FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-4-pve/modules.dep

D

doknet

I want to installs openvpn en openvz vm.

firt)
Change en promox server

IPTABLES="iptable_filter iptable_mangle ipt_limit ipt_multiport ipt_tos ipt_TOS ipt_REJECT ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_LOG ipt_length ip_conntrack ip_conntrack_ftp ip_conntrack_irc ipt_conntrack ipt_state ipt_helper iptable_nat ip_nat_ftp ip_nat_irc ipt_REDIRECT xt_mac ipt_owner"

vzctl set 101 --iptables iptable_filter --iptables ipt_length --
iptables ipt_limit --iptables iptable_mangle --iptables ipt_REJECT --
save

/etc/init.d/vz restart

2. Allow the container to open the TUN/TAP interface. These steps specifically affect container ID 101.
vzctl set 101 --devices c:10:200:rw --save
vzctl set 101 --capability net_admin:eek:n --save
3. These kernel modules and commands should be ran/installed on the host node before the container is started:
modprobe ipt_mark
modprobe ipt_MARK
modprobe tun
4. Now start the container:
vzctl start 101
5. After starting the container run these commands on the host node:
vzctl exec 101 mkdir -p /dev/net
vzctl exec 101 mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200
vzctl exec 101 chmod 600 /dev/net/tun

But in openvz vm (101)

modprobe -l
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-4-pve/modules.dep: No such file or directory
ls -l /lib/modules/
empty .

Any idea what it mising

modprope will not work inside container (you need to load modules on the host side instead)

Thank you very much for answering
Top outlined the steps that follow, I would fail to operate the device tun / tap and can make br0 if the vpn to work.
When you change eth0 to br0, it stops working because it has the tun module.
In his case also I have installed bridge-utils.
That would fail me to tell apart from the three points mentioned in my first post

Already thank you very much

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!