web Interface? Such as tick to automatically update
3. Do you provide which update list selected? Such as, update to: latest or stable version? So admin can choose latest version for their dev server while stable was choosen for production server

Release notes

• update igb to 3.4.7
  • update ixgbe to 3.9.15

Hello,

I just did the upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1 and now we are having seemingly random TCP connection issues.
While most users access network resources without any problem, others are experiencing timeouts on various services such as proxy, http, smtp, etc.
Tcpdump shows that the TCP SYN packets are going unanswered.
Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Today I made ​​a fresh install of Proxmox 2.0 on a Intel Modular Server, and when I upgraded the kernel to version 2.6.32-12 the network has stopped working.

I restarted with the 2.6.32-11 kernel and the network has become operational. I think it's a bug.

Someone with an IMS could confirm this?

Hello

Today I made ​​a fresh install of Proxmox 2.0 on a Intel Modular Server, and when I upgraded the kernel to version 2.6.32-12 the network has stopped working.

I restarted with the 2.6.32-11 kernel and the network has become operational. I think it's a bug.

Someone with an IMS could confirm this?

Faced with the same problem on a Dell R610 server, I tried ALL the 2.6.32 kernels (including the 2.6.32-11) with no luck at all. I had to downgrade to Proxmox 1.9 to get the darned thing working again !

Last edited:
Here's the Output from
- Remote Serial Console
- Remote KVM

---
Code:
Build 086 (WfM 2                                                                                                                                                        
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset                                                               
 node 0 0000000000000000-0000000460000000                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset                                                                                                       
Hierarchical RCU implementation..                                                                                                                                       NR_IRQS:33024 nr_irqs:880                                                                                                                                               
Extended CMOS year: 2000ODUCT          REVISION   SIZE \ NV                                                                                                             
Console: colour VGA+ 80x25------------ ---------- ---------                                                                                                             console [tty0] enabledMulti-Flex0GHz st0308ng 0a      10 GB                                                                                                             
console [ttyS0] enabledulti-FlexCore2 e0308           10 GB                                                                                                             hpet clockevent registered064E-IR      1.30.00.00  NV 2D:00                                                                                                             
Fast TSC calibration using PIT                                                                                                                                          
Detected 2493.691 MHz processor.                                                                                                                                        Calibrating delay loop (skipped), value calculated using timer frequency.. 4987.38 BogoMIPS (lpj=2493691)                                                               
pid_max: default: 1048576 minimum: 301ff                                                                                                                                Dentry cache hash table entries: 2097152 (order: 12, 16777216 bytes)                                                                                                    
Inode-cache hash table entries: 1048576 (order: 11, 8388608 bytes)                                                                                                      
Mount-cache hash table entries: 256                                                                                                                                     Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 Ok.                                                                                                                  
Initializing cgroup subs counter.                                                                                                                                       Booting Node   0, Processors  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 Ok.                                                                                                                  
Brought up 8 CPUsytes                                                                                                                                                   
Total of 8 processors activated (39900.14 BogoMIPS).                                                                                                                    
sizeof(vma)=200 byteses                                                                                                                                                 
sizeof(page)=64 bytestes                                                                                                                                                
sizeof(inode)=664 bytes515)                                                                                                                                             
sizeof(dentry)=216 bytesst length (0x6) larger than NumEl]                                                                                                              
sizeof(ext3inode)=872 bytes mmio: [0xb8b00000-0xb8b0ffff]ff]                                                                                                            
sizeof(buffer_head)=104 bytes80 MHz counter                                                                                                                             
sizeof(skbuff)=264 bytes                                                                                                                                                
sizeof(task_struct)=2744 bytesdow [io  d entries: 65536 (order: 8, 1048576 bytes)                                                                                       
devtmpfs: initializedigured (established 524288 bind 65536)                                                                                                             
regulatorrning: Package List length (0x6) larger than NumElements count (f]                                                                                             
pci 0000:04:00.0: supports D1 D21                                                                                                                                       
pci 0000:04:00.0: disablin PCI Interrupt Link [LNKB] (IRQs 5 7 10 *11)                                                                                                  
ACPI: PCI Interrupf]ot video device                                                                                                                                     
pci 0000:08:00.0: BAR 6: no parent found for of device [0xff88 bind 65536)                                                                                              
TCP reno registeredry: 15728k freed                                                                                                                                     
NET: Registered protocol family 1t (disabled)                                                                                                                           
pci 0000:00:1f.0: rerouting interrupts for [8086:2670]                                                                                                                  
pci 0000:0c:0c.0: Boot video devicecooling_device1                                                                                                                      
Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...vice2                                                                                                                      
Freeing initrd memory: 15728k freedcooling_device3                                                                                                                      
audit: initializing netlink socket (disabled)vice4                                                                                                                      
type=2000 audit(1ered as cooling_device0ng_device5                                                                                                                      
processor LNXCPU:01: registered as cooling_device1                                                                                                                      
processor LNXCPU:02: registered as cooling_device2                                                                                                                      
processor LNXCPU:03: registered as cooling_device3                                                                                                                      
processor LNXCPU:04: registered as cooling_device4ort is initialized.                                                                                                   
processor LNXCPU:05: registered as cooling_device5_OSC.                                                                                                                 
processor LNXCPU:06: registered as cooling_device6                                                                                                                      
processor LNXCPU:07: registered as cooling_device7                                                                                                                      
ERST: Could not register with persistent store                                                                                                                          
ERST: Error Record Serialization Table (ERST) support is initialized.                                                                                                   
GHES: APEI firmware first mode is enabled by WHEA _OSC.                                                                                                                 
Non-volatile memory driver v1.3                                                                                                                                         
Linux agpgart interface v0.103                                                                                                                                          
crash memory driver: version 1.1hosen from 1 choice                                                                                                                     
Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 4 ports, IRQ sharing enabled                                                                                                                 
�serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 0) is a 16550A                                                                                                                   
brd: modub usb4: SerialNumber: 0000:00:1d.2(level, low) -> IRQ 22                                                                                                       
usb usb4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice 64                                                                                                                      
hub 4-0:1.0: USB hub foundI Host Controller                                                                                                                             
hub 4-0:1.0: 2 ports detectediver hiddev                                                                                                                                
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.3: PCI INT D -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 22                                                                                                       
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.3: setting latency timer vernor ladder                                                                                                              
cpuidle: using governor menu                                                                                                                                            
usbcore: registered new interface driver hiddev                                                                                                                         
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid                                                                                                                         
usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver                                                                                                                                        
TCP cubic registered                                                                                                                                                    
Initializing XFRM netlink socketgister_driver+0x56/0xd0                                                                                                                 
NET: Registered protocoDR7: 00000000000004000/0x43 [e1000e]                                                                                                             
Process modprobe (pid: 221, veid: 0, thre1/0x4a0x43 [e1000e]                                                                                                            
 [<ffffffff812880f6>] ? __pci_register_driver+0x56/0xd0                                                                                                                 
 [<ffffffffa0041000>] ? e1000_init_module+0x0/0x43 [e1000e]                                                                                                             
 [<ffffffffa0041041>] ? e1000_init_module+0x41/0x43 [e1000e]                                                                                                            
 [<ffffffff8100204c>] ? do_one_initcall+0x3c/0x1d0                                                                                                                      
 [<ffffffff810bd89f>] ? sys_init_module+0xdf/0x260                                                                                                                      
 [<ffffffff8100b182>] ? system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b

