Windows NT 4.0 sp6 on Proxmox VE 2.0 and mouse synchronization

giner

Oct 14, 2009
Tokyo
[SOLVED] Windows NT 4.0 sp6 on Proxmox VE 2.0 and mouse synchronization

Hello everybody,

In order to upgrade some old hardware we have decided to move our "Windows NT 4.0" with very old software to the Proxmox VE. I've managed to configure Video and Network but there is one problem still unresolved - mouse synchronization while using remote control (I have tried both web-browser client and standalone VNC client). Unfortunatelly "-usbdevice tablet" doesn't work for Windows NT 4.0. I Have also tried to find VNC with "mouse grabbing" option but haven't manage to find any. The only idea I have currently is to install VNC server inside "Windows NT 4.0" but that solution is a kind of work around and not very stable (most of modern VNC servers doesn't work in Windows NT 4.0).

So, I'd like to ask the community if someone has a similar experience and can share any ideas how to get local and remote mouse cursors synchronized? Thank you!

Best regards,
Stanislav

Last edited:
Re: SOLVED: Windows NT 4.0 sp6 on Proxmox VE 2.0 and mouse synchronization

How to rename the thread? I'd like to add [SOLVED] at the beginning.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!