Installation problem :"This kernel required x86-64 Cpu but only detected an i686 Cpu"

M

Murat Salih

I tried to read all forum threads but still i cant find any posts that meets my situation
when i tried to install proxmox 1.7.5235.5 on my server computer, it has stopped and says the following message . " This kernel required x86-64 Cpu but only detected an i686 Cpu"
Some thread suggests " turn on virtualization tab on your bios" , but my bios has no virtualization option.

what should i do for this situation ?

Not: Motherboard : Intel Bryson SE7501BR2
CPU : 2x Intel Xeon, 2800 MHz

Re: Installation problem :"This kernel required x86-64 Cpu but only detected an i686

I tried to read all forum threads but still i cant find any posts that meets my situation
when i tried to install proxmox 1.7.5235.5 on my server computer, it has stopped and says the following message . " This kernel required x86-64 Cpu but only detected an i686 Cpu"
Some thread suggests " turn on virtualization tab on your bios" , but my bios has no virtualization option.

what should i do for this situation ?

Not: Motherboard : Intel Bryson SE7501BR2
CPU : 2x Intel Xeon, 2800 MHz

It looks like your CPU´s does not have the 64-bit extension (EMT64 or Intel 64) and also no Intel VT (so you cannot use KVM, only OpenVZ)

Please give the detailed processor number.
(to check processor features, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64)

Looks like you need a new server if you want to use Proxmox VE.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!