IMS-e1000e-kernel-panic1.png

I have a Chasis MFSYS25V2 with two MFS5520VI Compute Module. Each module have two Xeon CPU E5645 at 2.40GHz with 32GB of RAM (4x8GB) and with Dual Gigabit Ethernet I/O Expansion Mezzanine Card

With the kernel 2.6.32-11 I have problems with flapping network.

Details of network configuration:
BOND Type: 802.3ad - Each card to a diferent switch
bond0 -> eth0 and eth2
bond1 -> eth1 and eth3

bond0 have one private IP to access Proxmox VE Web.
bond1 have various VLANs

Each VLAN is in a vmbr bridge.

The problem with the network is only in the bond1 interface that have VLAN configuration. bond0 always work.

Does not apply for me. I haven't 82574 network card. I have 82575.

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Network Connection (rev 02)
01:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Network Connection (rev 02)
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Network Connection (rev 02)
05:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Network Connection (rev 02)

I have the following line in all ethernet cards and in all compute module.

0x0010 60 10 ff ff 6f 24 e8 34 86 80 a7 10 86 80 4b b7
^^

I haven't "58" or "5a" at offset 0x001e.

I can confirm this bug on 2.6.31-12.
Downgrade to 2.6.31-11 solve the issue. Seems like the it won't propagage the vlan tagged traffic to the bond sub-inteface (bondx.y).
It can be tested with tcp dump:

tcpdump -i bond0 vlan X (show traffic)

tcpdump -i bond0.X (don't show traffic)

I've a Fujitsu-Siemens Blade Server populated with BX920 S2 with mezzanine cards (4+4 GbE).

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection (rev 02)
01:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection (rev 02)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection (rev 02)
02:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection (rev 02)
10:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection (rev 02)
10:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection (rev 02)
20:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection (rev 02)
20:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Backplane Connection (rev 02)

I have a Chasis MFSYS25V2 with two MFS5520VI Compute Module. Each module have two Xeon CPU E5645 at 2.40GHz with 32GB of RAM (4x8GB) and with Dual Gigabit Ethernet I/O Expansion Mezzanine Card

With the kernel 2.6.32-11 I have problems with flapping network.

Details of network configuration:
BOND Type: 802.3ad - Each card to a diferent switch
bond0 -> eth0 and eth2
bond1 -> eth1 and eth3

bond0 have one private IP to access Proxmox VE Web.
bond1 have various VLANs

Each VLAN is in a vmbr bridge.

The problem with the network is only in the bond1 interface that have VLAN configuration. bond0 always work.

Last edited:
No, does not apply for me. Stumpled at this patch at my Investigantion 4 weeks ago too. At my site is 82571EB

05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 80003ES2LAN Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Serdes) (rev 01)
05:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 80003ES2LAN Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Serdes) (rev 01)
08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
08:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)

Hello,
I upgraded yesterday:

pveversion -v
pve-manager: 2.1-5 (pve-manager/2.1/0fa60f36)
running kernel: 2.6.32-12-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.1-68
pve-kernel-2.6.32-12-pve: 2.6.32-68
pve-kernel-2.6.32-7-pve: 2.6.32-60
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.3-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.8-3
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.7-2
pve-cluster: 1.0-27
qemu-server: 2.0-40
pve-firmware: 1.0-16
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-28
libpve-access-control: 1.0-22
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-20
vncterm: 1.0-2
vzctl: 3.0.30-2pve5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.12-3
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.1-2
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

And I began receiving kernel oops this morning (attached). Please advise. Thanks.
Richard

Attachments

• Proxmox 2.1-5 oops.txt
    9 KB · Views: 73

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!