GUI Cluster & Updates

dank

Nov 18, 2011
Hi,

I have here a cluster of 5 nodes (all running the same version 2.0 of proxmox). After one week, one of the cluster nodes was not accessibly by the ui. The vm's were already running. The kernelog says:

kernel: Neighbour table overflow.
kernel: __ratelimit: 62 callbacks suppressed

As mentioned in some forums, I increased the threshholds.
After this, I restarted cman. Anyway, the node is not accessable by the ui.

After this, I made a complete upgrade of the cluster to version 2.1 (without a restart of the cluster nodes). The result: No other node than the UI nodeis accessable by the gui. But the vms are running.

The cluster itself looks ok. pvecm status means

pvecm status
Version: 6.2.0
Config Version: 9
Cluster Name: pimi-cluster
Cluster Id: 45492
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 4236
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 5
Expected votes: 5
Total votes: 5
Node votes: 1
Quorum: 3
Active subsystems: 5
Flags:
Ports Bound: 0
Node name: node03
Node ID: 3

Is there any way to get the gui running (without a restart of the cluster nodes and a shutdown of my vms)?

Regards
Daniel

Yes, networking is running. All vms are accessable from outside. The access from on clusternode the another does also work.

No, no change.

Is there a connection problem between the proxmox services? Can I reset them manually? Similar to a reboot.

The following stops/restarts all involved services:

# /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
# /etc/init.d/pvedaemon stop
# /etc/init.d/pve-cluster stop
# /etc/init.d/pve-cluster start
# /etc/init.d/pvedaemon start
# /etc/init.d/apache2 start

Perfect!!!

That's what I'm looking for :). I tried a restart of some of the services before. But, it looks there are depencies between them. Now, my cluster have a running GUI without a reboot.

You should think about an automatic restarts of this services aftern an update.

Regards
Daniel

And shutdown before? As mentioned, I made an update shortly before. After this, the gui mades the trouble.

However, now it is running. Thank you again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!