Fresh created Volume group not listed in the web interface

oban

Dec 15, 2010
Hi,
I'm currently building a dual cluster with drbd and lvm.
Following the HOWTO available on the web site, I successfully built the cluster. Next I followed the DRBD HOWTO and successfully build the primary/primary DRBD mirror and applied the LVM configuration.

A "pvscan" give me the following output:
PV /dev/dm-4 VG drbdvg lvm2 [455.91 GB / 455.91 GB free]
PV /dev/sda2 VG pve lvm2 [19.49 GB / 2.49 GB free]

Then I should go to the web interface and try to add the LVM group to the Proxmox VE storage but I can't see any volume group named "drbdvg" in the "Volume Group Name" list. The only one listed is "pve"

Could you help me to resolve this issue ?

Config :

- Intel I7
- LSI MegaRaid 9260-4 controller, 2x SSD Crucial C300 256GB in RAID0 divided in 2 partitions
(1st partition (~20GB) for Proxmox installation and 2nd partition (~490GB) for DRBD

- Proxmox VE 1.7 (kernel 2.6.32-4-pve)

Initially, I upgraded to the kernel 2.6.35 (always following the HOWTO) but due to the DRBD version difference, I boot on the kernel 2.6.32-4-pve for safety.

Thanks for your help
oban

Hi dietmar,

vgs output is :

s-host01:~# vgs
VG #PV #LV #SN Attr VSize VFree
drbdvg 1 0 0 wz--n- 455.91G 455.91G
pve 1 3 0 wz--n- 19.49G 2.49G

Anyway, today my eyes are open and I can tell you that the LVM drbd volume was already available in the Storage list of the web interface (before opening this thread). So excepted that the group is not listed as mentioned above in this thread the volume is available and wait for any virtual machine installation. Sorry to bother you about that. (

Thanks for your support
oban

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!