Proxmox Android client - UPDATE: Version BETA released

Re: Proxmox Android client - UPGRADE: Version ALPHA released

Unfortunately Android does not support the Java-Script that Proxmox uses so we can't use the console.

The Proxmox Console use java (not Java-Script). Anyways, all you need to implement the console is a working VNC client. Not sure if such thing exists on Andriod.

Anyways, all you need to implement the console is a working VNC client. Not sure if such thing exists on Andriod.

They should do... Never looked, but given the number of RDP clients, I'd be very surprised if no one has ported an open source VNC client.

Edit: Just did a quick search - found http://code.google.com/p/android-vnc-viewer/
Might be worth looking at that and seeing if it can be manipulated into your client.

Last edited:

The Proxmox Console use java (not Java-Script). Anyways, all you need to implement the console is a working VNC client. Not sure if such thing exists on Andriod.

We already thought to implement Proxmox Console in our client, and as you suggested the idea was to redirect to a good working (and possibily free) VNC client, passing it all necessary data to open a connection.
By the moment you expressely asked for this, maybe we'll move this feature up in priority.

Cheers!

Hi,

A small bug found in VMStatsActivity: The reading Cpu should be named Cpu Usage and also the returned value should be formated to: x[y[z]].h%

Apart from the above it would be a god idea if all the readings was formatted the way used in the PVE web interface. Eg. memory usage in KB, MB, GB and time readings in days, hours, minuts and seconds.

A nice feature would be if
VMStatsActivity when showing VM Details could be configured to reload automatically.

Apart from that thumbs up:)

Michael.

Hi,

A small bug found in VMStatsActivity: The reading Cpu should be named Cpu Usage and also the returned value should be formated to: x[y[z]].h%

Apart from the above it would be a god idea if all the readings was formatted the way used in the PVE web interface. Eg. memory usage in KB, MB, GB and time readings in days, hours, minuts and seconds.

A nice feature would be if
VMStatsActivity when showing VM Details could be configured to reload automatically.

Apart from that thumbs up:)

Michael.

Hi Michael!

You're right, machine stats can't stay like that, this is a rude form of details, soon we'll format them in a better way.
About automatically update details, this client is based on Json api, this means that there's a Http client created in its own thread that makes a request to the Proxmox server and shows the resulting string. Constantly update means that we have to leave an Http client open for periodic request, or constant creation of this client, in both cases i'm not sure it's a good idea for smartphones resources. We'll check if there's a way :)

Greetings!
Pietro

Last edited:

Hi dietmar
during our development on Android App we cant understand so much the value for VM Statistic returned from the JSON API, for example:
Using JSON API:
"diskread":"6112047"
"diskwrite":"361057"
Using "qEmu Monitor" (cli command: "info blockstats")

rd_bytes=317928960wr_bytes=57402368

How can we read this value as VM Statistic? (The same question is related to network)
Many thanks for helping us.

Hi,

New version with better readability of VM stats available, you can find it here: http://quadprox-mobile.googlecode.com/files/QuadProxMobile1.0alpha2_1.apk.

As Dimitri was saying, we have problems in understanding values about network traffic and disk io. As soon as we know more about them we'll add these too to VM stats view. Or maybe we'll move this stats to some graphs we'll try to implement.

Pietro

Last edited:

New version with better readability of VM stats available, you can find it here: http://quadprox-mobile.googlecode.com/files/QuadProxMobile1.0alpha2_1.apk.

As Dimitri was saying, we have problems in understanding values about network traffic and disk io. As soon as we know more about them we'll add these too to VM stats view. Or maybe we'll move this stats to some graphs we'll try to implement.

Pietro
This is a great improvement:D

A suggestion: If possible it could be very convenient if the notes for each VM were available. The user would then have the choice of entering specific details for each VM and be able to read these details on the mobile device. Reason: As the number of VM's increases it can be very hard to remember the details for each and every VM.

Keep up the god work ;)

How can we read this value as VM Statistic? (The same question is related to network)

Sorry, I do not really get that question -there is no api for 'info blockstat'.

Sorry, I do not really get that question -there is no api for 'info blockstat'.

Hi Dietmar
what i want to say is using this kind of api: "/api2/json/nodes/quadprox/qemu/105/status/current" we have a json string, in this string we can found some information and statistics about a VM. For our App we need to understand what unit type is "diskread" e "diskwrite", is the total read/write in byte/sec or something alse?
Many thanks for help

This is a great improvement:D

A suggestion: If possible it could be very convenient if the notes for each VM were available. The user would then have the choice of entering specific details for each VM and be able to read these details on the mobile device. Reason: As the number of VM's increases it can be very hard to remember the details for each and every VM.

Keep up the god work ;)

Notes added: http://quadprox-mobile.googlecode.com/files/QuadProxMobile1.0alpha2_2.apk ;)

Thank you Dimitri for you work. What development environment (if any) are you using to develop quadprox-mobile?
I ask you because I'd like to add some features and I'm completely new to android development.

Thanks

Thank you Dimitri for you work. What development environment (if any) are you using to develop quadprox-mobile?
I ask you because I'd like to add some features and I'm completely new to android development.

Thanks

Hi Caracolla
Thanks to you but i'm a coworker of Pietro and is only to thanks Pietro for developing of QuadProx-Mobile :) As i know he use Eclipse and Android SDK if you want to add new feature please post it and share suggestion with Pietro.
I say that because the our roadmap now is focus on:
- Create new Layout
- Improve Feature for VM

So please share your idea
Bye

Thanks

Yes, i'm using Eclipse+ADT plugin. If you need more info take a look on official android dev page: http://developer.android.com/tools/index.html

This should get very interesting as the latest batch of $199 tablets (Nexus 7, Kindle Fire 2) start to ship.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!