Installation 8.1, video mode not supported

Andre_x

Feb 15, 2021
I've downloaded the latest version of Proxmox and as many others, when I start the installation, the screen goes in "not supported mode". I've tried 2 different screens, but nothing.
The problem is that the 8,1 doesn't have the "nomodeset".
How can I solve this problem?
Thanks!

I guess you've tried console/text installation, or you don't even get there?
Have your tried debian 12 installation, and install PVE on top?

I guess you've tried console/text installation, or you don't even get there?
Have your tried debian 12 installation, and install PVE on top?
Yes, I've tried all the installation option, but non worked.
I've tried installing Debian and it works. I guess that I'll install Proxmox on top of it.

Ran into the same issue. To fix, when you get to the boot menu use your keypad like you want to select text mode but press 'e'. It will drop to a console. Find the line that starts with linux, go to the end and add nomodeset. Press F10 or Ctrl+x to boot

Ran into the same issue. To fix, when you get to the boot menu use your keypad like you want to select text mode but press 'e'. It will drop to a console. Find the line that starts with linux, go to the end and add nomodeset. Press F10 or Ctrl+x to boot
I've just tried that, it stops with error "
Cannot run framebuffer mode. lease specify busIDs for all framebuffer devices
unable to connect to X server: Connection timed out"

I'll open a new thread with this error.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!