Kernel 6.5.13-4 failed to boot

Same here. Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2388G CPU @ 3.20GHz I had to manually boot to the previous kernel. Waiting for a fix on this..

Thanks, already done - after trying to remove the -4-pve in a first step, which wasn't working (error message: Kernel '6.5.13-4-pve' not found in manual kernel list) ...
you have to go to a previous version of the package I think it was something like

Code:
apt install proxmox-kernel-6.5=6.5.13-3

Hm, looks like 6.5.13-4 has been withdrawn from the current update repo. On systems with a not up-to-date patchlevel it’s not offered anymore for installation.
Still seeing it here:

Code:
3 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.
root@pve-r5:~# apt list --upgradable
Listing... Done
proxmox-headers-6.5/stable,stable 6.5.13-4 all [upgradable from: 6.5.13-3]
proxmox-kernel-6.5/stable,stable 6.5.13-4 all [upgradable from: 6.5.13-3]
pve-esxi-import-tools/stable,stable 0.6.1 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.6.0]

Reactions: fromport
Still seeing it here:

Code:
3 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.
root@pve-r5:~# apt list --upgradable
Listing... Done
proxmox-headers-6.5/stable,stable 6.5.13-4 all [upgradable from: 6.5.13-3]
proxmox-kernel-6.5/stable,stable 6.5.13-4 all [upgradable from: 6.5.13-3]
pve-esxi-import-tools/stable,stable 0.6.1 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.6.0]
Did you run a „fresh“ apt update before? Don’t see it anymore on other systems, even on fresh installed ones.

ACK. Booting again without pinning.
by the way: can we hope for a 6.8.x kernel soon? saw a message here:
1712399693682.png

On which kernel? I noticed you have similar CPU as mine.
I have an i7-13700H on 6.5.13-3 & am hesitant to update to 6.5.13-5; your advice?
Kernel 6.5.13-5 contains fixes for the issues reported with 6.5.13-4 - so it should boot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!