[SOLVED] Automated Installation

Gortosch

Jan 13, 2022
Hello,

I am currently trying to create an "Automated Installation" ISO with the article.
However, I get the error message “The source ISO file is not able to be installed automatically. Please try a more current one.” after executing
Bash:
sudo proxmox-auto-install-assistant prepare-iso --fetch-from iso --answer-file ./answer.toml ./proxmox-ve_8.2-1.iso

I am using the official ISO proxmox-ve_8.2-1.iso.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much.

With kind regards
Sven

Hey,

could you run sha256sum proxmox-ve_8.2-1.iso and check if it matches the checksum on [1]? Also, you don't need sudo for this, but that shouldn't matter.

The output should look like this
Code:
d99d182a0df4ba94c27668d3e33d14cc286d775a7bdf571a86c24ea522009e93  proxmox-ve_8.2-1.iso

[1] https://proxmox.com/en/downloads

Hello Hannes,

thank you for your quick reply. I only used sudo for a test. (The famous straw)

Bash:
sha256sum proxmox-ve_8.2-1.iso
d99d182a0df4ba94c27668d3e33d14cc286d775a7bdf571a86c24ea522009e93  proxmox-ve_8.2-1.iso

The hash seems to fit.

Best regards,
Sven

think you missed the path to the iso file.. according to the command it should be like this "prepare-iso /path/to/source.iso" in your case it would be

Code:
sudo proxmox-auto-install-assistant prepare-iso /path/to/proxmox-ve_8.2-1.iso --fetch-from iso --answer-file ./answer.toml

Hello,

I have already tried that too.
Bash:
~/shares/iso$ proxmox-auto-install-assistant prepare-iso ./proxmox-ve_8.2-1.iso --fetch-from iso --answer-file ./answer.toml
The source ISO file is not able to be installed automatically. Please try a more current one.
Or have I misunderstood you?

It works. The ISO was on a share drive. That must not be the case. I copied the ISO locally and it worked immediately. Many thanks to all of you.

Thanks to the Proxmox team for making this feature possible.

I was wondering if it is possible to use the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) obtained from option 81 of the DHCP. Is this already implemented? If not, would it be added as a feature request?

For example:

[global

fqdn = "from-dhcp"
timezone = “from-dhcp”

Additionally, another alternative is to use option 12 for the hostname and option 15 for the domain. This would avoid the need for a split function, making it easier to create a config template. Option 101 could also be helpful for the timezone.

@Hannes Laimer

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!