Mount on container reboot

ukhost4u

Oct 30, 2008
Hello.

I currently have an iSCSI backup system setup on the physical node, but I need to mount this inside a container. I currently do this by using a mount like:

mount --bind /remotebackup /var/lib/vz/root/102/remotebackup

The issue is that if the container is rebooted this mount is lost. Is there a way to add this to the system so that it will mount this ever time a container is rebooted? Could it be added to the 102.conf for example?

I attempted to mount the iSCSI into the container directly but this caused other issues.

Thanks,

Paul Hughes
Senior Manager
http://www.ukhost4u.com/

Hello Tom.

Thanks for the link. Just to follow up how would I set this to be done on a container reboot? Do I add this to a conf file or do I need to reference it from the 102.conf file?

Its very important this is ran each time the container is rebooted.

Paul

yes, this script triggers on start/reboot.

Hello.

Maybe I am missing something but where do I place this script? Do I save it in a folder location as a .sh file?

I get the script, but what I don't get it where the script needs to go.

Thanks,

Paul

Hello.

Maybe I am missing something but where do I place this script? Do I save it in a folder location as a .sh file?

I get the script, but what I don't get it where the script needs to go.

Thanks,

Paul

see the link I sent.

cat << EOF > /etc/vz/conf/${CTID}.mount

this means the script must be in /etc/vz/conf/, and the name must be VMID.mount (eg. 101.mount).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!